it is what it is

Who Does What

couple selfies

Seungwan may like taking pictures but Joohyun has always been the more sentimental one. She'd take photos of the sky, rarely missing a sunset, and a few random things she finds funny.

These days, though, she'd found herself more fascinated than usual with Son Seungwan.

"Let's take a photo of your pretty face," Joohyun would shamelessly exclaim and not five seconds later, her gallery will be filled of blurry shots of Seungwan trying her best to avoid the camera.

"This one's cute," she'd say as she scrolls through them later, picking one where Seungwan is at least recognizable.

"No it's not," Seungwan would then disagree with a whine.

It happens just as always does: Joohyun would smile her playful smile before taking Seungwan in a half embrace, steadily aiming the camera at them both.

"You always looked cuter in my arms anyway."

::


kills the bugs

Seungwan has not stopped complaining about that one time Joohyun locked her inside their bedroom with a cockroach.

"You're being dramatic," Joohyun says as she places a small kiss on her girlfriend's hair while passing her by on the sofa.

"I was scared too, Hyun!"

"But you killed it anyway."

Seungwan huffs and crosses her arms. She remembers having a slipper and a bug spray on both hands, pep talking herself into being brave because, well, she doesn't really have a choice.

Then the stupid thing starts flying and Seungwan just throws both items at the thing and she just about screams death.

In the end, the roach dies when Seungwan accidentally steps on it in a panic.

"It was still so uncool," she mumbles.

Joohyun settles on the space next to her comfortably, not at all mindful of Seungwan being pouty.

"Sorry, babe," she says, snuggling her way into Seungwan's arms.

With a sigh, Seungwan welcomes her warmth and pulls her in. She could never stay mad at Joohyun anyway. Joohyun finds her place on Seungwan's chest, ears pressed over calmly beating heart.

It's a peaceful night. Seungwan's soft hums almost feels like a lullaby as she gently pats the small of Joohyun's back.

Then her eyes catches a small movement in her periphery. 

"Umm... Hyun?"

"Yeah," Joohyun soflty responds.

"There's a spider on the table."

"A what?"

Seungwan suddenly squirms away and stands up, running towards their bedroom with a shout.

"It's your turn now!"

::

cooks the meals

Joohyun makes breakfasts because Seungwan is the type to sleep in. She might be a busybody but she's not really a morning person.

They eat at the table. Joohyun has this thing about not wanting the sheets to smell like a restaurant so she usually goes to wake Seungwan up to eat.

"This is really good, unnie."

Seungwan would begin to eat the meal heartily as her brain slowly wakes up, mouth complimenting Joohyun when she's not too busy chewing. It's something she should be used to but it still feels nice to hear.

Dinners are usually Seungwan's thing. When she's in the mood, and Joohyun thanks the universe it doesn't happen too often, Seungwan makes a show of it.

The whole thing could sometimes take all day to prepare, Seungwan cutting and frying and steaming nonstop. The whole house would smell like spices and Joohyun would rush to open the windows to air the houe out in the process.

It always ended up well, though. The recipes Seungwan tries out would taste great and Joohyun would always tell her so.

"You know what else tastes great?" Seungwan would smirk, eyes full of mirth that has the skin on Joohyun's neck tingling.

"Finish that sentence and you never will taste it again," Joohyun would immediately quip back.

Seungwan only laughs and steals a kiss anyway, saying something about sauce on the side of Joohyun's mouth as a less than believable excuse.

::

does the dishes

Seungwan would always volunteer and Joohyun would never stop being distracting.

"It's cold," Joohyun complains. Her arms then sneaks around Seungwan's waist, chin finding purchase on strong shoulders as she presses their bodies closer.

"Put on a sweater then," Seungwan playfully snaps back.

Joohyun would then whine and pout and cling until Seungwan's laughing too hard to rinse off the soap suds on their plates.

"You're impossible," she'd say as they taper off to a giggle. Her girlfriend would then just answer with a small kiss on the junction of her shoulder and neck.

The peace wouldn't last long, of course.

For someone whose face is the epitome of innocence, Joohyun has quite the adventurous pair of hands.

It starts small, just random little tugs on Seungwan's shirt as she quietly hums a song, swaying them both gently. Then it starts seeking warmth, crawling under her girlfriend's shirt, something they will both giggle about because Seungwan finds it ticklish and Joohyun likes the sound of Seungwan's voice.

She still gets caught before she could trail all the way down, though. Seungwan wiggling just enough to get her head off her shoulder.

"Hyun, I'm trying to do the dishes."

"And I'm trying to do you."

The dishes doesn't get done that night but somebody else definitely does.

::

nicknames

"The best woman in this generation Bae Joohyun-ssi!"

They're in the middle of grocery shopping and Joohyun doesn't understand how her heart feels so light when she should be mortified of how much attention her girlfriend is attracting with her shameless mouth.

She only offered to pay for ice cream and now Seungwan won't shut up about it.

"Babe, please stop,"because Joohyun's face is about to combust and she really didn't need to know how whipped she is over sunshine smiles and fluffy cheeks.

Seungwan comes back with a handful of ice cream and arranges then into the cart.

"Wan?" Joohyun asks, picking up one of the tubs and showing it to her. "There's mint choco here."

"I know," Seungwan shrugs.

"Babe, you hate this flavor."

"Yeah but Joy and Yerim loves it. Gotta be ready when they come over, Hyun."

It's little things like this that has Joohyun's heart falling on it's knees again, beating with all the adoration it can give for Son Seungwan. And if she walks closer to place a kiss on pliant mouth, well, you can't really hold that against her.

"What was that for?" Seungwan asks, surprisingly breathless over a short peck.

"For being you."

Seungwan would look at her as if she doesn't understand and Joohyun would tug her close, pulling her along as they continue to shop.