C and J

Cheese and Jasmine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

...

Cheese and Jasmine

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In a quaint room, tidy and neat there sits two girls. Sana, the girl who loves cheese and and Dahyun, the girl who adores the scent of jasmine.

 

 

The two just ordered some cheese burgers, fries and two coffee float. They also added some salad and pasta. There were also some opened chips for movie munchies.

 

They were a little hungry.

 

 

 

The're set on the bed with a laptop was in front of them. Sana had to stop eating as she recognized the frown and pout on Dahyun’s face. 

 

Then there’s a crease in between her eyebrows. That’s when Sana had to ask.

 

 

“What is it?”

 

 

 

 

“What?” Dahyun answered but was still focused on her phone.

 

 

 

“You look like you’re pissed at something. What is it?” Sana leaned to peak at Dahyun’s screen but the girl moved it away.

 

 

“No. It’s nothing.” To Sana it definitely wasn’t nothing for Dahyun to hide it like that.

 

 

 

 

“Really nothing? Then why are you being secretive?” Sana tried to snatch the phone. But Dahyun straigthened her arm to distance the phone and used her serious face as she raised her index finger to the nosy friend of hers.

 

That finger meant Sana need to stand down.

 

 

“No.”

 

 

 

 

 

Sana raised her hands in understanding. “Okay, okay. We keep secrets now, glad to know that.” 

 

 

Dahyun knew Sana was just guilt tripping her but it won’t work.

 

 

 

 

They continued eating and watching five more episode of the series they had agreed upon.

 

 

A finger soon pressed the spacebar, pausing the movie.

 

 

“Uhm why are you pausing it if you’re not going to pee or something?” Sana was confused, annoyed. She was so invested in the scene when Dahyun suddenly paused it.

 

 

 

“Finally, you talked. You were giving me the silent treatment.” Dahyun had said it.

 

Ever since Dahyun had said she won’t share what she was seemingly pissed about a while ago, Sana seemed to have gone quieter and quieter. And Dahyun knew she wasn’t like that especially when they watch stuff. Sana would often speak out her thoughts on a scene along with passing by comments. This would in turn cause the two to discuss certain scenes they found worth discussing over, even pausing in order to do so. Sometimes it leads to arguments but nothing fatal. 

 

 

 

Sana squinted her eyes at the accusation.

 

“No, I wasn’t.”

 

 

 

Dahyun sighed. “Yes, you are.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“No, Dahyun.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Seriously, Sana just because of something like that? And you know I know when you’re being a little sulky.” Dahyun reached out to pinch Sana’s chin fat but the girl moved away.

 

 

 

“See, that’s what you do. You don’t let me pinch your cute chin.”

 

 

 

 

 

Sana knew she’s busted. “Okay, well you have your own cute chin so leave mine alone.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You’re being petty.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sana pressed play, she’s more interested to know what happens next.

 

“Let’s just watch Dahyun.”

 

 

 

Dahyun paused it once more. “Now, you’re being ridiculous. Let’s discuss your sulkiness like mature adults.”

 

 

 

 

Sana hated when her immaturity is being pointed out. Her head whipped to give a death glare. Dahyun moved away a little just in case the girl gets violent.

 

 

 

“Or not. Let’s just watch.” Dahyun played it again.

 

 

But this time Sana paused it.

 

 

“No. You’re right. Let’s discuss this like mature adults as you've said."

 

 

 

Dahyun swallows as she stares at her first aid kit below her vanity mirror. She can feel the heat of the girl’s stare at her face.

 

 

 

“Sana, I get it. Its not fine to keep secrets when we both basically share almost everything-“

 

 

 

But Sana didn’t let her finish.

 

“So who are you talking to making you all pouty. Is it the girl you like at the new cafe?” Sana’s voice noticeably weakened until she said the last word.

 

She sounded vulnerable that Dahyun felt the sudden urge to calm her.

 

 

“Oh no, no, no. It was just someone on the internet that said something.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh really?” Sana was testing her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey, you know I would tell you if there’s progress with my cafe crush.” That’s what Dahyun labelled the beautiful girl that works at the newly opened cafe Sana and Dahyun had visited a few times. Obviously, under Dahyun’s persistence and bribery with Sana’s barely there enthusiasm. The cafe had an interesting name, Hell in Heaven. It seemed to be owned by quite a young woman, Im Nayeon. Well, that’s what the two overheard from gossiping workers there namely Jeongyeon and Jihyo. Dahyun had also been wondering why the girl at the cashier. Her crush. Had no name tag on, like is that even allowed.

 

“Just call me Penguin.” The cashier girl once said which disturbed Sana and Dahyun but they awkwardly got along with it. Sana wondered why that didn’t turn off Dahyun but then again the cashier is admittedly sweet, polite and gorgeous.

 

 

Last week the two had kind of a fight after Sana found out Dahyun went at the cafe on her own. Dahyun suddenly slipped it out in one of their conversation causing Sana to feel left out or something. So that’s what came to Sana’s mind when she saw Dahyun getting invested on her phone such expression just now. Almost ignoring her. She thought Dahyun had gotten the cafe girl’s number and were texting each other.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Sure.” But Sana wasn’t looking so convinced although she knew Dahyun wouldn’t lie about that. As Dahyun had reasoned the only reason she went alone on the newly opened cafe was because she needed coffee and their go to cafe was closed for renovation. A certain Chou Tzuyu owned the cafe Eyes Wide Open, she is also Dahyun’s friend. Tzuyu had forgotten to give Dahyun the heads up to which she will make up with a free coffee when they reopened. As Tzuyu elaborated, 

 

“There’s new competition in town. I need to arm my cafe to the teeth so it would probably take a month or two. Sorry Dubs, tell Sana that as well.” Then the girl disappeared probably taking a vacation somewhere nice and expensive. Dahyun hopes she buys her a souvenir.

 

 

 

So yeah, back to the bickering cutie pies sat on the neat bed.

 

 

“I promise Sana. Its just someone getting cute with me online.” Dahyun held the girl's hand and smiled.

 

 

 

“You can have my cheese burger if you want. I’m feeling the pasta tonight anyway.” Dahyun added just to be more effective.

 

 

Sana knew Dahyun was being honest and so she smiled and stopped the act. Yeah, she's petty like that.

 

 

“Okay. Its mine. No take backs.” Sana was superfast in snatching the burger on Dahyun’s lap that Dahyun felt like she was robbed even if she offered it herself. Tricked to be more accurate.

 

 

“Yeah. Yours.” Dahyun could not help but melt as Sana took a big bite on the four cheese oozing double patty premium Angus beef burger with additional mushroom. Dahyun could salivate at the sight. Sana should be in a commercial for this very burger, Dahyun was sure it would be a hit.

 

Then she was literally feeling her shoulders getting hit.

 

 

“Ow, ow! What, what? I was listening! Stop.” Sana did stop only to raise an eyebrow at Dahyun who she was talking to but was staring into space.

 

 

 

“Oh yeah? What did I just say then?”

 

Dahyun swallowed. A lone sweat rolling down her forehead from the sudden pressure.

 

 

 

“That..”

 

 

 

 

“That?” Sana took another y, scratch that, sweet bite on her burger. Which was initially Dahyun’s just so it was said. Dahyun regretted giving the burger at the same time she doesn’t. It was confusing for her.

 

 

 

 

 

“Dahyun..”

 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun pulled herself together and smiled her dazzling smile.

 

“That you love me and that I should treat you some four cheese pizza tomorrow?”

 

 

 

 

Sana, without her own mind’s permission, giggled. She had to mentally scold herself for being too easy like that.

“Stop being cute, also I want some ice cream too.”

 

 

 

“Sana come on, that’s going to blow my wallet.” Dahyun whined and did more adorable fluttering of her eyelashes making Sana again more giggly. Her mind was so done with her easy giggly .

 

 

“Okay, stop! Fine, the ice cream is mine.” Sana pretended to huff a little.

