Towards the sunset

Towards the sunset
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am mad, so so mad. You cant believe how mad i was.It started off with me knocking the door and calling out for help and ended with me kicking the door and shaking the damn door until the handle broke off.

" give it a rest , they locked us in here "
The glare i give the other girl was enough for her to raise her hands  " whoa sana . Im sorry "

" youre sorry? ,pfft  ya right. You werent sorry when you tripped me over half an hour ago during practice"

" it was an accident"  the girl pouts and i shoot her a pointed look  " you caught me , it wasnt an accident " she smirks

"What the hell is your problem? . You've been such a lately and i have no idea what the hell i did wrong!. So enlighten me nayeon. What the hell is your damn problem ? "

" youre my problem"

" im your problem?" I stepped forward . Im exhausted and i want out of this room. I can tell she is too cause she doesnt answer and turns away , creating space between us , as if it werent so big already  .

I watch her with my arms crossed. My chest heaving from all the anger . Shes rolling up her sweatpants and using her shirt to fan herself and thats when i realized. The room was getting hot.

Instead of pushing for answers , i look for the air conditioner remote , only to not find it 

" do you have it? " i asked her, arm stretched out ready to take it from her.

She looks at my hand and then up at me , panting and shaking her head no. Sweat droplets falling off her face.


I know nayeon gets tired faster than i do and she gets fatigued when it gets too hot or when shes too tired.I still worry about her, but im not going to tell her that.

I started looking for the airconditioner remote again, scanning the walls and opening the cupboards and in between the sofa only to confirm ,there wasnt any.

I sigh, this was just great. Not only did i get locked up here with a close friend turned enemy in a practice room we barely used that didnt have wall mounted controls and  ontop of that Im tired ,im exhausted and i just want to go home. So im mad . I really am.

Why did i choose this day to leave my phone in the waiting room? Why?. I looked over at nayeon who was now sitting against the mirror wall , her hair now in a bun. Wiping her sweat away with the sleeve on her shoulder.

" do you have your phone? "  she shakes her head and who was i kidding . Nayeon was always attached to her phone. She wouldve been calling for help if she had her phone but it didnt hurt for me to check and confirm her phone wasnt with her and the answer just makes this whole thing even worst.

" take the sofa nayeon"

She barely even looks at me ,but she gets up or atleast tries to but then she sinks lower onto the floor until shes lying flat. She must be over exhausted.  I take my towel and roll it up before walking over to her bending down, i lift her head remove the bun as gently as possible before placing the towel below her head.

I stand back up and move farther away from her before sitting down and looking over at her.

I reason with myself that nayeons just really tired that she doesnt fight me when i try to help her or even touch her ,like shes been doing for months. I dont know what her reason is for being mean to me and creating this distance between us but im still upset about it and i still want us to get back to what we were before.

I know so much things about her as she does with me , but months can change a person.  Time does that to people. Time did that to us , or maybe we did that to each other.

The only time nayeon allows me to help her or touch her was when we were told to stand next to each other, in practice and in events but other than that, the other woman would have moved away and asked someone else for help , when i was clearly right there ,close by.

It hurts . It stung. To know someone and then not know them at all. Its been months and ive tried getting closer again with nayeon numerous times but shed tell me she no longer likes the things i thought she did. Even told me once that i didnt know her at all. That broke my heart and im not afraid to admit this but we havent been in a room together alone for so long and i guess i could talk to her now. Shes asleep anyways.

"  i have alot to say to you but i dont know where to start . I want to apologize for whatever it is that i did that made you distant yourself from me. Im sorry, i really am. But i cant help but wished you told me , so i can fix it " sigh " I just want to fix us nayeon. I want us to be okay. I need us to be okay. I just... im s-sorry " my voice breaks " i truely am . I just .... i miss you "

" im sorry,  i didnt prepare a speech for this .. i had it all in my head before, gave myself a pep talk t-to when i c-could finally say this to you  and now ,i guess . is a good time as any. cause you wont remember this " i smile sadly" thank you nayeon ,T-thank you  for everything . i wish things werent like this . I wish i didnt feel so heartbroken  and dont worry, i'll be okay . i promise"  a tear falls onto my cheek " sleepwell "

I must have fallen asleep because when i woke up. Im suddenly freezing. I looked over at nayeon and see her curled up facing toward me . She must be cold too.

I get up and stretched , zipping up my jacket all the up my neck , before going towards her and gently picking her up. I miss being this close to her.

I lay her down on the sofa gently, grabbing the blankets and opening them up before placing them onto her.

I move the stray hairs away from her face. Admiring the beauty she really is and caress her cheek with my thumb
" youve always been beautiful " i whisper and then moved away.

There really was nothing much here , in this room. Just a few bottles of water and few towels, the sofa , a first aid kit , whatever youd find in a practice room and just nayeon and i. 

I check the time and its been atleast 3 hours since we've been locked up. 3 hours since our friends left us. I wasnt sure what time they planned on opening the door. I just hoped it didnt take long.

I dont know how long its been before i hear shuffling from the other side of the room. My eyes follow nayeon as she got up and stretched. She looked better , which meant she felt better after a long nap. I was happy about that.

I dont know what shes doing since i looked away a moment ago but i know that shes moving. I didnt want her to catch me looking and start a fight. Hence,why i was laying down and looking at the ceiling near the door .

I hear her foot step coming towards my direction near the door. Shes in my line of sight now. Atleast her back is as she looked out of the window in the door. Her hand blindly reaches for door handle that wasnt there , she does it a few times before realizing there wasnt one. The amusement i found watching her dissappears when she turns around to look at me.

" wheres the door handle? "  she asks , there wasnt a punch or a raise of voice in the way she did before but for some reason it still hurt me . I point in the direction of the shelves above me and i move away

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter