Fin

Back to being business partner

A slap to the face. Literally. That ing hurt. "Do you really hate me that much Minji?" I ask, gazing into her doe like eyes, as I cradle my face. She wasn't crying or showing any emotions. Just neutral.


She said nothing for a while, slowly turning her back to me, that's when I knew she didn't want anything to do with me. The members gasp but held back. It seems everybody was rooted to the spot not believing that the slap was real.


My hand shook as my gaze falter, no longer wanting to look her in the eyes because hurt was written all over my face. Taking a step back, followed by the other feet until my back hits the door. I turn the knob, letting out one last breath, probably the last one as a friend because after this, we would go back to being business partner and nothing more.


"I should go," I said softly, turning the knob to our practice room, I sneaked a glance at her before leaving, hoping that she would say something or anything back. But of course I knew that was just fruitful thinking. My heart aches as tears start to blur my vision. Hurriedly I scramble to put on the red hoodie running out the door almost falling as my arm caught onto the doorpost. Tears fell as I try to choke it back. My chest starts to feel constrict and I'm shaking.


The not so busy hallway made my escape easier. Turning the last corner, I jumped onto few flights of steps to speed the process. I almost slipped a couple of times but caught myself before I could fall, and everytime I did, I wish I would just fall and hurt myself to feel like I deserve it.


Bursting through the exit door to the outside world, I heave out a huge breath. I was in the back alley of the building. Nobody ever walks through here, so I felt safe venting out my sadness and anger without the world knowing. Kicking the brick wall, I release all my anger onto that one spot until the pain is unbearable.


'Why can't you see I'm doing this for all of us?!" I silently screamed.


Dropping down to the ground feeling weak from the pent up frustration. I rest my back against the brick wall, propping my leg up I  rested my head on my knee hugging myself, finally letting out the hardest sob. My chest hurt. My feet hurt. My heart hurts.


It has been half an hour since the whole ordeal. Looking up at the sunset wallowing in self pity, I realised it was getting late. Then a thought hit me, we've been practicing for half a day and it's no wonder everyone is tired. The realisation hits me as my body starts to feel ache after the adrenalin wears off from practice and now my right foot from kicking the poor wall.


But then, another realisation hits me when nobody came for me. I sigh in sadness. Even if we ever fought in the past within the group, someone would always mediate and let it solve. But watching the two oldest member of the group fighting can be a bit too much for the younger members and maybe it's because it has always been me and jiu to solve the fight. I sigh again.


I left my phone in the practice room so there's no way of getting in contact with anyone. The shock expression of the members face still lingers in my mind and maybe I deserve this.


It's getting cold now. I rub my arms to keep them warm to waste a few minutes more until I couldn't bear the cold weather.


I should head up, but then I have to face them


I groan realising the reality of it all. I hit the wall a few times with the back of my head feeling stupid.


------

Minji POV


I-I slap her. Oh god what have I done. I shut my eyes leaving a trail of angry tears on my cheek.


I slap her out of shock honestly, I didn't mean to. Before I could say something my hands were already moving and wow did it feel wrong because we have never resort to being violent but shouting hurtful words.


I turn my back to her because of my idiotic mistake, I didn't mean to slap her. I was feeling heated at the moment and my pride refused to say sorry so I turned my back to her out of guilt. God everything is so messed up. As the oldest I have take care of the members like a leader would but that burden is lifted once Bora decides to help out the team in areas where I couldn't. Now, I can't even begin to imagine how this situation will affect the group. 


-------

"Just a couple more everyone and we will wrap it up, when I feel like we're doing okay." The slump bodies on the floor prove her otherwise as the rapid breathing of the tired member fills the entire dance studio. 


"I don't think we need to practice more it's getting late and I think everyone is exhausted as it is." 


As the main dancer of the group I couldn't just let our dancing look unorganised and not well practice. It wouldn't look good for my pride and besides the company evaluation is in two days. We need the practice!


"Jiu trust me we are not done, just a couple more and we can go back." My voice unwielding as I stared right at her through the reflection.


Clasping the straying blonde hair from her face, she turn around and stare right back at the short girl heatedly.


"No we don't, we still have tomorrow and we need to consider our well being. Pack up your things everyone, we're going home." The bunny commanded the group.


Pursing her lips, Bora turn around hastily feeling angry that the leader brush her concerns off.


"It seems to me your only doing yourself a favour, can't you see where I'm coming from Minji? It's not done!"  Turning around she commanded back sharply to the tired members.


"Everyone stop packing right now and get into formation!" Bora exclaim, turning her back towards the mirror again.


With eyes narrowing no longer feeling tired, Minji snatches Bora shoulder and hiss at the short girl. "I said we are done when I said we are done!" She shouts onto the unfazed Bora as her nails dug onto the latter skin.


Pushing the leader's arm away, she retailiate back disrespectfully no longer holding back.


"Being a leader doesn't automatically make me incline to follow your order. We all get to have a say in everything we do too." Getting closer towards the leader she shouts, "Do us all a favour and ing listen!!"


Slap

Gasp fill the room, Gahyeon who was near them took a step back eyes wide as she holds a palm to in disbelief. Siyeon tried to say something but Bora had already utter the hurtful words before she could say anything.


"Do your really hate me that much Minji?"


Those words still echo in her head as she sits on the hardwood floor with the members closely by.


It has been silent for twenty minutes. Everyone had tried to say something but held back, that is until the leader herself spoke.


"Is it true, I haven't been listening to all of you well?" Shifting her gaze from the floor to the members she utters those words softly. Being the third oldest of the group, Siyeon carefully lay out the truth to the leader.


"We are not saying you haven't been listening and we understand Bora concerns, it's just getting an approval from the company is not easy with Handong being gone."


"Was I wrong then claiming that we are done for the day?" She fires another, having not satisfied with the previous vague answer.


"No," Yoohyeon answers finally vocalising her thoughts.


"You are not wrong." Dami also pipes up.


"Bora wants what's best for us but she isn't necessarily right. I don't think she meant what she said, I think she was just feeling heated at the moment. We all need the practice but our health always comes first. Maybe she just needs a little reminder that we are all human at the end of the day." She finish.


Everyone begins to nod. Being the voice of reason in the group, Dami's advice always speaks the truth when others would go beating around the bush.


Sighing, she stood up and face her members who has been through thick and thin with her. I will talk to her and work it out. Pulling out her famous smile she encourage her members to pack their things and wait for the manager at the threshold while she goes and find Bora.


Searching for Bora in the building was not easy. After pushing the door to the empty toilet she huff in anoyance. She had tried to call Bora phone but only to find it place right by her belonging in the studio.


Where is she, she thought. If she's not inside maybe she went for a walk to cool down but it's getting late and it could be dangerous for her. Rushing out of the restroom she ran past her member crossing the threshold. The wind slaps her blonde hair onto her face as she jog past the company buiding. She could hear Gahyeon loud voice calling for her from the distance but her worry for Bora weighs more if anything were to happen to that short girl.


Rounding the corner she slows her jog watching the short girl slump against the wall. Relief flooded her, knowing the short girl was safe.


Bora hearing soft footsteps calls out the owner to the silent foot falls approaching. "I don't want to talk about it."


"I know you won't. But hear me out."


Startled by the leaders' voice who she least expected to reach out to her, she stood up shifting her weight onto her left foot facing her.


"I'm sorry for slapping you," she began, "It was uncalled for. I should have and try to listen to your concerns and talk it out."


"I'm sorry." She apologetically ends softly.


"I accept your apology. But know that us would never be the same. I'm no longer your friend." She lets out and Minji frowns.


"But buisness partner." Bora ends.


Her face crestfallen as Bora utter the last few words. "I won't accept that. Let me make it up to you, whatever it takes."


"Then I hope it works because you hurt me Kim Minji" A tear escapes her eyes as she placed her right hand by her heart where it thuds painfully.


Stepping closer towards Bora with just a breath away, she placed her hands onto the one that cups the precious heart she hurts.


"Whatever it takes."