Alluring

Alluring

Taemin doesn’t know how long he’s been out on the dance floor. The flashing strobe lights, the pulsing club’s beats, the stifling hot air from people accumulated together. Time is nothing but a dot in his existence in which he allows himself to drift. He blames on the many little alcoholic drinks he shouldn’t have consumed, knowing Key will lecture him later, but he doesn’t care.

His body moved to the beat of the song like a siren in the waves, eyes unseeing with a far-away sheen. Men and women flock to him but could never get close, intimidated and unworthy in his presence. His hips flicked, arms flow with grace from above his head downward his body. Body coated with sweat and heart pounded, the bright lights shine against him like a shiny star in the dark. He does not move to the beat of the song; the music moves with him.

A man approaches, courageous enough to move into step with him. Taller, broader, a sharp edge that caught Taemin’s attention – wonders what he’s doing here. But the man knows every step to this dance, better than Taemin ever knows. Before he knows it he has given over what little control he had to this confident man.

Taemin doesn’t know where Key is, but he’s sure he’s watching. He does know where Onew is, can feel his eyes drilling into his back when the man he’s dancing with suddenly pulls him close, pressing their bodies together. It was firm like an iron grip, no hesitation. It made him feel small, the alcohol made his muscles feel weak as he lets the taller man move him however he wants to the music.

They stand in the middle of the dancefloor, Taemin’s body pressed against the man holding him tight. He’s sure everyone is watching them – the untouchable Lee Taemin leaning against a mystery man on the dancefloor.

He knows he should pull away but can only smile at the thought. He looks up with glassy eyes at his partner to discern his identity. The man’s face is shadowed by the angle of the flashing strobe lights. Unable to see the man’s face his mind fills in the gaps, a longing memory dancing with socked feet. His hyung strong and assuring taking the lead with his unsure hand one step at a time. The presence familiar and comforting.

Taemin’s eyes fall closed when the song changes to something aching and melancholy. Feels himself repositioned to be lightly swayed.

“I always like this song, don’t you Taeminnie?”

The words whispered into Taemin’s ear has him tense but doesn’t stop moving. He should have known, everything had felt so familiar. Promising himself not to let himself get caught up again he only responds with “Minho.”

“I like your outfit,” Minho whispers with a smirk, hand running close from his chest to his abs. It has Taemin shivered when that hand finally settles on his hip. “Cute, like a belle.”

Taemin weakly glares at him, lightly gasps in surprise when Minho twirls him around, pressing them together back to front. His fingers linked with Minho’s while they sway, Minho’s chin tucked on his shoulder.

With the way he is held, Taemin is facing directly at Onew. When their eyes met, Onew’s eyes widened mouth agaped. He opens and closes his mouth like a fish out of water before averting his eyes, embarrassed he was caught staring. Key is on the second floor by the railing, the perfect view to see the whole dancefloor. Taemin inwardly swallows when Key’s piercing eyes pinpointed him in the crowd. He’s sure to have words when they leave.

“Slipping away from in between the fingers, days of happiness turn into memories.” Minho whispers into his ears, so close Taemin can feel the smug upturn of his lips against his neck. “You’re lost in your cage and all you can do is sing like a pretty bird. Isn’t that right, Lee Taemin?”

Taemin shakes his head, his hand in Minho’s tight. “You don’t know anything,” he hisses, his head turns and their faces are too close.

“Don’t I? Our hyungs are staring,” Minho purrs against his lips. “Scared I’ll set you free.”

“Like you know any better,” Taemin sneers, glancing up at Key. He could see Key move to the stairs, intent to go over. “You ran.”

Minho softly growls and moves them, the angle of their arms now crossed in front of Taemin’s waist like an X. “It’s not like that.”

“I know that’s why you do what you do,” Taemin answers, breathless and stilted. “You put on these masks to hide your true self, why you came here tonight – to me.” He groaned when Minho pulls on his wrist as a response.

“Better than wearing something revealing and getting drunk in the club – just asking to be taken advantage of.”

“I’m not,” Taemin glares, his head back against Minho.

“No.” Minho locks eyes with someone as he buries his face into Taemin’s neck. “You’re waiting for me.”

Taemin gasps, feels teeth sink into his neck. He struggles to move away but is held tight against Minho. He blushes when Minho pulls away with a loud pop, blows on the mark left on Taemin’s skin. “Stop – ”

“Tell hyung I said hello.”

 


 

So this is probably my first one-shot for this pairing and I hope you all enjoyed it.

Also this is my chance to self-promo my twitter account. I had kept it private for a long time but now I'm stepping into the light and need followers! It mostly has my doodles, mostly DC but I did drew something for my Devil Besides Me fic. If I get enough people interested I'll start posting possible fic updates and more 2min doodles. Check it out twitter.com/TGIntentX