Chapter 13

Reckless

A little while after 7 a.m. on Monday morning, Jungkook was startled out of his sleep by a loud sound of something heavy dropping outside. He looked around just to check if something had happened inside the room, but since it was clear the sound had come from outside and Taehyung was still sleeping, Jungkook went to the bathroom and, later, went to the larger part of the terrace.

There he saw that Namjoon and one of the owners of the guest house were fixing the wooden rocker because, apparently, the chain holding up the bench-like part of the rocker had somehow come out of the wood when another visitor sat on it, making the left side of that bench-like part fall and making that loud thud that woke Jungkook up. So Jungkook went over there to help and, after they were done, he went with Namjoon to a table that was full of food.

J: “What is all of this?”

N: “Fresh goat cheese, smoked pig fat, matured onions and other veggies, bread backed this morning, pancakes with cranberry jam and garden grapes.”

J: “Yeah, what I meant was – Where did all of this food come from?”

N: “I went to say hi to some of the locals that I know here and they gave me these. When me and Jin go shopping in the other towns, we often also bring back things some people here need or want, especially the older ones who don’t drive or don’t have a car. So we sometimes get great food like this.”

J: “Just how many people here are up and about at this early hour?”

N: “Everybody.” Namjoon said, laughing wholeheartedly before one of the owners of the guest house brought them 4 freshly made coffees for their help with the rocker and Namjoon thanked him.

J: “Well, should we start eating?”

N: “You can start if you want. I like eating together with Jin so I always wait for him to wake up first.”

Jungkook wondered if that was typically something people in love did, if there was some unwritten social rule that would make it offensive if he didn’t also wait for Taehyung and wondered why he was wasting time on such thoughts when he was hungry and wanted to eat. He lit up a cigarette and alternated smoking it with chewing on small pieces of bread to keep his hunger in check.

N: “Hey, Taehyung! Where’re you going?” Namjoon shouted when he saw Taehyung almost leaving the terrace with his eyes more than half closed and in a very dazed state.

T: “To get coffee and breakfast for me and Jungkook… Wait… How come you’re here?”

N: “We spent the night. And we already have breakfast and coffee for everyone, so come sit down.”

Just as Taehyung was sitting down next to Jungkook, Seokjin also came out of the hallway, yawning and mentally calculating how much time he still had left before he had to be in front of his laptop and start work. After he sat next to Namjoon and placed the plates and utensils he had gotten from the guest house’s kitchen on the table, they started eating and the big, healthy and rustic breakfast made them feel very much alive again.

When they were done, Jungkook took away the trash and Taehyung took the dishes to the kitchen to wash them and leave them there to dry while Seokjin and Namjoon went to take quick showers and get ready in Taehyung’s and Jungkook’s rooms. The other 2 skipped the shower, since they could take one any day they wanted, and got ready to go to the hut. Seokjin drove them there, then went straight to work.

Namjoon said he needed to take things he had brought back from the road trips to some of his neighbors on that mountain top and, since it was clear to everybody he would stay and chat with each one of them for a good while, everyone expected him to be back only in the afternoon and bring a lot of food, among other things, with him.

After Taehyung fed the 3 dogs that had come to hang out again and Jungkook came back from getting water from the spring for the container on the tree, they were left with nothing to do, so they tried their hand at chopping wood. That didn’t go as well as they hoped, but at least neither of them got injured. Then they both thought about creating some kind of space where Namjoon and Seokjin could keep their wood dry on rainy days and they debated what possibilities they had with the materials and tools they could see around them.

Eventually they decided on building a structure like a circular well out of the small boulders around them and placing a large sheet of nylon inside of it. The sheets of nylon they found had holes and rips in them, so they covered those up before they placed one sheet in the circular structure with a boulder placed in the middle at the bottom of the structure and other boulders on the edges of the structure to keep the nylon sheet in place. They placed another sheet of nylon to cover the structure that was now shielding most of the wood that had been lying around and fixed it with 3 boulders. The structure made this sheet stay diagonal, so that rain water wouldn’t gather on it, but pour down the slope.

Despite working well together and having good ideas along the way, neither Jungkook nor Taehyung expected what they had made to look so ugly and amateurish and they expected it even less to look at the time and see that it wasn’t even noon yet.

While you’re on vacation on a mountain top, with not much to stimulate or distract you aside from nature, the few people around you or the kind of projects you undertake, time passes by differently.

So Jungkook and Taehyung went and sat on the ground and just watched the cows grazing as Jungkook smoked a cigarette and they both drank the raspberry syrup with mineral water Seokjin made for them.

J: “Jin had no reaction when he saw the finished project…”

T: “Yes, he did. But it all happened inside his head.”

J: “What happened inside his head?”

T: “What the hell… Ah, whatever. Joon’ll deal with this when he gets back.” Taehyung imitated what he thought had been Seokjin’s thoughts and made Jungkook laugh.

They stood in silence for a bit, then looked at each other. Jungkook’s hand went to the back of Taehyung’s head and they got close enough to start kissing. It was a slow kiss, but it felt really . Especially when the tips of Jungkook’s fingers pressed on Taehyung’s neck where his teeth had left marks not that long ago. The action made Taehyung’s breathing alter and his hand squeeze Jungkook’s right thigh, so the latter ventured and asked:

J: “Hey. Tonight, after getting back to the guest house… do you want to…”

T: “Yes.”

Their intense gazes held each other for a moment and their mouths reconnected, loaded with lust.

Then they were startled by Namjoon laughing loudly, wholeheartedly and without being able to stop, like someone had told him the best joke ever. When they turned to him, they saw that he was looking and laughing at the structure Taehyung and Jungkook had made for keeping the wood dry.

N: “This is great! Good job, guys, and thank you!”

Namjoon showed a thumbs-up and still couldn’t stop laughing. He wasn’t mocking them, he was just so taken aback by what Jungkook and Taehyung thought would be a good idea for keeping the wood dry. Out of respect for their initiative and effort, Namjoon promised to think about finding a way to make that structure usable. But, as it was, the next heavy storm was likely to take half of it downhill.

It was overwhelming how many things you had to take into consideration when the ground was diagonal, made of earth, and the weather was very capricious. For the structure Jungkook and Taehyung intended to build, Namjoon said it would’ve had more chances of lasting if they had used big and heavy boulders, at least halfway buried in the earth, as the base and cemented the other boulders as they were placed on top of the previous ones.

But Namjoon also explained that he had intended on building a structure for keeping the wood dry on one of the hut’s walls because, then, the layer of wood would provide extra insulation during the colder months and it also might make the hut a bit more stable. So Jungkook and Taehyung agreed that Namjoon could just tear down their amateurish structure and go with his original plan.

As expected, Namjoon had brought back food from the neighbors, so Seokjin didn’t have to invest much time or effort into making lunch. As they ate, Namjoon told Jungkook and Taehyung that, if they really wanted to help him build a space for keeping the wood dry, they could make that their plan for a few hours on each of the following days and they could get started that afternoon. They both said they wanted to, both in order to help Namjoon and in order to learn more things, so they got started 30 minutes after they finished lunch.

With the amount of instructions Namjoon had to constantly give them, Jungkook and Taehyung felt like children that haven’t even mastered using a fork yet. With the amount of preparation and manual labor that went into every little part of the process, Jungkook and Taehyung finally understood why Namjoon said it would take them a few days till they finished.

Later on, after a campfire had started, Namjoon showed everyone how they could hold pieces of the smoked pig fat he had received earlier that day on sticks over the open flames and then hold them over a piece of bread to let the fat drip on it. This, coupled with slices of red onion and some paprika, made for a delicious rustic meal. He told them a bunch of other things and Taehyung and Jungkook thought that, if they constantly spent time with Namjoon like that, they might end up calling him “big brother” or “Mr. Kim”.

Taehyung and Jungkook refused Seokjin’s offer of driving them back to the guest house that night, since they apparently wanted to descend the mountain on foot even if it would take longer, so everybody was drinking beers after their dinner and Namjoon was just casually opening beer bottles with a lighter.

The walk back to the guest house turned out to not be anywhere near relaxing or romantic, even if they held hands on the way. They constantly had to keep the flashlight function of their phones on and watch where they stepped. It was insufferably quiet and dark, except from when dogs would start barking at them, startling them at the very least, or following after them with unclear intentions. Whenever they would come across a person as they were doing something in the yard of their house, they immediately had to let go of each other’s hand and, sometimes, even stop to answer questions.

Then, on top of everything else, some rain started falling and they decided to run. Not properly looking where he was going, with all that darkness and so many turns, Jungkook ran into a small fence and nearly fell over it onto the slope if Taehyung hadn’t pulled him back on time.

When they finally reached inside the hallway of their guest house, they were out of breath, but they decided to smile at each other.

J: “So… are you coming to my room after a shower?”

T: “Yeah. See you soon.”

However, while taking a hot shower, the heat made all the accumulated tiredness surface, their bodies ache and their energy levels drop considerably. Taehyung didn’t know how Jungkook would react if he postponed what they had planned to do that night out of tiredness, but he still knocked on Jungkook’s door and attempted making his case:

T: “Hey, uhm…”

J: “Yes, I feel the exact same way. Come in and let’s just sleep tonight.”

After getting in bed, they wrapped their arms around each other, exchanged a brief kiss and, the very next second, they were out cold.

On Tuesday morning, they were both startled from their sleep by someone tripping on the stairs outside and making a loud noise. Jungkook was wondering if this was going to become a pattern for his mornings but, since the first thing he saw after opening his eyes was Taehyung’s face, it wasn’t so bad. Taehyung brought up a hand to caress Jungkook’s cheek and everything was still and quiet until Jungkook breathed in sharply and practically jumped on Taehyung.

The kissing was messy, the clothes were removed with clumsy and fast movements, the touching however was hot and intense. Then, suddenly, Jungkook stopped and hovered over Taehyung as they were breathing heavily. He cupped the side of Taehyung’s face with one hand and it looked like he gulped, which almost stopped Taehyung’s breathing and almost made him declare something he wasn’t ready to declare. Instead, he said:

T: “So… you said at one point that you have lube in your room?”

Jungkook jumped out of bed and frantically searched for it before jumping back to his original position and holding up the lube like he was advertising it and the he held in the same hand.

J: “Lube, check. , check.”

T: “Cool.” Taehyung answered, wrapping his arms around Jungkook’s neck and pulling him back down.

Jungkook could multitask well in situations like these, so as he was kissing Taehyung he opened the lube, poured some on his right hand, got them into a better position for what followed and inserted the first finger. He stopped to check Taehyung’s reaction and he saw that he had frozen with his eyes wide open.

T: “Aha… So that’s what this feels like…”

J: “Never did this before, huh?”

T: “I never before did A LOT of what I did during this trip so, in that sense, I am properly prepared for whatever follows.”

J: “I’ll be gentle. But, just for clarification, this isn’t gonna be all of what the Jungkook experience can offer.”

T: “Oh, wow… So this is a teaser?”

J: “More like a sample.”

T: “What’s the difference?”

J: “I… Hey, do you wanna debate that or get back to the more fun things?”

Instead of answering, Taehyung just started kissing Jungkook again. But it was hard to keep focusing on that with one of Jungkook’s hands working on his and 2 fingers of his other hand working on another part of him. Taehyung expected discomfort, but he didn’t expect there to be a very pleasant side to that discomfort and it was hard dealing with those conflicting sensations.

After 3 fingers left a certain part of his body, Taehyung saw Jungkook open the pack with his teeth, stretch the over his and cover it with lube while asking:

J: “You ready?”

At that, Taehyung covered his eyes and started laughing similarly to his maniacal laughter from Sunday.

T: “No. Not at all actually… But…” he started again, taking his hand from over his eyes and looking at Jungkook. “I do want this a lot, so…”

Jungkook smiled and kissed Taehyung gently as he pushed himself inside. As the kissing picked up, he started ing and that was unlike anything Taehyung had ever experienced before. Luckily the bed was sturdy and the curtain was drawn, but that couldn’t help with how loudly Taehyung felt his breaths coming out of him and how those breaths made Jungkook go faster. In that situation, when Jungkook bit Taehyung’s neck, out of some weird instinct, Taehyung also sunk his teeth with force into Jungkook’s shoulder. Judging by the groan that came out of Jungkook’s throat, he liked that.

The was approaching and, when it hit, it hit hard enough to affect their level of consciousness. There was a bit more ing before Jungkook pulled out, took off the , knotted it and threw it in the trash, then went back down to hug Taehyung who did the same and they just breathed heavily in each other’s arms for a couple of minutes.

J: “Oh! I have something more in my room.” Jungkook suddenly declared, getting up and searching for a tube of some cream which he then presented to Taehyung like he was advertising this too.

T: “What’s that?”

J: “Ibuprofen cream. It’ll help reduce swelling and pain. Lie back down.”

As Jungkook applied the cream on the sorest area on Taehyung’s body at that moment, the latter said:

T: “Somehow… this feels way weirder and more embarrassing than the first time a finger went in…”

J: “Cause we’re not caught up in the moment and I guess it’s awkward, but it’s better to do this.”

T: “Yeah… Wanna stay in bed a little longer before taking a shower?”

Jungkook smiled and laid next to Taehyung after kissing him. Taehyung kissed Jungkook on the forehead again and all that forehead kissing was really starting to make Jungkook question life.

 

A.N. There was a campfire in this chapter and it was hotter than other chapters, so here's a photo of a campfire. :)