 

 

 

“Chocolate please?” Sana resisted looking but she soon caved in and got trapped within Dahyun’s puppy eyes with puffy cheeks. To her, it was the cutest. But that info is confidential.

 

 

 

“Fine! Chocolate, whatever.”

 

 

Dahyun did some victory dance to that making Sana shake her head. y eagle flapping of her hands that her lips mimicked, also her bum just had to spasm to an invisible beat. Lucky for Dahyun, that's seemingly makes the edges of Sana's lips widen and pulls the bubbles of laughter out of . 
 

Sana reached out to slap her talented bum. 

"Goodness Dahyun stop!"

 

 

Dahyun stopped and wiggled her eyebrows at her.

"You love it. Stop being in denial."

Sana can only give her a playful scowl.

"You have too much air in your big head."

 

 

"That's what makes me so funny to you." Dahyun was feeling herself, really. 
 


Sana ignored the smug comment as she reached for her drink. felt a little dry.

“But no, you’re not getting away just yet. So what we’re you pouting at your phone a while ago?” 

 

 

 

 

“Really with all that I’ve done, you're still not letting it go or even accidentally forgetting it?” Dahyun should have known it was wishful thinking for Sana to let this pass.

 

 

Sana just stared and waited unimpressed.

 

 

 

 

 

“Okay, okay." Dahyun was contemplating. Should she? 
 

"So there's this girl.." Dahyun paused still feeling unsure of saying it to Sana. While Sana tries to brush that sinking feeling of hearing that its about a girl.

"..who replied to a comment of mine. You know how I don’t enjoy sad endings right? And I was getting into that part of me after I read something a little too heartbreaking, then she came unto me.” Dahyun ranted but Sana had difficulty following although she kinda get what she sayin'. She was distracted by Dahyun’s cute frustrated cheeks, scrunched nose, sharp eyes and tiny hands waving in the air. Sana can imagine Dahyun as one big cheese burger at times. Kinda wrong but hell, Dahyun is a whole damn snack. Again, another confidetial info.

 

 

“Uhuh.” Sana pretends to nod.

 

 

Dahyun was now reading the anonymous person’s comment and also read her own comment just to give Sana more context. But Sana was not actually 100% there with her.

 

 

 

“She even said thanks, like she was being cute. I don’t know, it got to me. Like you know what I mean right, you get me right?” Dahyun needed someone to support her or she would feel like the other person was right and she was wrong. Even if that was the truth she doesn’t care at the moment.

 

 

“Wait, wait..”

 

Suddenly it sinks in to Sana.

 

 

 

 

“What?” Dahyun’s pupils focusing at Sana who was rendered silent as she stared at Dahyun then back to her own phone.

 

Then Sana was grabbing her phone charging by the bedside table in an abrupt manner.

 

 

“What are yo-“

 

 

 

Sana cut her off. “Was this on twitter?”

 

 

 

 

“Well, uh, yeah kind of.” Dahyun scratched her nape. Although she shouldn’t even try with Sana because its Sana.

 

 

 

 

“Dahyun you at lying to me. What app are you talking about?”

 

 

 

“Ugh. It doesn’t matter, Sana. I’m just glad to let it out. I feel much better now. Now we can drop it and you can stop sulking."

 

 

 

 

 

“So its you,” Sana was eyeing her..

 

 

 

 

“Huh? What do you mean?”

 

 

 

 

“You’re jasmineurbusiness012, aren’t you? On asianfanfics?” Not sponsored by the way.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What?”

 

 

 

What?! Dahyun yelled louder in her mind. Panic mode. Activated.

 

 

 

 

 

“How, how would you know.. oh my god! You’re cheese4life?! This can't be! What the-“

Dahyun stood from the bed. Flabbergasted. It does make the most sense, how else would Sana know her username? Unless she went viral which she didn't. She checked.

 

 

 

 

“So you’re a fan of Sahyun and Dana to from Twice?” Dahyun asked still in disbelief.

 

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter