Final

It Didn't Matter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It didn’t matter to her.

When I was always moody, and treated her badly.

 

“Byul! Get off of me!” I tried my best to get her off my lap. “Your head is so heavy, and it’s too hot to be this close to anyone.”

 

The scorching summer heat wasn’t making things better. Byul still lounged lazily on my lap while holding and eating a potato chip. I swear this woman is going to die of aspiration.

 

“Stop being such a whiny baby, unnie.” She rolled her eyes at me. “You’re the one who’s wearing sweatpants on a hot, summer day.”

 

I raised my eyebrows at her. “Don’t get started on what I’m wearing, Byul. You’re wearing longsleeves.”

 

“But I’m not complaining about the hot weather.”

 

“Aish.”

 

 

 

 

It didn’t matter.

Even when she had to do a lot of things for me.

 

“Do you want me to pick you up after the interview?” she asked.

 

“Aren’t you busy?” I asked back. “And don’t you have your own home?”

 

It was the fourth day she had breakfast, and lunch in my house. She’s still probably here for dinner later if she’s planning on picking me up, and she would probably sleep here, too. I heard her chuckle while I pick my outfit of the day. She was lying on my bed, and scrolling through her phone.

 

“I’m not busy today, and it’s boring in my house.” She answers. “Seulgi won’t be home until next, next week. I don’t like being alone. Plus, I’m happier when I’m with you.”

 

Badump.

Badump.

Badump. Badump. Badump. Badump. Badump. Badump. Badump. Badump. Badump. Badump. Badump.

 

My heart started beating so fast, and my palms became sweaty. I couldn’t think of anything to get back at her. I just proceeded with blindly scrolling through my endless array of clothes but still not finding something that suits my taste today.

 

“Need help?”

 

I turned around and saw her casually leaning against the doorway that connects my wardrobe to my room.

 

“Can’t seem to find something that’s comfortable and stylish enough for today’s schedule.” I excused.

 

She walked in and scans through the clothes. “Busy day? Will you be walking around a lot? Changing outfit a lot?” she asks.

 

“Walking around, yes. Changing outfits, no.”

 

She nods.

 

She grabs a pair of trousers, a neutral shirt, and a bralette. Then, she hands them to me.

 

“A shirt and a bralette? What kind of pair is this supposed to be?” I asked, completely bewildered by her choice.

 

She shrugs. “I prefer the shirt over the bralette anytime. But knowing how you’re not uncomfortable with showing a little skin, I thought you’d like the other option better. It’s up to you to choose what you’d wear though. You can wear a coat on top for both, too.”

 

Stunned.

 

“I’ll be in the kitchen if you need me. You have snacks, right?” she said.

 

She didn’t wait for me to answer and left me dumbfounded in the wardrobe. She considered my schedule, chose different sets of styles for me. One, which is more of my style. And the other, more like hers.

 

I studied the clothes she picked out for me.

 

Damn it.

 

I cursed a little bit more as I put on the shirt.

 

 

 

 

“How’d your day went?” Byul asked as I strapped myself in after getting into the passenger seat.

“Busy. Rough. Tiring.” I whispered.

 

She chuckles. “Drive through?”

 

I nodded. “Yes, please. Thank you.”

 

She started the engine and we drove in silence. After a few minutes, Byul turned the radio on but lets it play in a low volume.

 

“Take a nap. You did great.”

 

And take a nap I did.

 

 

 

 

 

Someone was being annoying as they incessantly poked my cheeks.

 

“Yong, food is here.”

 

I wanted to curse but the scent of delicious hamburgers invaded my nostrils and I had to get up. My stomach was already rumbling merely because of the scent.

 

Byul gave me my burger and I took in our surroundings as I unwrapped it.

 

“Han river?” I asked. Then, I looked at the time through the car’s screen. “11 pm? That late? How long was I out?”

 

“Just an hour.”

 

“How long have we been here?”

 

“About half an hour.”

 

It didn’t matter if I was awake… or asleep.

 

“Why didn’t you wake me up when we arrived? You must have been bored to death.”

 

She smirked. “Thought you needed the break. You looked awfully tired and your dark circles gave you away.”

 

I frowned at her and smacked her shoulders. She complained a bit but laughed it off while unwrapping her burger.

 

Or was in the mood to play with her.

 

What mattered to her was—

 

“It’s not that bad to spend some quiet time, unnie. What’s important is you’re with me, even though you were asleep.” She chuckled.

 

We were together.

Badump.

Badump.

Badump. Badump. Badump. Badump. Badump. Badump. Badump. Badump. Badump. Badump. Badump.

 

The annoying crazy heartbeat returned.

 

I studied Byul for a while. She was sitting comfortably on the driver’s seat, with a hand under her head as she leaned back, and one hand holding the burger. I watched as she continued to eat her burger as if I was in a trance.

 

“Unnie, are you not hungry? Why aren’t you eating?”

 

I flinched when she caught me staring. I immediately took a bite of my burger.

 

“Sorry. My mind was wandering off.”

 

She smirked again. “Aigoo, you’ve fallen for me, haven’t you?” she teases.

 

I think I might have.

 

“Shut up.” I rolled my eyes.

 

She just laughed it off.

 

We spent a lot of time just talking in her car while our burgers and fries turned cold, and our drinks got watered down.

 

It didn’t matter to her if we weren’t doing something fun. The way she smiled and laughed with me tonight… it looked like she was genuinely enjoying spending time with me.

 

“Byul.” I called.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Aren’t you tired? What did you do the whole day?”

 

“I just lounged around your house the whole day while waiting for you. I ate your food and slept in your bed.” She chuckles.

 

I shook my head. “Why didn’t you go home to sleep instead? Would’ve been more comfortable to sleep on you bed.”

 

“I love sleeping on your bed unnie. It smells like you.”

 

“At this rate you’re going to move in with me.” I rolled my eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter