FINAL

Heavy Rain

 

The dark sky has come again...

Is it because big gray clouds are covering her heart or else?

 

The cold wind blows violently, hitting the thin body until it starts to sting in an area that isn't covered by the fabric. But the girl is still sitting, not going anywhere.

 

Her thoughts are empty.

Unlike the pavement that began to be covered by rain all over every square inch.

 

Little by little...To the raging of both the storm and the heavy rain.

 

Even though her thin body is drenched in rain, cold with the wind of the storm,  she's still in the same place.

Her hands clenched their skirt tightly until they saw a bloody vein coming up at the back of their hands, biting on thin lips until  hematoma and it remains like this for an hour since the person beside her is still the present.

 

Until she has become her past.

 

“Do we break up Chae?”

 

For what reason?....

 

“I think we can’t go any further….”

 

Huh..so funny….

 

Lee Chaeyeonused to think that the protagonists would have gone crazy when they were very sad and loved to sit in the rain. Let’s yourself suffer. Lamenting their own mistakes and other causes but now, Lee Chaeyeon fully understands those characters.

 

A physical pain can’t be compared with the mentally one.

 

Someone once said, if there is a discord, think of the good things we’ve been through together. Remembering the happiness that we all contributed to. Chaeyeon completely believes that those methods will still be able to hold her.

But not with Kwon Eunbi. She didn’t even listen to any beg from her.

 

Both of us are not cheating on each other. No. Over the past five years  we've been happy together. No one can intervene in our love. Our parents are accepted and understand each other. Everything was so good. Too good. And Chaeyeon is afraid of what would happen without her? She admitted that she couldn’t imagine it.

 

Until that day comes...today….

 

It’s almost 8PM. The atmosphere around her darkened with time. And it’s become darker when the storm is still raging. And Lee Chaeyeon is still blind. She’s lost in the maze of misunderstanding. Let herself get wet till the whole body shakes. Cheayeon started to feel tired. She was too tired to get up to go home.

No. It might never have her ‘home’ anymore.

 

****

 

Her mobile screen is bright. Notice that it’s already 10PM.

 

The owner looked at it. A message warned her to prepare but she just let the screen turn off by itself.

 

Kwon Eunbi looked out of the window. It’s still raining. And continues like this until morning.

 

She has been quiet since she came home. Her real home. Eunbi looked at the door that her brother was knocking at.

“Eunbi. Have you finished? We need to go.”

“Umm. A little more!”

 

Make sure that he has walked out. Eunbi turns back to the same window again. Although the image in front of you is completely dark and you can’t  see anything except your own shadow with the raindrops on the glass.

 

She’s not cry. Eunbi just stood still.

 

Not out of love. Not that willing. She has a reason to go. And she can’t tell her.

Yes. Kwon Eunbi is still in love. And feel guilty for Lee Chaeyeon

 

She used to think what it would be like? If the situation in the novel that passes through her eyes has happened to herself? If she needs to be the one that has to wait. Would she be able to hold it?

Or she is the one that needs to go like this. Would she really accept it?

 

No, she’s can’t.

 

Eunbi closed her eyes. The sound of rain hitting the window might lound. But the cry in her heart was lounder. A tear fully in her eyes but not be released by the law of gravity.

 

Then Eunbi accidentally glanced downward. A familiar figure was pausing in front of her.

 

****

 

It must have been a habit of influencing Chaeyeon to stop her feet in areas where the person from above could see her.

 

She couldn’t step on, as if frozen.

 

Standing still for a long time until the rain subsides.Not quite sure how many hours it has been now. 

 

But the light from the room above was completely dark.

 

Kwon Eunbi is no longer with her anymore...