Final

The House Of Happiness

It was a small room. The man was sitting in front of the single window, watching the rain fall. He had a book in his hands, he had been reading a while ago but decided to watch the rain fall on people’s head instead. All around him in the room were shelves full of books. There was a calming song playing from his phone. He’d been stressed lately, hence why he has been reading.

The door to the room opened and soon warm arms were embracing him and a soft kiss was placed on his head.

“What are you doing honey?” Jungkook asked.

“I’m watching the rain fall.” Jimin answered.

Jimin took his hand and made him stand up from the chair before leading him to their room. They lied on the bed and stayed silent until Jungkook talked.

“What’s wrong love?” he asked.

Jimin knew this was coming. Jungkook could read him like an open book. He had to admit that he liked it though.

“It’s just… I feel sad lately. I don’t really know why.” Jimin answered, sighing.

“And the book?” Jungkook asked again.

“I was trying to forget about all of this. But the rain distracted me so I decided to watch the rain fall. People running back home was kinda funny.” He said, smiling softly.

Jungkook turned to face Jimin’s profile and kissed his cheek before propping himself on his forearm.

“Look at me, baby.” He said and Jimin turned his face. “I love you. And I know that it doesn’t help in the slightest but I need you to know that I really do. I know this situation is stressing you but you need to let go. I found the perfect house and you’ll be able to say goodbye to this room very soon.” Jungkook explained and Jimin’s eyes welled up with tears.

“I love you too Jungkook. I know it’s been hard for you to deal with me lately and I’m so thankful.”

“Don’t thank me. I love you, that’s why we got married. No matter what anyone said, no matter what anyone thought. I know she never loved me and I never cared. I’m not doing this for me, I’m doing this for you.”

“I know. But it’s still hard.” Jimin said, tears falling.

“Let me tell you one last time.” Jungkook almost whispered and Jimin nodded. “Your mother was selfish. She was unhappy and jealous that you found happiness in my arms when she couldn’t. I’m truly sorry for what happened to her but you’re better off without her. We need to leave this house for your sake.” Jungkook explained, his heart breaking as Jimin began to cry harder.

“I-I’m sorry.” Jimin apologised, sobbing.

“Don’t be sorry baby. It’s not your fault.”

 


 

Jimin was sitting in front of one of the windows in a very spacious room, watching the rain fall. He had a book in his hands, he had been reading a while ago but decided to watch the rain fall instead. All around him in the room were shelves full of books. There was a calming song playing from his phone. Suddenly, the door was thrown open, giggles filling the room, a little boy and a little girl hopping on his lap.

“Daddy!” they screamed simultaneously.

“My babies! Do you want some hot chocolate?” Jimin asked, a wide smile on his lips. The kids nodded eagerly so Jimin hoisted them on either of his hips and walked to the kitchen.

As he entered the kitchen, the front door opened, then closed and soon, Jimin was met with a totally drenched Jungkook.

“Guys, how could you leave with my umbrella?! If I catch a cold it’s on you!” Jungkook whined, taking his jacket off and approaching Jimin to kiss him.

“Baby, go take shower and there’ll be a hot chocolate waiting for you when you’ll be done.” Jimin said and Jungkook did as he was told.

Jimin then turned to look at his kids.

“Never do that again, okay? Your dad is so annoying when he’s sick.” He said, making the twins laugh.

That evening, as Jimin was lying in his bed, Jungkook back hugging him, he thought about when his mom passed away and how he didn’t want to admit that he was sad. He felt guilty towards Jungkook – who had saved him from his mentally abusive mother – for being sad and for wanting to stay in the house he had so many hurtful memories in. But now, looking back, he knew he had to live all of this to find the House of Happiness.