- - chapter 1 - -

its you, after all these years

italic - English

normal - Korean

---

Toronto, Canada 7:40 am

---

wendy was contented with what she has; a successful company, great friends, and especially her daughters. she was very thankful that her daughters grew up well and healthy and her friends are there for her to take care of the twins when she is busy with her company. she wouldn't change anything about her life, even if she has to wake up early and take care of the twins, even if she is very tired after work and has to clean the mess that the twins made, seeing the smile on their faces can make wendy more energetic and can cure wendy's, broken heart. wendy is very lucky to have twins, even though it's hard to raise twins, but no matter hardships that wendy has been through, she is willing to do anything just for the twins.

-

wendy woke up as early as she unexpectedly. hearing the noise in the kitchen, made wendy run as fast as she could. there she saw the twins, fighting over a fruit, "hussey~ im the one who took it first" whined Julia

" but im the younger one here" Hussey pouted as her eyes watered

" Hussey, are you crying? please don't cry, I don't mommy to be mad at me. im sorry, you can go first, please don't cry" said Julia and hugged Hussey wendy watched in awe, as the elder twin made the younger twin calm down

"twins, good morning! what you two doin?" wendy then walked to the twins that made the twins broke their hug "morning! mommy wen" Julia cheerfully said, "m-morning mom-my" Hussey hiccupped, wendy knew that Hussey cried but she wants the twins to explain to her what happened

"so... care to share on what happened?" wendy raised her eyebrow to the two and waited for them to answer

"Julia, Hussey. I don't want secrets in this house" wendy continued in a stern tone

"I didn't mean to do it, I was the one who got it first but Hussey suddenly cri---" Julia was not able to continue her words as rose, her fiancee Lisa, and the married couple: jisoo and Jennie barged in the house

"good morning shon family!"

Lisa and jisoo yelled Julia and Hussey ran into jisoo and Lisa's arms and hugged them. "aunt lisa~" Hussey shyly said and hide her head in the crook of Lisa's neck while on jisoo's side, Julia kept on pinching jisoo's cheeks, "aunt soo, can I have your chweeks?" Julia gave jisoo puppy eyes and a pout. jisoo squealed because of Julia's cuteness, " sorry, baby lia, aunt Jennie owned these cheeks already" Julia lowered her headed and pouted " but why?! aunt Jennie already has cheeks, she even has bigger ones" Julia frowned

" yah! Julia rein shon, are you saying im fat?" Jennie asked angrily but cutely, Julia shook her head

" by the way, where is your mommy wen?" rose asked curiously, Hussey pointed to the kitchen, rose went to the kitchen and saw wendy cleaning the kitchen countertop while waiting for the pancakes to be cooked " unnie, good morning" rose greeted her sister " morning sean " wendy took some plates and placed some pancakes, bacon, and egg.

she delivered the food to the dining table where all of them were seated " so, are your clothes ready?" wendy look at them as they eat

" already in the car " Jennie replied

" how about you and the twins' clothes?" rose asked

"mine is done, but the twins are not. I was swamped last night, getting our house in Korea ready, my company there, and the twins' school" wendy sighed

"it's okay, we can take care of it," jisoo said as the other three nodded

" mommy? where are we going?" Hussey asked out of curiosity " yeah, are we leaving this house?" Julia sadly asked, wendy then replied and smiled, " Nope, I just want you two to visit my hometown" wendy smiled at the twins as their eyes sparkled " really?!" both asked " yep, so go eat faster and get your things ready" looking at the twins eating as fast as they can. after eating both the twins ran to their room and packed some clothes and toys...

their whole day just went with playing with the twins, getting their luggage ready in the car, learning easy hangul, and freshening up

---

it was 8:00 pm when wendy tucked the twins to bed and read them a bedtime story, Julia was the first one to fall asleep while Hussey was just looking at her mom, Hussey then asked her mom that made wendy stop reading " mommy? do we have a dad?" wendy looked at Hussey then sighed" Hussey, baby come here" wendy gestured Hussey to sit in her lap, Hussey then went to her mom and sit at her lap "I don't think you're old enough to hear this Hussey but since you're the first one to ask, I will tell you, but not the whole story okay?"

Hussey nodded and moved to be more comfortable at her mom's lap " you two have two mothers, Hussey. she is not here though, she's in Korea" "what do you mean by two mothers, mommy?" wendy smiled at Hussey then hugged her, " its means that, you two have two mommy, we have the same gender like you and your sister Julia, we both are girls, you will call her momma or mother, not dad or daddy"

" really? then I don't have a dad?" Hussey then looked down " im, not like any other kids, they have a dad, their dad can protect them when someone bullies them" wendy looked at her, then hugged her tighter " Hussey, baby, doesn't mean that you don't have a dad, no one will protect you when someone bullies you. you have me, your twin sister, aunt rose, aunt Lisa, Aunt Jennie, and aunt soo. you have a lot of people here to be with you, so don't worry baby"

Hussey then hugged wendy back, "I love you mommy" Hussey then said "I love you too Hussey"

then wendy lay Hussey to bed and smiled " now go to sleep Hussey, tomorrow's flight will be early"

" Okay, mommy..."

wendy stands up and fixes the books they used. wendy then look at Hussey and saw her daughter still not asleep, looking like she wants to ask something but didn't say a word " Hussey, baby, is there something you wanna ask?" wendy softly asked her daughter but Hussey didn't reply so she went to the door, but stop when Hussey suddenly asked "mommy, are we gonna meet my other mom in Korea?" Hussey asked in a pleading voice " Uhm.. im not sure about that baby, but we'll try, good night Hussey" wendy then went out of the room then closed the door.

in Hussey and Julia's room there Hussey sadly looking at her room ceiling and wonder why her mommy's mood suddenly changes when she asks the question and forgot to give her a goodnight kiss. after a minute of thinking, Hussey fell asleep. 

---

wendy's room

wendy lazily went to her bed and lay down, thinking about Hussey's question made her think of the time where she and Joo-Hyun were still happy and contented in what they have. but tears then flowed in her eyes because of the memory where Joo-Hyun cheated on her, the time where she asked her self why did Joo-Hyun cheated on her, why would she do things like that, was she not enough, why out of people in the world why would she the one to get hurt. wendy cried her heart out until she fell asleep with a heavy heart. 

-----------------

Seoul, South Korea

around 10 am 

---

penthouse somewhere in Seoul

Joo-Hyun woke up around 10 in the morning. she then arranges her bed and went to the bathroom, wash her hair, brushes her teeth, then went to her closet to change clothes for her meeting with joy and other workers of their company. 

walking around the hallway, Joo-Hyun then remembers seungwan, all the photos of the two of them hanging on the wall. Joo-Hyun went to her main door and took her car keys, ready to go to work. 

--- the velvet building ---

 After about an hour of driving Joo-Hyun or known as Irene arrives in the company building, she parked her car and went out. upon entering the building, all the employees bow to her and greeted good morning, Irene only responded with a simple morning. as she was about to reach her office she passed by joy's (and seulgi's) office, saw it was empty, she went to joy's secretary or joy's best friend to be exact, oh hayoung (apink)

irene then asked why joy isn't here yet when the meeting is about to start. hayoung then told irene that joy told her yesterday that she will be late for the meeting, Irene asked why, when out of a sudden, hayoung phone started to ring, and it was joy, Irene told her to not answer the phone because she will be the one to call her. irene thanked hayoung and told her to go back to what she's doing

irene went to her office and sat at her desk chair. she then took her phone and dialed joy's number, it took 4 rings before joy answer

" yah! Kang Sooyoung, where are you? the meeting is about to start in a few minutes" 

" unnie, I'm really sorry if I'm gonna be late for today's meeting. yeji won't let me go, she keeps crying. even seulgi tried to get her so that I can go to work. she wants to come with me unnie~" joy whined, hearing at the other line, she heard yeji crying so she just sighed 

" okay, just don't be too late, you can bring yeji, but please I don't want some kid while we're in the meeting, okay?" 

" okay unnie "

" Sooyoung-ah can I talk to yeji first?" 

" okay unnie "  ( " Jiji! baby! come here, aunt hyunnie wants to talk to you" ) 

"annyeonghaseyo, morning imo" yeji hiccuped 

" hi,jiji! how are you?"

" I'm fine imo" 

" Jiji, can you tell imo why did you cry and you don't want your momma to go to work?" 

" *started to cry* I d-dreamed something b-bad imo, I-i saw an m-man g-getting omma *cries even harder* I d-don't want-t to lose omma imo" 

" dont cry now jiji. do you want to come here in the office and play with your youngie imo while me and your omma will have our meeting?"

"imo?! you will allow me?"

" Yeah, why not?. go get ready now jiji~!"

" yey! thank you imo!" (" omma! imo allowed me to go to your office and play with youngie imo!" *running sound* " Jiji, run slowly!" " ne, omma") 

" unnie still there?"

"yep still here" " now go get yeji ready, and be fast, please be safe as you go here. bye!" 

"bye! and thank you unnie"  " always welcome Sooyoung-ah. now go!" 

Irene then pressed the end button and went out to her office and go to the meeting room. all the people inside the room stood up and bow. irene sat on one of the chairs 

" The meeting will be postponed in a few minutes or an hour I guess. we will wait until joy will be here" irene told the employees and they all nod

 

after about an hour or so, joy arrives with yeji and seulgi, as yeji saw irene, she ran in her direction and hugged Irene " hello hyunnie imo" 

" hi, Jiji" irene then hugged yeji back. " Jiji, omma, and imo will be having a meeting, come here, let's go, youngie imo is waiting for you. you two will be playing now" seulgi told her daughter. yeji then wave to everyone goodbye before kissing her omma's cheeks then went to her mamma that is waiting for her  " bye omma" " bye babe, see you later" yeji and seulgi then went somewhere

" okay lets now start" 

----------------------------------------------------

 

to be continued > 

-------

hi, @wenlovesrene here. im really really sorry for not updating last week, I know that I told you guys that I will update. but something happened that I can't focus much on writing and this school year is stressing me so much, I have a lot of modules to do. I hope you guys would understand. I was about to update on Sunday but my laptop suddenly turned off, I don't know why, that all my modules and ideas for this story to are gone, I literally cried that day. and about the other story I will try to double update this week, especially this one, because I've posted this story for 3 weeks already, I guess, and I didn't upload that much, which makes me sad.I really hope you guys understand my side...

thank you for reading this chapter, enjoy!! <33

please upvote :)) 

that's all thank you 

- wenlovesrene <3