Final

Lazy Saturday afternoon

It was a lazy Saturday afternoon. Kids go out to play, adults stay in to rest. It was the perfect time to relax and unwind after a week's work. But not Sakura.

Still wearing work clothes she has slept on, Sakura rushed to the nearest convenience store to buy some food. She woke up a little too late than she intended to, and now she needed to prepare herself for less than an hour before going to the airport. Sakura was a staff of a documentary show, and she was tasked to investigate overseas. She was originally just a writer, but due to lack of manpower was forced to research in detail at the said place. And she just heard about it yesterday, hence the staying up late for researching beforehand and gathering other things. 

Arriving at the convenience store, she hurriedly headed straight to where cereals were. Sakura has this strange belief that whatever the time may be, once you wake up, cereals must be your first meal. And so, she must fulfill this every damn time, even if she's running late for anything. Her eyes instantly locked on her favorite box of chocolate cereal, her arms ready to reach out to it when it suddenly vanished from her sight and was now in the hands of a stranger. An annoyingly pretty stranger with short black hair and small pretty face that makes one look at her twice. 

"Excuse me, miss. I believe I had my eyes on it first," Sakura started, using her most professional tone, a tone she only used when trying to impose her authority. "May I have it?"

The stranger only scoffed and rolled her eyes at Sakura. "You had your eyes on it but I got it first."

Sakura was tired to deal with the annoying pretty stranger so she decided to let it go and just stared at the stranger's (absolutely gorgeous) side profile not until she heard her mutter something about being ridiculous with I-had-my-eyes-on-it-first. In a snap, Sakura was holding the (beautiful) stranger's arms and made her face her way. The stranger was taken aback and it shows through her cute shocked reaction, showing a cute 'o' letting out a gasp. 

"Okay, miss. You're really beautiful but that was so rude of you when I was just simply and humbly asking you. I'd just let it go if only you didn't mock how gentle I addressed a really pretty stranger like you. I mean, ugh! This is so frustrating, I need to a catch a flight later but all I want first is this cereal and, and I want to ask you out but I can't! Argh, you're so annoyingly cute, please, just, I need my cereal."

Perhaps it was her tiredness that made her burst out like that, accidentally confessing her attraction for a total stranger. But the moment she realized the things she had said, her eyes went wide and her cheeks went red. She badly wanted to be swallowed by the floor or be taken away hy a flock of birds, anything to get her away from this embarrassing situation. However, she didn't realize that the stranger was the same flustered mess as she was.  After some awkward seconds, the stranger broke into a shy laugh.

"You think I'm really pretty?" the stranger asked shyly and Sakura willed herself to look in her eyes not to look rude after that rambling. And my god, her knees went weak as her eyes meet the stranger's soft gaze, boring into her soul. It was as if Sakura saw a whole new world in the beauty of this stranger's eyes. It was bewitching. 

Sakura managed to nod, still not taking her eyes off this beautiful stranger. She knew that time was ticking and she probably won't have her ceremonious cereal for the day but Sakura was ready to throw everything out of the window just to spend one more minute bathing in the mesmerizing gaze of the ridiculously gorgeous stranger. She was probably even drooling at this point but she doesn't care. She was staring at a masterpiece and she was carefully memorizing every angle of her. 

And as if given by the gods with extraordinary power, Sakura managed to say something a little out of her usual self. 

"What's your name, pretty stranger?" Sakura blurted out. And hearing it now, it sounded pretty much dumb unlike what she thought. She facepalmed internally. But it made the lady blush even more.

"I'm Chaewon," the lady replied, and was hesitating to say more. She broke away from their stare, much to Sakura's dismay, but what Chaewon said sent Sakura over to the moon. "And my apartment is just across the street, so if you don't mind us sharing this cereal before you go catch your flight-"

"Yes! C'mon, let's get going now! I'm really running out of time and by the way I'm Sakura!"

Sakura exclaimed, dragging Chaewon gently out of the store, both having big dumb smiles on their faces, not minding the cashier's shouts. 

"Hey, you haven't paid for that!"

Being the good citizen she was, Sakura quickly went back and paid the cashier, not even taking her change. She walked out to see Chaewon waiting for her, her hand stretched out for Sakura to hold, her other hand clutching tightly the box of cereal. 

"You're not a 'cereal' killer, are you, Chaewon?" Sakura managed to drop a joke which seemed funny enough (for her). 

"I'm not. And even if I am, I won't pay attention to you because I had my eyes on this cereal first," Chaewon retorted with a smirk. Sakura only narrowed her eyes at her but tightened her hold on her hands. 

Chaewon squeezed her hands as a response, her gaze soft as it landed on Sakura's eyes, which was already staring at her. 

It was a lazy Saturday afternoon for everyone but Sakura. Well, she was going to have an afternoon cereal date with a pretty stranger she just met on a convenience store, after all.