Story-telling

But Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Yoo Jeongyeon!” Jeongyeon and everyone left in the class turned their head to the marching girl where she’s standing.

 

“Who are—” Before Jeongyeon can finish her words, the girl dragged her away from her friends.

 

 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon has her brows furrowed and arms crossed while watching the girl in front of her. The girl did not even spare a word since they’re seated at the café but giving her glares, in which Jeongyeon found it suspicious. For the record, she did not even know who’s the girl.

 

“Do you know Myoui Mina?” The girl broke her silence, spoke in a conceited tone to Jeongyeon.

 

‘What with this girl?’ Jeongyeon was questioning in her mind.

 

“I’m asking here. Do you know Myoui Mina?” Jeongyeon cannot help but feel irritated after hearing the girl raised her voice. For goodness sake, they are in a public place. 

 

“Yes. I do know her, and who are you?” Jeongyeon asked back in a strident tone. She can see the girl raising a brow to her.

 

“You don’t know me?”

 

“If I know you, I won’t ask. I believe you already know who am I when you called me by my name just now, miss,” Jeongyeon answered in a flat tone.

 

“I’m Im Nayeon.” The girl crossed her leg.

 

“So?” Jeongyeon raised a brow to the other girl, unbothered by her act.

 

“Are you kidding me? You don’t know me?”

 

“Are you the President’s daughter?”

 

“No.”

 

“Then, I don’t think I know you, Miss Im,” Jeongyeon simply answered.

 

That made the girl named Nayeon uncrossed her leg and arms, and biting her lips in frustration.

 

“Excuse me, Jeongyeon-ssi. I’m trying to be nice here. You don’t have to be rude or--”

 

"Rude? I think you're the wrong one here, Miss Im. You've forcefully pulled me away from my class, dragged me to this place, gave me glares when I have no idea who you are. It's you being rude here. Now, please explain to me why am I here because I have a more important thing to do than just sitting here,” Jeongyeon didn’t care because she should be blunt than wasting her time sitting with a stranger.

 

“Fine. I want Mina.”

 

“Excuse me?” Jeongyeon moved her head forward when she heard the girl. She heard her clear but she needed to make sure the girl was not talking nonsense.

 

“I said, I want Mina.”

 

Jeongyeon already annoyed with her words. ‘Does she think she can get everything just like that?’ Jeongyeon cannot help to judge the girl’s attitude. ‘Maybe playing a little won’t hurt’ Jeongyeon smirked inside her mind.

 

"You want Mina. Perhaps this Mina is a thing for you? Cause the Mina that I know is a person and she has her right to do whatever she wants.” 

 

Jeongyeon stood up and left the girl without looking back.

 

“Yah!” Nayeon shouted angrily, not bothered by the discomfort looks from the other people inside the café.

 

Jeongyeon smiled in triumph.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon thought it was over when she left the girl with her witty comment last time, but she was wrong. The girl did not know how to give up. She would always find Jeongyeon in her class. When she meant class, it meant every class. It seems like the girl even know Jeongyeon’s schedule. Jeongyeon ignored it every time but she had enough when the girl is causing disturbance to their group discussion.

 

“Hmmm… Boring,” Nayeon raised the book with her thumb and index finger, holding the book as if it was disgusting and dumped it loudly on the table. Everyone flinched due to her constant throwing.

 

Jeongyeon’s patience reached her limit as she closed her book harshly and pulled Nayeon away from their table. Jeongyeon was gripping tightly to Nayeon’s wrist.

 

Jeongyeon harshly released Nayeon’s wrist as she glared at the girl, “What do you, Miss Im?”

 

“I told you I want—”

 

“I don’t own her! Please stop disturbing my life!” Jeongyeon raised her voice, frustrated.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon wishes to be left alone by the said-stranger but the girl still followed her after she raised her voice toward the girl. 

 

“Stop fo—”

 

“Wait!”

 

Jeongyeon didn’t finish her words when the girl raised both of her hands.

 

“Just give me five minutes. Just five minutes,” Nayeon was trying to keep it calm, a bit scared that the taller girl might raise her voice again. She does feel sorry for disturbing her but she won’t give up.

 

“Fine. Your five minutes start now,” Jeongyeon went up for the request. After all, she needs to stop Nayeon from ruining her day.

 

“I’ll help you to ruin Mina’s current relationship,” Nayeon quickly went to her point. 

 

“What are you trying to suggest here, Miss Im?” Jeongyeon furrowed her brows in confusion, not exactly sure how to respond to that sudden ‘help’.

 

“Don’t you see Mina is trying to fool both of us here?” Nayeon said furiously.

 

Jeongyeon finally understands Nayeon’s intention. She scoffed as she looked at her with an unbothered face. 

 

“I don’t care, Miss Im.”

 

Jeongyeon did not care or she wants to listen to it. She has a more important thing to focus on at that moment. 

 

“Then let’s do it together!”

 

“What?” 

 

“I said, she played both of us so let’s work together and get back on her.”

 

Jeongyeon raised her brow as she’s scanning the bunny-like-girl from head to toes.

 

“Why should I?”

 

“You have nothing to lose even if you work with me.”

 

Jeongyeon kept shut for a few seconds as she tried to register everything inside her pressured head. She just stared at Nayeon. ‘It doesn’t matter to me but maybe this can stop her from disturbing our group work. Sowon might kill me if she keeps messing around’, Jeongyeon thought it could be a way to get rid of the hard-headed bunny. 

 

“As long as you know that,” Jeongyeon shrugged as she finally heard Nayeon.

 

“Deal,” Nayeon smirked as she offered a handshake.

 

“Deal,” Jeongyeon gave back a smirk as she took Nayeon’s hand.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Miss Im, where are we going?” Jeongyeon asked curiously while her eyes wandered around the paintings displayed from each side of the wall. Jeongyeon mentally praising in her mind upon seeing the high-quality works and her lips tugged upwards as her attention jumped from one to one painting display. She had doubt when Nayeon called her to meet at such a place. 

 

“Yah!” Jeongyeon turned her head in surprised when she heard the high-pitched voice. She didn’t realize that she was stopped walking and gawking at one of the high-class art. Jeongyeon internally smirks as she saw the impatient girl who has her arms crossed glazing a glare on her. She already assumed that the girl was cursing under her breath but she cannot fully understand the words.

 

Jeongyeon casually slipped her hands into her black coat as she made her way towards Nayeon.

 

“So, what exactly are we doing here?” Jeongyeon asks as she set five feet away from the other girl.

 

“Can you stop asking and just follow me?” Nayeon has her brow raised, giving the girl an irritated gaze.

 

Jeongyeon scoffed after hearing Nayeon’s demand. She’s closing the distance between their face, leaving a few inches as she sure the shorter girl will feel her hot breaths.

 

"I don't follow any order from anyone, Miss Im… Especially from someone who is a stranger to me,” Jeongyeon made sure she uttered her words clearly.

 

Nayeon can feel the blood rushing to her face, not due to anger but the unexplained disturbance tingling sensation she's having as she felt Jeongyeon’s breaths hitting her skin.

 

“I…Whatever!” Nayeon quickly turned away as Jeongyeon distanced herself. She bit her lips, trying to fight the urges to look at the taller girl. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter