Final.

Thrill Me, Chill Me, Fulfil Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They are so going to be haunted after this, Baekhyun thinks as he pushes the heavy iron gates to the local graveyard open. They’ll probably bring back some kind of poltergeist or something. Or worst, they’ll just die here and everyone in town will forever remember them as the idiots who went gallivanting around a graveyard on Halloween night. Not to mention Baekhyun is wearing the absolute lamest costume ever since somebody only decided to invite him to go out about two hours ago and he had nothing to wear. Stupid Chanyeol. 

He is a grown man wearing a “nudist on strike” sign made out of cardboard and a shoelace on Halloween. If this isn’t just about the most loser thing ever then he doesn’t know what is. At least it’s just going to be Chanyeol and his friends from his music club. Baekhyun doesn’t what he would do if he had to through another humiliating event like last year when Chanyeol had dragged him to Kyungsoo’s Halloween party without telling him that Kyungsoo’s roommate was Sehun. 

Baekhyun showed up in as a giant inflatable , which would have been funny if Chanyeol had kept his promise and wore his giant costume. Only he didn’t and Baekhyun was just the erted weirdo. It was horrible, to say the least. What made it worse was that he was so embarrassed he ran into the bathroom to take it off, but instead of the bathroom, he ran into Sehun’s room. When Baekhyun’s giant inflatable balls knocked into Sehun’s legs, the latter was so surprised he spilled his drink all over himself. After an entire year of crushing on Sehun, any hope of actually getting together with him went down the drain after that night. 

He physically shudders just thinking about it. Whatever, he thinks. Even if his costume is lame, at least this year he won’t be able to embarrass himself in front of- 

“Sehun?”

The aforementioned crush is leaning against the huge oak tree Chanyeol told Baekhyun to meet him at. Sehun turns around, looking just as confused and surprised as Baekhyun feels. He’s wearing a white t-shirt underneath a black denim jacket and a pair of jeans that do wonders for his long legs. His black hair is slicked back and he just looks so... cool , unlike Baekhyun, who is wearing his old grey hoodie from high school that’s a little worse for wear. Not to mention it’s about two sizes too big and practically makes him look like a sixteen-year-old with no appeal. God, could this night get any worse?

“Baekhyun? What are you doing here?” 

The way his name rolls of Sehun’s tongue makes him feel a certain way he probably should not be feeling surrounded by the dead. How disrespectful of him. “Uh- Chanyeol invited me...He said he and his friends wanted to do something tonight.” 

“Oh. Kyungsoo invited me. I guess they’re hanging out together then?” 

“Y-Yeah, I guess so…” 

The words leave his mouth sounding more nervous than he would like. He hopes Sehun didn’t notice. It doesn’t seem like he did. In fact, it doesn’t seem like Sehun is even paying much attention to him. He debates if he should go and stand by him near the tree. But then decides he doesn’t trust himself enough to get that close and not lose his mind. He settles on a spot beside a tombstone for someone’s dog. Huh. He didn’t even know pets could be buried in human cemeteries. 

When he looks back at Sehun, the taller is staring off into the distance somewhere. Great. Sehun would rather stare at a bunch of gravestones than talk to him. He’s probably thinking about how he has to spend his Saturday night with some weirdo who dressed as a to a party. This is so humiliating. 

Chanyeol you ing . Baekhyun types this into his phone and sends it to his now ex-best friend. He presses the ‘send’ button over and over again as if doing so will get the message to send faster. How dare he do this to him two years a row? What kind of friend is he? Baekhyun sends these questions to Chanyeol also. Though with much more curse words and exclamation points. 





 





 

Oh my god. Oh my god. Baekhyun is here. Why is Baekhyun here? More importantly, why did Kyungsoo not tell him Baekhyun was going to be here? Sehun’s not sure if there’s some sort of roommate/wingman bro-code, but he’s pretty sure not telling your friend that their crush of nearly two years now is going to be meeting up with them is breaking some sort of code out there. If Sehun had known Baekhyun was going to be here he wouldn’t have worn such a half-assed costume. He would’ve worn something cool. y. Sophisticated. Like a Chippendales dancer or something. Okay so not really sophisticated, but something y at least . Instead, he’s just wearing his normal clothes with a bunch of name tags on it. 

“Identity theft?” Baekhyun suddenly asks. 

Sehun has been thinking about all the costumes he could have worn to impress Baekhyun that he doesn’t even realize Baekhyun’s been talking to him. Good god, he has just been zoning out like a freak this whole time? “What?” 

“That’s your costume, right? Identity theft…?” 

“Oh. Right. Yeah. You could tell?” 

Baekhyun nods. “It’s a clever costume.” 

“Thanks,” Sehun says, “I like yours too.” 

Baekhyun’s eyes widen and he immediately yanks the cardboard sign off his neck. “Oh uh- it’s just some stupid thing I came up with last minute. Chanyeol didn’t tell me we were gonna go out tonight,” he chuckles nervously. 

“Oh okay.” 

He is so dumb . ‘Oh okay’? Compliment him, you idiot! “You uh-It’s not stupid. It’s funny,” he quickly adds. 

Baekhyun’s eyes instantly light up. He’s so cute Sehun wants to cry. Or scream. Or both, he can’t tell just yet.  

“Really?” Baekhyun asks. He puts the sign back on. Sehun bites back a grin. “Thanks. I was worried it was lame.”

Neither of them says another word after this. They just stand there like a couple of preteens who aren’t fully comfortable in their bodies yet, hands hanging awkwardly their sides, and avoiding eye contact. Sehun sneaks a look at Baekhyun, secretly hoping the latter is looking at him too. He’s not. He’s looking at his phone, much to Sehun’s dismay, but it reminds him that he s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter