2/4

Three More Steps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
    STEP I m i x  i t  

 

"Jinae, you must believe me. I'm telling the truth!” Sehun whined and stomped like a frustrated kid.

Exhaling sharply, Jinae folded her hands and glared at the male. Gulping, Sehun stepped back a little when he saw Jinae clenching her hand. Sehun knew he was annoying her, but he couldn't help acting that way when he's around her because she's Kim Jinae after all, his best friend.

"So you're telling me that you tried to imagine kissing Jisoo but the girl who showed up in your so-called dream was me and we kissed?" Jinae cocked an eyebrow and scoffed at the male sharing the same height as a baby giraffe.

At least giraffes are sometimes more brilliant than her clueless friend.

"Yeah." Sehun nodded frantically as his best friend came to understand what he was trying to say for the last ten minutes. Their morning break was about to end in five minutes.

Jinae tiptoed and pinched the male's ear, and scolded him. "Stupid."

As Sehun cried in pain, she released his ear and seethed.

"Sehun, I know for a fact that this is one of your damn reasons not to engage in a conversation with Jisoo. But let me tell you, I will not buy your crap today because I have tons of crap to finish before the deadline that you and Mr Kim have set."

He said, "Y-You know that's just a part of my job. And trust me, that's not the case! I did everything I could do to imagine Jisoo's face, but all I could imagine was you. I'm not sure why, but I think there's something wrong with me. Oh my goodness!" Sehun dramatically held his head.

Why am I this jerk's BFF? Jinae rolled her eyes. Well, what to do? Her best friend is everything to her, although he could break the annoying meter scale if there were even one.

"Stop it." She warned.

"Sorry." saying, Sehun stood like a child.

Jinae held his hands and looked at him. "Sehun baby, listen. I know how terrible you are at visualizing stuff unless it's related to your job, and you have Jongin to help you for that anyways. And don't ever try to envisage any girls in your dreams cause their faces will either be mine or Jinah's or your mother's cause we're the only female species you actually interacted with during your entire 25 years of existence. I mean, it will be a huge surprise if you even remember the name of the girl you dated three years ago." Jinae let go of his hands and shrugged indicating her best friend had no other possibility.

Jongin? Is that what she's calling him now? Oh, right, after that staff dinner, these two got close and even began addressing each other by names which seriously irritates me to the core, but imma just pretend that I haven't seen any . Sehun cursed Jongin inside his head.

"Remember that one time I asked you to buy catfish for dinner? You bought a whole cat and a fish in a bowl. That's how horrible you are, my child." Jinae shook her head. Sehun just gasped at what she said because at that time he seriously had no idea what's a catfish was.

Besides that, he was really astonished by her words. Everything Jinae said made sense. Of course, she knows everything about him as he does about her. And somehow the truth struck him, and he felt despair. Sehun laughed in his head— maybe Jinae was right about how bad he is at visualization. It , big time.

Jinae stared at her watch. "Just a couple more minutes to finish the break. Let's go back to the office."

Sehun followed his friend like a lost child. It would take them at least three minutes to reach their office as Sehun brought Jinae to the emergency exit stairs saying he had "something big, a very big secret" to tell her.

Sehun bumped against the small frame of his friend when she suddenly paused in her tracks and her heels to give him a scrutinizing look. Sehun started to sweat in fear.

"If you don't pull your balls together and say at least a little  "hi" to Jisoo, I have no other option but to kick your balls in front of her. No kidding," said Jinae with a hint of threat in her tone and proceeded to make her way to their office.

Sehun gulped and wiped the beads of sweat off his temple and followed his best friend, mentally praying that someone would save him.

Someone, please save my Sehun Jr.

 

 

After printing the required documents from the photocopy room, Jinae strolled to her seat. In the corner of her right eye, she caught Sehun waving his hands and mouthing something to her. Jinae didn't mind the annoying brat and sat in her seat.

The girl hissed when she couldn't focus on counting the papers. Jinae glanced up to see her female colleagues flocking around the one and only Byun Baekhyun whose cabin was just opposite to her, and giggling at whatever he said.

Of course, she couldn't say anything to him because— firstly, he is the chief designer of the company. In contrast, she's an associate editor, so automatically, he's in a position higher than her. Secondly, he is Sehun's friend. They were in the same batch during their college days while she was in a different set, and every time Sehun tries to introduce Baekhyun to her, she shrugs it off. And lastly, Baekhyun has always looked sus. I mean, who in the world would work only for two hours and spend the remaining work hours just by chilling and chit-chatting with the ladies? Jinae felt a chill down her spine just by thinking about talking to Baekhyun.

She pulled out her phone from the bag, plugged in her earphones, and played Peace Sign with maximum volume just to block those cringe-, high-pitched fake laughs. But little did she know, Baekhyun had already shoo-ed away the girls and was staring at Jinae, who was busy counting the papers while her head softly bobbed to the song she was listening through her earphones. The male leaned against his chair, pouting and playing with his pen while his eyes innocently fixated on her. "Kim Jinae," he said under his breath.

 

 

This is it. Now was the time. The time Jinae has been waiting for— Lunchtime!

"Sehun. Sehun!" Jinae pulled Sehun's sleeve as soon as she spotted Jisoo eating alone in the cafeteria, so that means it's finally Sehun’s time! Sehun looked down at his friend, who was clinging onto his arm as if he would run away if she didn't hold him. "Jinae, I can't do this. I'm so scared." he shook his head in denial.

"Then forget about your future generation."

Jinae cracked her knuckles, punched the air, blew the strand of hair covering her vision, and was getting ready to rise from her seat. Sehun was trembling in fear as he remembered the way she said she would kick his balls if he didn't talk with Jisoo; he was convinced that she would end his family line. "J-Jinae. I will talk, okay? Calm down. I will talk, oof." he huffed.

"Really?!" Jinae was quite surprised by his reply but was happy that he's finally acting like a man. Smirking, Jinae sat back on her seat.

"Yeah. Now stop acting like that. Everyone's watching. We're in the cafeteria for god's sake. People might probably think you are high."

"Are you nagging me?" Jinae narrowed her eyes."N-no!" came a quick reply from the boy.

Jinae nodded, still giving him a judging look, and eyed him to go and strike a conversation with Jisoo.

Swallowing the last drop of his orange juice, Sehun wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and raised from the chair with an overflowing determination. Jinae was feeling proud that her friend was finally getting into some action.

"Jinae. I will be back with victory." he looked over her shoulder and raised his hand.

"I will wait for you, brotha. Fighting!" Jinae mirrored him.

Jinae curiously watched Sehun walking toward Jisoo. Not only Sehun but Jinae was nervous as well. She just wanted the best for him. She hoped at least this relationship would be a successful one for her best friend. Jinae blinked rapidly and squeezed her eyes; she couldn't believe what she just saw. Sehun was coming back. He was freaking coming back, which means he didn't talk to her! It was not even a minute, yet he came back and sat next to her. Is he nuts?! He just missed a great chance!

"Jinae. I can't do this." he said nervously.

The moment she heard him utter those words, Jinae dropped her favorite chocolate milkshake on the ground. She didn't stay awake those nights to make a list of how to woo Jisoo, and all he says is, "I can't do this?" What the hell?! Jinae raised from her seat and banged her palms against the table in such a way it didn't make much noise and grab everyone's attention, well, except for the ones sitting next to them because they were seated at the very corner of the cafeteria. She leaned forward to the same level as Sehun's face. She scoffed looking at how his face was painted with nothing but horror. Sehun bit the insides of his cheeks.

"I knew you were a but didn't know you were this much of a ." Jinae threw daggers at him before walking away.

Sulking like a child, Sehun looked at the table. He noticed Jinae didn't finish her lunch, and the only thing she likes to drink was now poured on the ground. Oh, what a mess they just made.

"I'm sorry for being such a loser and a , Jinae." he mumbled.

 

 

"Jinae! Pleaseee forgive meee!" Sehun begged her, but she pretended like she was deaf and walked away. That didn't stop Sehun from crying and begging her even though the people who passed them thought he was a weirdo. Like, who in the right mind would follow his best friend, whining like a kid and asking her to forgive him? That too in public? Only Oh Sehun and people who are as dramatic as him would do.

Jinae paused in her tracks when Sehun suddenly stopped his "forgive me please" ramblings. Meanwhile, Sehun, who quit his ramblings for a moment to catch his breath and drink some water, was now excited and relieved when he saw his friend paused walking. Was she going to finally forgive him? Sehun thanked the heavens. His grin dropped just as fast as it formed when he saw Jinae flagging a cab.

"No. Wait!" Sehun yelled while running after her. Unfortunately, Jinae was already inside the cab.

Sehun's shoulders slumped. He sighed continuously until his bag, which was almost on the verge of falling, fell off his shoulders.

Grabbing the bag from the ground, Sehun kicked the small stone and groaned.

"How unlucky am I that I could not even talk with the girl I like and now my best friend hates me for putting her efforts into the drain. I'm a pathetic loser."

Scratching his temple, Sehun eyed the cab halting near him.

"Did you book a ride, sir? I received a message about a ride booked to this location."

Sehun looked confused. He definitely didn't book a cab as he was busy apologizing to Jinae.

Wait.

A small smile crept through his lips.

Silly Jinae.

"Oh, yeah. I booked the ride."

 

 

"I'm sorry." was the first thing that escaped his lips the next day.

Jinae rolled her eyes and mumbled, "Whatever," and strode away after locking her apartment. "Jinae, wait! Let's go together!"

Sehun was quick enough to enter the cab that Jinae just entered, although his ironed shirt was a mess after dodging and getting cursed at by everyone on his way — it was worth the effort after all.

"Hi," he said with a grin. Jinae blankly stared at him and threw her unused handkerchief at him. He was feeling out of breath, yet he was grinning at her hoping she would forgive him. Like hell, she would forgive him this soon, but anyways an A+ for the effort wouldn't hurt.

The next day, like a dejavu, the same thing happened. Sehun apologized to her in the morning, afternoon, evening, and night. Yet no effect— except for his grade, which went from A+ to A- because of his persistent .

 

Sehun pressed his hands against the wall and blocked Jinae's way.

"Mr. Oh, please move. I need to take the photocopies before you claim that I slacked off."

Sehun felt offended. He never accused her of slacking or made her work overtime, but even if he did make her work overtime, it would include the others too — the more, the merrier — profitwise for the company, of course.

"I n-never said that!" he folded his arms and puffed his cheeks at her accusation.

"Thank you for moving out of the way, sir." Jinae said with a fake smile plastered on her lips and strode to the photocopy room.

And that's when it hit him. "Did she just? Woah-" his mouth widened, but he quickly covered it with his hand.

"She just did that to make me move out of the way?!" he whispered to himself.

But that didn't discourage him. It only made him more determined.

After work, Sehun bought Jinae's favorite pizza to surprise her. When he excitedly entered her apartment, he saw Jinae already eating her favorite pizza. Sehun placed the pizza box on the dining table and sat next to her. Leaning towards the table, Sehun rested his head on the back of his hand and pressed his lips into a thin line. He watched Jinae happily eating her pizza, very clearly ignoring his existence.

"Why are you here?" she asked and took a bite off her slice of pizza.

Sehun's face lit upon hearing her initiating the convo. He wanted to say, "Why do you think? I missed talking to you. I missed you." But he chose not to say that.

"I bought pizza for dinner and also… I'm sorry."

"I already told you that I won't forgive you yet. Not this easily." Jinae paused to the cheese off her upper lip and glanced at him. He did look like a sad, frustrated puppy, but no— nothing could change her mind at the moment. "Not when you waste my efforts." She shrugged as she nonchalantly leaned forward the table to grab the tissues Sehun bought along with the pizza.

"And oh, I'll be heading to bed in a few minutes. Make sure to turn off the lights and clean the table after eating your dinner. I know you didn't eat."

Sehun felt a pinch in his heart. Jinae knew he didn't eat his dinner. She knows everything about him, but why can't she understand that he means his apology? Sehun clenched his fists and punched his thighs, realizing he was wrong, and has learned his lesson. He shouldn't have been a coward and should've followed her words, and this wouldn't even have happened.

Just like Jinae told him, Sehun cleaned the table after eating, washed the utensils (which she didn't mention), and turned off the lights before leaving her place.

 

 

Another day. Yet the same headache for Jinae. Sehun was nothing but a pain in her . He kept following her all day. When she was left for work every morning, when she was working, when she was in the cafeteria, when she was about to enter the restroom, when she made coffee, when she left home after work, and when she was at home— he was everywhere like, everywhere like a speck of dust, irritating her with his annoying  apologies. At this rate, Jinae almost forgot what he was even apologizing for.

Does he ever get tired?

"No!" Sehun unconsciously yelled when he saw Jinae entering Jongin's office through his office's see-through glass was. Sehun and Jongin's office has see-through glass walls so that they can examine their team members.

He immediately rushed out of his office and stood in front of Jongin's. "What am I even doing?" palming his face, Sehun cursed under his breath. She just went in to check the office-related documents with Jongin, and he had no reason to get worked up like this. Right?

Sehun once again cursed under his breathe for acting so stupid.

"Mr. Oh, are you okay? God, you're sweating a lot."

Sehun's face grew pink when he recognized the voice. He plunged his handkerchief out of his pockets and wiped the sweat off his face at light speed.

Jisoo chuckled. She found the way Sehun wiped off his sweat amusing. ‘He is so clumsy,’ she thought.

Sehun blinked rapidly. His heart was beating like it's in a marathon. Well, whose heart wouldn't when they see a beautiful girl like Kim Jisoo?

Oh god. Her tiny laugh was like a concert to his ears. He would love to experience it every day and every second.

"Mr. Oh," Jisoo waved her hands near his eyes. He almost got lost into his dreamworld at this small interaction, and what would happen if he actually talked to her? He was screaming inside.

"I almost lost you there. Hope you consult a doc, Mr. Oh. You look really sick."

Sehun's heart skipped a beat when he heard her concerned voice and how her face frowned in worry.

He just nodded shyly. Jisoo smiled and went back to her cabin, hugging the files having colorful sticks.

"Gosh," Sehun stumbled on his feet. He cleared his throat and looked around. Fortunately, no one noticed him except Jisoo, and Jinae was still talking to Jongin. Wait, why do they look close? And what are they giggling at? For some unknown reasons, Sehun was curious. He wanted to know what they were talking about, and he knows very well that they're not talking about work now.

As curiosity surged through his cells, Sehun had no other option but to press his ears against the glass wall like a fool he is and eavesdrop on what they were talking about, forgetting their offices are soundproof.

He went closer and closer, until he felt a sharp pain in his ear. He was so curious that he was ready to sacrifice his ear bones if that's even possible.

"Sehun."

The tall male dramatically flinched as he heard the very, very familiar voice. The shock was so bad that he even lost his balance and almost tripped but luckily, held tightly onto the guy's shirt before him.

"My coffee!" Baekhyun screeched as the coffee he just prepared was now spilled all over Sehun's dress shirt and on the floor.

"My precious shirt!" Sehun cried. Him being horrified was an understatement!

Looking down at the coffee stain making ugly art on his shirt, Sehun shut his eyes and cursed under his breath. My precious shirt. The one Jinae bought to congratulate him when he got promoted as a Co-Editor-in-Chief.

 

 

The evening air in Seoul was surprisingly cold. Sehun rubbed his hands together to feel the little warmth it produced as he was shivering in the cold. He forgot to bring his coat because of today's episode of chasing Jinae in the morning.

"J-Jinae," he said through his teeth. Sehun covered his mouth with his hand and blew, hoping that would make his hands warm. Not only was the night cruel to him but also Jinae because as soon as their shift ended an hour ago, Sehun dashed out of his office and joined Jinae hoping she would accept his apology but she didn't.

He took a step forward when she took three steps forward. And the worst part is, Jinae didn't say anything— she didn't call him "annoying" or scold him or even call his name as if it's the only thing she detests the most in this world.

Sehun was quietly following his best friend, maintaining a two meter distance between them. He wondered what made Jinae not use a cab and just take a long walk from the office to their home. The cold breeze blowing in Jinae's direction long hair and ruffled it. She stopped in her tracks to fix her hair. Sehun halted as well. He observed her from a distance. Suddenly, everything was in slow motion for him, and she was sparkling. Her hair looked like Rapunzel's— so long and pretty. He wanted to touch her hair and play with it. It's not like he hasn't touched her hair or played with before, oh well, they even pull their hair when they have an intense fight over watching their favourite anime but it was all different.

Sehun’s eyes widened when he realized what he was thinking. "," he slapped his mouth and shook his head. His face was burning. He convinced himself that it was because of the cold.

Jinae, who just fixed her hair, accidentally met eyes with the male before her. He looked messy— coffee stains all over his shirt, face red like a tomato, and his hair tousled. She sighed, while he sheepishly grinned.

She finally looked at me. Sehun thought.

Shaking her head, she walked towards Sehun, who looked so confused and hopeless. "Idiot, What happened to you?" Jinae hissed, wiping the coffee stains off his shirt with the wet tissues she had in her bag. Sehun was smiling eye to eye. His friend finally talked to him after a week, and he still couldn’t believe it. Was this real? or is this a dream? If this was a dream, he might as well confirm it.

"Jinae," he called her name so delicately like it was the name of someone precious to him. Well, she is so precious to him.

He touched her hair softly and smiled. Jinae looked confused, yet she let him feel her hair as he wanted. "So soft and real~" he smiled like an idiot.

"And I wanna punch you real bad, mister." She gritted.

Sehun flinched at the reality. He jumped back and rubbed his temple looking at anything except her.

Hands resting on her waist, Jinae looked at him like a strict mom who was about to scold her mischievous kid. "I didn't mind you for a week and this is how you look?" she roared, pulling the fabric on his chest with her thumb and index finger. Biting her lips, she glared at the male.

Sehun looked like a puppy.

"I'm sorry." he mumbled innocently.

"Sehun, you know what? I actually forgot what the argument was about with the amount of apologies I had from you." A subtle smile crept through her lips as she finished the sentence and averted her gaze to the wall having a symmetrical crack.

"Did you just smile?" Sehun lowered his face to her level.

"Nope," she said with a straight face.

"Are you sure?" Sehun caught her off guard with the closure. His dazzling eyes fixated on her glistening ones. Jinae's breath hitched. He looked beautiful. Sehun is beautiful. Handsome. No one would deny that.

"Y-Yeah."

Jinae swallowed the lump down . Oh-ing-Sehun. She cursed in her head. She dug her nails inside her palm. 

Sehun blinked and tilted his head. Why is she looking at me as if she saw a ghost?

"Ji-"

Sehun was interrupted by a sharp and painful flick on his forehead.

"What the-" Sehun's mouth wide open in surprise. God, how badly he missed this for the past one week. They're back. Kim Jinae finally forgave Oh Sehun after a painful week.

"This is what you get for wasting my efforts." she folded her hands, altering her stance by resting all her weight on one leg while the other tapped on the ground.

"I missed you. Last time when you ghosted me for two days, I almost went crazy and now you haven't talked to me for a week, I actually went crazy." Sehun curled his lips. Jinae stopped tapping her feet on the ground and straightened her stance.

"I think I went overboard with the punishment. I'm so-sorry, Hun."

"Thank you." He giggled.

Jinae raised a brow at him. Why was he even laughing? Little did she know, she was giggling together with him. Anyone passing by them would think they're a clueless couple, but that's not the case for them; they're best friends.

The alley covered with the autumn leaves had no one but them, the cold breeze, and the evening sunset kissing their hearty laughs. 

 

 

"I can't believe you walked all the way to come here."

Sehun pulled the chair out for her to sit. After making sure she's comfortably seated, he sat opposite her.

"Of course, I wanted to eat in my brother's restaurant and also I wanted to treat you for dinner cause it's been a week since we ate together." Jinae said, going through the menu card. Sehun chuckled and shook his head.

"Noona," he leaned forward with his chin resting on his hand. "Can we just order the usual? I'm so hungry to go through the menu."

Jinae clicked her tongue and closed the menu card while her eyes coldly stared at him.

"Sehun. Did you forget when I told you not to call me that?" she folded her hands, and now it was her time to lean forward. "You are making it look like I’m three years older than you but I'm just three months older than you! Forget it, you’re treating tonight." her teeth, Jinae leaned back and crossed her legs.

Pouting, Sehun walked to the counter where Jinah, his cousin, was talking to a customer. She helps her boyfriend by assisting him in his restaurant when she's free. Sehun waited for her to finish and look at him. Once her eyes fell on him, he waved at her excitedly. "Noona!"

"Oh, Sehun-ah!" she smiled and rushed to him.

"You came with Jinae?"

He nodded.

"The usual?"

He nodded again.

"Is something wrong?" she asked, concerned.

“Nope.” Sehun shook his head.

Jinah worried about her little brother. He was sulking way too much today.

 

 

Usually, the waiters serve, and on busy days everyone helps, but when it's Sehun and Jinae, it's either Junmyeon or Jinah that serves no matter how swarming the restaurant is.

"Eat well!" Jinah placed their orders carefully on the table. Sehun lent his hand to help Jinah set a plate full of hot shrimp fried rice for Jinae.

"Thank you, my future sis-in-law!" Jinae teased, making Jinah blush. "Oh god, Sehun, she's blushing." Jinae high-fived him.

"My goodness, I'm embarrassed." saying, Jinah rushed back to the counter.

Jinae and Sehun were laughing together at how Jinah looked like a teenager in love. Oh, how bad Sehun missed this for the past week.

Jinae's laugh faded when she saw the new customer walking through the restaurant. She saw how the girl looked around for a place to sit, but customers filled every seat. Junmyeon's restaurant is a hot spot in this vicinity mainly for their food and 80's style infrastructure. Their chef Doh Kyungsoo is a blessing to her brother's restaurant.

Sehun frowned upon seeing Jinae staring at something so intently that she even stopped laughing.

"What's wrong?" he asked and was about to turn, but Jinae was quick enough to shout his name, hoping Jisoo would look in this direction. And when Jisoo was about to turn this side, Jinae hurriedly excused herself, saying she had a stomach ache and needed to use the toilet.

Sehun's forehead creased, and his lips curled down in concern. "Is she sick?"

"Mr. Oh?"

The boy, who was heavily worried for his friend, jerked when he felt a familiar voice calling him.

His eyes widened when he saw Jisoo. Like, was he hallucinating? How was this even possible? Did she know this place as well? So many questions floated inside his mind. Well, it was a hot spot after all. He answered himself.

"Mr. Oh. I heard someone yelling your name and when I looked, I recognized your back. So it was indeed Mr. Oh." Jisoo's lips curved into a smile.

"Is this seat taken?" pressing her lips into a thin line, she innocently pointed at the seat in front of him.

No, that seat belongs to my Jinae. He wanted to say it out loud but he held back.

Solving the puzzle of a situation he's in, he realized he should let her take the seat or Jinae would not speak with him for another week.

He looked at the girl and shook his head, and then nodded.

Jisoo was confused for a second, but she had no other choice left but to take the seat.

"T-Thank you." She muttered.

Sehun gave her an awkward smile and shrugged.

Although his current crush was sitting opposite him, he wasn't feeling a single butterfly dancing inside his stomach because deep inside, he was sad that he couldn't eat with his best friend.

 

 

After successfully sneaking away from Sehun with her excuse, Jinae scooted towards the corner of the restaurant as she spotted an empty seat; from there, she could get a clear view of Sehun and Jisoo.

The seats in Junmyeon's restaurant were arranged like this— the sides except for the restaurant's counter have the bespoke wooden booth seatings, whereas the middle part has the wooden chairs and tables.

Jinae rested her back against the wooden board and sighed. She took the glass of water from the table and took a sip. Wiping with the back of her hand, she looked up to the figure sitting opposite her. The male had a deadpanned look on his face while the girl's painted surprise. Jinae felt embarrassed. She thought no one was sitting here. She mentally slapped herself for being careless.

"H-Hi," escaped an awkward greeting from her lips.

"Am I that invisible to you?" he asked mockingly and refilled the glass in her hand with water from the jar. "And oh, I already sipped the glass," he added.

Jinae's ears were turning red. Oh, was she beyond embarrassed. Her hands were shaking in both nervousness and embarrassment when she held the glass of water in her hands. Gulping down the water in one go, she soothed her dry throat and nerves.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know you were here." Jinae said politely.

"Of course, you wouldn't notice me. Your eyes were not even here in the first place. You were acting like, you know, that one episode where Mr. Bean pretends to be a spy."

A subtle smirk crept through his lips when he saw Jinae frowning.

"Baekhyun!" she whined.

"I still can't fathom the fact you are talking with me. If the 20 year old me during our college days was here he would be so happy. Remember, whenever Sehun tried to introduce you to me, you would just ignore it or shrug it off saying you were busy? But look, now we even work in the same company yet you never talk to me."

"I just... I didn't know why I did it, okay? I was just shy or whatever. Anyways, are you a regular here?" she questioned, trying to divert the topic. The male coughed inwardly and nodded his head as he flipped the piece of meat one by one on the grill. Jinae volunteered to help him, but he refused.

"My brother owns this place. You can order some more meat, it's on the house." Jinae said casually, trying to break the awkwardness between them.

"No, thank you. I already paid and have ordered some extra meat." the male said monotonously. Jinae didn't hear Baekhyun as her eyes darted towards Sehun, who looked like a confused child when Jisoo talked to him. She smiled inside and cheered for him. She hoped he gets the girl this time and date for a long time, so he wouldn't torture her again, asking her to help him get a girl. Jinae grinned just by thinking how her days would be tranquil and silent without Sehun pestering her with his girl problems.

"Hello?" Baekhyun waved his hand at her. "Earth to Jinae!" he said. Jinae snapped back to reality when she heard Baekhyun calling her name.

"Y-Yeah?"

"What are you looking at so intently?" Baekhyun peeped in the direction she was staring at earlier. He turned around, shocked, and his eyes rounded.

"S-Sehun and Jisoo? Seriously?" he asked, really surprised as if he wanted to double-check what he just witnessed.

Jinae nodded. Her eyebrows knitted when Sehun didn't open his mouth and speak a word to Jisoo. He looked around the restaurant like he was searching for something, someone and Jinae knew it was none other than her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter