Happy birthday Yesungie!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YESUNGIE!

Siwon knows that Yesung’s parents have never really cared about their only son. They were busy lawyers who worked all the time and didn’t spend much time with Yesung. It means that they often forgot about their son’s birthday. And now it is Siwon’s work to fix their mistakes.

However, it isn’t easy. Throwing a surprise party for him is hard with his idiotic friends getting in his way. Siwon bought decorations, gifts for Yesung and prepares everything in his free time. Yesung works in a coffee shop which he owns together with his best friend Ryeowook. Ryeowook is also in charge of keeping Yesung out of their house for a few hours so Siwon can prepare everything. Their living room is huge with floor-to-ceiling windows and Siwon is currently building an arch of pink and gold balloons. Balloon banner HAPPY BIRTHDAY created from pink balloons is hanging from the ceiling and other balloons with star confetti are tied to the legs of table with food. Only the birthday cake is missing, Siwon ordered an Oreo cake in a great bakery and now just needs to pick it up. He is a bit busy and doesn’t know if he can make it there and come back in time. Siwon can be considered happy because Donghae is annoying him. He is sneakily stealing food from the table and thinks that Siwon doesn’t see him. He looks like a hamster with his full cheeks. Donghae is happy to offer his help, but Siwon isn’t very sure. However, what could go wrong? He will just drive to the bakery and get the cake. Siwon gives him a piece of paper with the number of his order and Donghae happily leaves. 

Siwon is finishing the last preparation when Donghae arrived with the cake. He put the box on the table with food and Siwon has no time to put the candles on so he gave the box with candles to Donghae. Suddenly he received a message from Ryeowook that he can’t keep Yesung out of the house any longer. His dumb excuses worked for a while, choosing new napkins wasn’t something what could take many hours. Ryeowook is driving and Yesung is getting angry because of his slow driving. He gets out of the car and Ryeowook runs and jumps in front of him.

“Look at the perfect roses!”

Ryeowook is admiring the red roses which are growing next to the front door.  Yesung rolls his eyes and groaned.

“What the hell is happening with you? Are you drunk or what?”

Yesung unlocks the front door and walks inside. He has no idea why is Ryeowook following him and the front door almost hit poor Ryeowook.

“Can I get a glass of water?”

Yesung nods and goes in the kitchen to get a bottle of water for his friend and has no idea that Ryeowook ran in the living room to join the rest of the guests.

“Ryeowook? Where did you go?”

Yesung is getting impatient because Ryeowook is getting on his nerves for the whole day. He is going to kick his if that stupid elf won’t leave him alone. Yesung goes to find him and almost has a heart attack when he enters the living room and his friends jump out of their hiding places. 

“Happy birthday!!”

Yesung stands there shocked for a few seconds and watches his friends and husband who are singing Happy Birthday to You. Yesung doesn’t want to admit it or show it, but he is touched. His parents have never prepared a birthday party for him and now there are his friends and most importantly his husband is there. Siwon turns around to take the cake, but then gasps.

“Donghae, this isn’t my cake!”

Siwon stares at the chocolate cake which is in the big plate and then glares at Donghae.

“Where is my cake!?”

Donghae is confused because they gave him this cake, it isn’t his fault.

“This is order 9! You gave me that paper with number 9!”

Siwon face-palmed and sighed.

“Number 6. That was number 6!”

Donghae opened and closed his mouth a few times and looks around. The guests are staring at him and try to hide their laughter. Donghae is embarrassed, but then Yesung saved him.

“It is okay, the cake doesn’t matter.”

Yesung smiles at his friend and goes to the cake to blow out the birthday candles. His friends clapped their hands and cheer while Siwon hurries to kiss the cheeks of his husband. Then the time for opening his gifts came. Yesung feels weird that everyone is watching him while he opens the boxes. He isn’t used to this, not many people pay attention to him. Only his husband and best friends listen to him and don’t mind that he is sometimes really clingy. 

Yesung got few new sunglasses, cool earrings and more, but he knows that Siwon must have something he will get later, after everyone leaves. Donghae is eyeing the cake and prays that it will be tasty or Siwon will beat him up. But the cake is good, they sit around the living room and eat while drinking champagne. 

“The taste is weird, it is a bit spicy.”

Siwon frowns because his piece isn’t spicy, it is sweet and delicious. Yesung sips the cold champagne and doesn’t know if he likes the cake. The taste is really weird and after a while, his tongue starts to feel numb. Yesung decides to leave the rest of his cake, his tongue is quite numb right now and his lips are itchy.

“Uhmm Siwon I don’t feel well.”

Siwon turns to his husband and silently cursed. His husband’s face is red and his lips are swollen. Siwon observes his husband’s face and looks around.

“There is a hint of peanuts.”

Leeteuk is a great cook so he needs just a moment to analyze the ingredients and he is right, there are peanuts in the cake.

“Peanuts? Yesung is allergic to peanuts!”

Siwon gently cups Yesung’s face in his hands and Yesung starts crying. Now he really can’t breathe and his skin started to itch. Siwon quickly got up and gently holds Yesung’s arm while half carrying him in their car. The guests are shocked and don’t know how to help them, but then Siwon drives off. He is panicking while trying to get to a hospital as fast as possible. It isn’t easy when Yesung is gasping for air and painfully whimpers. A few minutes later Siwon hit the brakes and this time he really has to carry Yesung in his arms because his husband looks like he is on the edge of passing out. 

A doctor hurries to them and Siwon laid Yesung down on a stretcher. A nurse pushes him out of the emergency room so they can focus on the patient and Siwon tries to calm his heartbeat down. He has forgotten about Donghae’s mistake, but you can be sure that the poor man is going to get beaten later. It takes a long hour before the doctor from before came to him.

“Your husband got epinephrine and now he is okay. He is resting in the room 412.”

Siwon nods and thanks to the doctor before going to find the room. Soon he is opening the door and peeks inside. Yesung is asleep in the hospital bed and he is still pale, but at least he is breathing normally. An ugly red rash is covering his arms and neck, but Yesung’s skin gets irritated very easily. Siwon knows how to treat the hives because Yesung gets them every summer when he is too hot.

Siwon sat down on a chair and gently takes Yesung’s small hand in his large one. He softly the short and chubby fingers and watches his husband’s pretty face. Yesung is avoiding peanuts so this doesn’t happen very often, the chocolate in the cake hides the taste of peanuts so this was just an accident. Siwon is nonetheless concerned, but feels better when he knows that they are in a building full of doctors. Siwon is silently staring out of the window and the sky is slowly getting darker until Yesung opened his eyes. He stretched his back and smiles at his husband.

“How are you feeling?”

Siwon combs Yesung’s black hair with his long fingers and kisses the forehead of his husband.

“I am a bit dizzy. ”

Siwon nods and fixes the blanket which is covering Yesung. They can leave soon, but Siwon doesn’t want to hurry if his babe feels sick.

“I am sorry I ruined the party. You worked so hard to prepare everything.”

Yesung pouts because he feels dumb for ruining the party. His parents have never celebrated his birthday and now he ruined his husband’s hard work. However Siwon doesn’t mind it.

“It is okay, we can invite everyone again. This time for a dinner, no more cakes.”

Yesung weakly smiles and rests for a long while before sitting up. Siwon hands him his clothes and helps Yesung with getting dressed. Yesung feels a bit unsure on his legs, he feels nauseous, but doesn’t want Siwon to carry him again. Siwon is driving and Yesung is trying not to fall asleep again. Out of nowhere his stomach loudly rumbled and it sounds like a dying whale. Siwon chuckles and spots Wendy’s so he drives there. He buys dinner and then hands the paper bag to Yesung. There is usually a strict rule about eating in the car because Siwon doesn’t want to stain the leather seats. However, this rule can be broken now when Yesung is this hungry. Yesung is stuffing his cheeks with fries and chicken nuggets until they stopped in front of their house.

They had no idea that they will find Donghae cleaning the house after the party. He wanted to show that he is sorry and this looked like the best option because Yesung is too tired to clean and Siwon is too busy with taking care of him. Donghae is ready to leave when they came so he just repeated a few times that he is very sorry and Yesung told him that it was just an accident. Donghae looked at Siwon’s arm, which is protectively wrapped around Yesung’s shoulders and gulps.

“I will go now.”

Donghae quickly squeezed past Siwon and hurries home before the man can change his mind and beat him. 

Yesung is tired, so he goes upstairs to take a shower and then lay down in the bed with the bag of food. Siwon joins him and they eat together while watching Friends because the sitcom always makes Yesung laugh. Siwon is sitting with his back pressed to the padded headboard of their bed and Yesung’s head is resting on his chest. Siwon is starting to feel sleepy, he is warm, his stomach is full and Yesung’s giggling is like a music to his ears. Yesung loves being this close to his husband whose body is always so warm. Yesung feels like a small kitten snuggling to a warm and soft pillow, this is his most favorite place in the universe. Yesung buries his nose in Siwon’s shirt and giggles.

He suddenly looks at his husband and Siwon smiles at him. The bit of ketchup in the corner of his mouth makes him the most adorable thing you could imagine and Siwon has to smile from ear to ear. Yesung stares into Siwon’s brown eyes and then snuggles closer to him.

“I don’t care about parties or gifts. I just need you.”