- end -

Eleven hours, one minute and twenty seconds.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunbi's phone alarm started blaring as soon as it hit 7 o'clock. She hit the snooze button and covered herself back with her purple blanket. Not long after, the room was filled with the same annoying sound from earlier. She shove herself upright and scowled down at her phone with bleary eyes. Eunbi gave up and swiped her finger across the screen for the dismiss button.

The numbers on Eunbi's wrist count down in steady beats. It's a little more than a day left until she finally meets her soulmate. She's been waiting for the day to arrive since she turned 15. Every day, she imagined how she would meet her soulmate. She wondered how they would look like, would they be tall and blonde or would they be short and pretty. Ever since she got the timer ticking, she observed everyone she met and crossed paths with. She had no luck then on finding her soulmate. She was quite a dreamer when she was still in high school.

Eunbi opened the sliding door in her room. The fresh morning air drifted inside her cosy apartment located in the heart of Seoul. She smiled and the TV and watched the morning news. Aside from the small and bearable traffic build up, nothing seems worrying so Eunbi decided to take her routine a little slower this morning. She swiftly hopped in the showers and prepared for work. She wore a plain white shirt paired with a pink cardigan and jeans. With her high heels eventually on her feet, Eunbi turned off her TV and left her unit.

Eunbi's heels clacked against the gray marble floor as she walked out of her apartment building. The subway station isn't far and the streets are surprisingly not as busy as the other days. She checked her phone and read messages from her friends. Eunbi reached the stop light near the station. She joined the small crowd that has gathered at the roadside waiting for the light to turn red.


Eunbi's finally inside the train. She shuffled down the narrow aisle and stood close to the exit door, her stop is just three stations away so she didn't go for an empty seat. Eunbi held on to the hand rail once the train started moving. Her cardigan sleeve slid down her arm, leaving her wrist visible. The numbers are still ticking down steadily.

At the next stop, a nervous looking young lady stepped on the train. She quickly took a vacant seat and looked out the window. The lady who looks like she's still in her early 20's tries to subtly look at her wrist. She's probably meeting her soulmate soon, Eunbi thought. She watched the young woman focus on the timer on her wrist.

They're reaching another station in less than a minute.

Three.

The young woman frantically searches for someone as the train door opened.

Two.

A group of people entered the train.

One.

Another young lady with short hair took the vacant seat beside the panicking woman. The new passenger has a small pin on her chest with her name on it, Kim Chaewon. The young woman from earlier was frozen on her seat. Chaewon took off her headphones and looked beside her. Their eyes met. They've found each other.

Eunbi's heart swelled before she focused on her journey once again and stepped off of the train once her stop came along three minutes later.


Eunbi entered a high rise building, seven minutes away from the station. Her office is located on t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter