1/1

Perfect

They're known to be the best. Gods of the East. DBSK. 동방신기. The ideal idol group that everyone likes and wants to be. But what others don't know is that without each other, they are incomplete.

It's in the way Jaejoong fusses over them, endlessly worrying and filling the apartment with the smell of his delicious cooking. It's how he listens to Yunho lay down his burdens. How he makes sure Yoochun isn't brooding too long by himself. How he makes sure that Junsu doesn't worry too much about his visuals or his voice. It's in the way he scolds Changmin for eating too much, all while making more food for him when the maknae begs for more. Jaejoong is the one who comforts them whenever they need it. The one who will sneak out the dorm to buy whatever they need. Without Jaejoong, they would all be lost in the routines of their day, and that is what allows Jaejoong to complete the puzzle.

Yunho is the leader. Despite their complaints, everyone looks up to him a lot. It's in the way he shares the burden of being the eldest with Jaejoong. How he listens to all of Yoochun's songs. How he cuddles with Junsu after a long day. It's how he squabbles with Changmin all day but still loves him the same, even if the younger refuses to call him hyung. It's the way Yunho is their pillar. Their rock, their foundation, as he leads them daily. These traits make them incomplete without him.

Yoochun can be misunderstood a lot, but he doesn't mind nor do s cause they all know he cares. It's in the way he silently helps Jaejoong in the kitchen. Or offers his input into some of Yunho's ideas in order to protect the group's condition. It's the way he allows himself to be Junsu's best friend or how he cuddles with Changmin despite the latter's complaints. Therefore it doesn't matter to Yoochun what the world thinks of him as long as he is needed by s.

Junsu. Oh Junsu. Their fake maknae he supposes. He may be literally living a sit com, but that is what helps make their team complete. It's the way he makes Jaejoong laugh and coo over him. It's shown through him easing Yunho and helping him be more relaxed. It's how he can get even poker-faced Yoochun to crack a smile. It's how he always plays video games with Changmin, even though he knows he will always lose to him. It's the way his special laugh bubbles through the air that doesn't let any of them fall into depression that makes him a necessity.

Lastly, Changmin. The maknae. Their evil maknae. The hyungs suppose it is their fault for making Changmin this way, always giving into his demands. But that is what completes their quintet. It's in the way he still runs to Jaejoong, sobbing after another one of his mishaps, yet calling him short and whining for food soon after. It's in the way he clings on to Yunho, rambling about his day. It's how he'll steal all of Yoochun's compositions before recording and giving them back. It's in how he'll mercilessly tease Junsu all day long, yet still seeking solace in him when he needs someone to be with. His brattiness is what drives s insane, but solemn without.

Together, they complete each other. Filling in each other's weaknesses, picking each other up, and waiting for the other to catch up. They create balance within each other, a bond that can not be easily destroyed. Without one, they are lost. But altogether, they are completed. Whole. Perfect.