Fin.

Dance under the Moonlight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Bright lights and a huge ballroom filled with people of high class greeted Sakura as she bowed as thanks for the staff when he opened the door for her. This was a sight to see and to be appreciated, more so when the celebrant was the only daughter of the great Noble House of Kim. Sakura tilted her face to search the whole place to find a certain face in the crowd, but alas she received none. She only moved her gaze to fix her rather neat feminine suit that hugged her lean figure and started to move towards the crowd to greet her fellow noblemen. You see, Sakura was announced as the Heiress of the Noble House of Miyawaki and was the only successor. But then two years ago her parents dawned a demise that left Sakura the sole living noble that shoulders the whole House and all the responsibilities that were tied upon. 

 

Since then, Sakura became the Head of the House, wore the pride and confidence her father once held, claimed the title of Lady Miyawaki once she hit her 18th year of her age and stood proud against those who belittle her for a child and those who remained their support to her and to her House. But Sakura was only a woman and many a nobles, those who still believed in traditions, wanted Sakura to marry a man to rule her House and all that were tied to it. Sakura was against it, she nearly waged a war with the other nobles that voted aye with the marriage with when the Head of the House of Kim offered his opinion and respect towards the youngest Head of House. Kim Heechul offered a way out for Sakura and she swiftly accepted the lending of help with a strong handshake that further symbolized their deal. Kim Heechul was her father’s best friend, and Kim Heechul stated that before her father died alongside her mother, the two Houses long agreed to a pact of marriage of their children. 

 

But their children were only daughters, they did not offer it yet in public but with the news of the passing of the Head of Miyawaki and his wife, it is deemed appropriate. Kim Heechul even produced a document of the pact that they made almost twenty years ago, Sakura couldn’t believe her eyes. Only the traditional nobles pushed for marriage with a male, but their society has long accepted marriages with the same , as there are magical solution to produce an heir if it comes to it. Sakura was pushed to an edge and she chose Kim Heechul’s help than marrying a man, someone she doesn’t even know. She accepted the marrige proposal, the marriage pact that was made by her parents, and accepted the betrothal so long as she could save her House. Furthermore, she already knew who her betrothed was.

 

Sakura walked in the middle of the dance floor and stared eye to eye with someone before flashing her a brilliant smile. The girl in her lovely gown moved towards Sakura as they met each other in the center with lots of people watching their every move. 

 

“You absolutely outdid yourself tonight, my dear fiancée,” Sakura whispered onto her betrothed’s ear as she gaze deeply on the bright eyes of her partner. She pulled her hand to place a soft kiss on her knuckles, her stare stood unwavering while Minjoo maintained and stared lovingly even more. “You’re so so beautiful tonight, Min.”

 

“And you look the most dashing, my Saku,” Minjoo whispered onto the older’s ear, giggling when the said ear reddened.

 

“Happy 18th birthday, my love,” Sakura said, resting her cheek towards Minjoo’s forehead, her eyes were busily surveying the dance floor but she still can’t see a certain person. Minjoo remained silent as she was basking on the warmth that Sakura gave her. Her eyes’s twinkled when she remembered the incoming days of them.

 

“Not long from now, we will be married at last.”

 

Sakura swallowed the lump that suddenly got in . Her heart dropped at the sudden burst of reality as she held into Minjoo tighter, she didn’t know whether it’s because of the sudden sweating of her hands or her mind that sinfully wished for the opposite. Sakura focused on dancing a little bit better for Minjoo, she has to shower her fiancée with the outmost of affection tonight as it was her big day. As they were dancing at the middle of the dance floor, her eyes finally caught sight of another and felt her heart broke in two.

 

There she was. All glorious and gorgeous in her midnight scarlet dress. Her short raven hair shined when light bounced off of it. Her stance was confidence, someone from the elite like most people in the huge party, and Sakura was dying to take her in her arms, but she was holding the arm of anothe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter