fin.

Gotta Go
Please log in to read the full chapter

Seul sat in-between Inseong and Dawon as the Marketing Department was having one of their quarterly meetings. This was the first meeting that Seul was present for since she started working for NEOZ Group a few months ago.

"Ms. Lee, you sit right here next to me." Youngbin stated as he motioned to the seat left of him for Seul to take.

"To better assist me."

Youngbin cast his personal assistant a friendly smile and Seul nodded with a small smile as she quickly stood while the two males sniggered knowingly at her. Seul slightly hushed them to stop it before making her way towards her boss and sat to his left while glaring at the two males who only cast her playful smiles. Seul cast Youkyung a smile who was sitting to the right of Youngbin, but the female only rolled her eyes before turning away from Seul. Seul brushed her off and got herself situated and glanced up to see that Dawon had purposely chosen to sit across from her with a playful expression.

"Why are you sitting right there?" Seul whispered as Dawon grinned before answering.

"So that I can watch you fall asleep like you've done back in school."

"That's messed up and I've never fallen asleep. I always doodled and pretended like I was paying attention. Thank you very much."

"Now that's messed up."

The duo's conversation was interrupted when Youngbin started the meeting.

"Good morning, everyone." Youngbin greeted the employees as he held a small remote control for the powerpoint presentation.

"For this meeting, we're going to discuss last quarter's activities, the activities for this quarter, and the social media and video advertisements for Mrs. Bages' product launch."

Within ten minutes of the meeting Seul already lost interest and began doodling on the agenda out of boredom to keep herself awake. Of course she listened in on what was being talked about, but for her she retained information better when taking partial notes. A moment later Seul's attention went to a small balled up piece of paper thrown by Dawon. She shot the male a blank look as Dawon signaled for her to open it. She did so and saw that Dawon had written 'you're gonna get caught' and in response she crumpled up the paper again with the male pouting.

Soon enough Seul was snapped back to reality five minutes later when she felt something hit her arm again. She looked towards Dawon who grinned at her while pointing at the papered star he had flicked at her to open it. Seul ignored him and pushed the paper back towards the male as to not wanting to deal with the whole note passing situation if they were caught. Dawon quietly rose from his swivel chair to retrieve the note and once he successfully got it back he had sat down only to crash to the floor with the chair rolling away once he tried to stand back up. All eyes were on Dawon as he silently laughed at his embarrassment and continued to just sit on his knees instead of back onto his chair.

"Is everything alright, Mr. Lee?" Youngbin asked while pausing in mid-speech.

"Ah, yes, I'm fine. Just wanted to test out the rolling chair." Dawon replied nonchalantly as he attempted to do just that.

"I thought you tested that out the first time we held a meeting." Youngbin said in amusement while Dawon coughed to hide his embarrassment again.

"Did I? I don't remember."

"I see. Well, let me finish this up and you can present your data analysis with Yoonho afterwards."

Youngbin continued on with his talk for another few minutes before handing it off to Yoonho and Dawon afterwards. Seul paid attention for a few seconds before realizing that she already knew what it was about as she had helped Dawon and Yoonho prepare this just a few days ago. Seul's attention went back to the paper before her as she continued to doodle various things. Unconsciously her right hand had slipped into her dress' pockets and was surprised when she pulled out a strawberry starburst. She had forgotten that her outfit actually had pockets for once. She happily unwrapped the sweet-tart treat and popped it into .

"What do you got there, Seul?"

"Nothing for you."

"That's not nice."

"Yeah, well, you should probaby shut up as we're in a meeting."

Seul wasn't aware that she was casually speaking with Youngbin as she was more focused on her candy.

"Really? Anwyays, are you going to share, Seul?"

The same male voice asked her and she automatically responded with something she would say to her sister upon hearing her name like always still not aware of the sitaution.

"Not with you."

Before realizing that it wasn't Yeon, but her boss that had asked that question. She hastily looked over at Youngbin with a sheepish look.

"Ah, sorry about that, Mr. Kim. I didn't mean to be so frank with you. My apologies. Um, but here you go, sir."

Seul whispered in embarrassment as she slid a lemon starburst towards the male while thinking why he had called her so casually within the work setting and of their different ranks. Youngbin chuckled softly as he took the item hiding the fact that he enjoyed the reaction he got out of his personal assistant.

"It's okay, Ms. Lee."

Seul just nodded although she just realized that he had addressed her properly this time. She didn't have much time to think about it until she noticed a small piece of crumpled paper coming into her view. Seul raised a brow wondering who it could be until she noticed that Inseong was looking at her expectantly. She realized it was him as he shot her a knowing look. Seul rolled her eyes, but actually went to read it since Inseong wasn't anything like Dawon. That was until she read the content and knew that he was just like him as Inseong had written if she liked their boss or not. Seul shook her head as a response, but Inseong didn't believe her. She didn't care if he did or not.

Once the meeting was over, Seul returned to her desk tired and hungry as she felt drained for some odd reason. It wasn't even lunch time yet. She tiredly placed her head on top of the files of her desk while her desk phone machine was flashing red indicating she already had a voicemail to respond back to. Seul sighed as she closed her eyes to recuperate before going back into work mode. It didn't last long as her short break was disrupted when she heard a file or two slapped against her desk. Seul lifted her head to come face to face with a gleeful looking Dawon. She did not like the look on his face.

"Yes, Dawon?"

"So, you and the b-"

Seul interrupted him.

"There's nothing going on between us."

"Oh, c'mon, don't lie."

"I'm not. Seriously. There's nothing going on between us."

Dawon was gonna tease Seul some more, but she glared at him.

"Don't you have some other work to finish?"

"Well, yes, I do."

"Then why are you standing there?"

"To bother you like always."

"Gosh you're so annoying."

"I know, but anyways, you an-"

Seul shot him a dark look.

"You should probably shut up."

"And if I don't?"

Dawon grinned at her mischievously.

"hen I'ma beat you up."

Dawon backed off from the subject.

"Okay, whoa, whoa. Calm down. Usually that's Yeon's line, but alright."

Seul rolled her eyes.

"Because you talk too much and like bothering people for the fun of it."

"You right."

He chuckled.

"Anyways," Dawon changed the subject, "I need to discuss with you about what cake to get Hwiyoung for his birthday coming up soon."

"Why do you need to discuss that with me?"

"I wanna get everyone's opinions and help on it."

"You don't need my help. You can do that by yourself."

"I could, but I remember that you used to bake, right?"

"Not really."

"But don't you make cookies for Jangmi?"

The phone on Seul's desk rang and she ignored Dawon to answer the call.

"Hello, this is Seul Lee of the Marketing Department of NEOZ Group."

Seul reached for a pen and paper as she took down the caller's message and Dawon reluctantly returned to his desk. For a good hour and a half Seul had been constantly talking on the phone with clients about business ordeals that she hadn't realized her own phone going off as it was muted, but set to vibrate mode. Seul also hadn't paid attent

Please log in to read the full chapter