one

A Lost Cause

After hunting down an espresso as though it's the Holy Grail, Ye Seul chugs the barely drinkable liquid down in three hasty gulps. The coffee is strong and entirely too acidic but this is exactly what she needs now.

It was a whole night of wild partying with her favourite crowd, free flow booze and EDM, and there's no better way to enjoy the weekends. Except for the terrible headache that is pounding against her head now. 

Her phone vibrates and she swipes her screen to see the message. How heartless, you left while I was making you coffee.

She laughs before sending him a picture of her cup of coffee. When her phone vibrates again, it's an incoming call and she answers it.

"Their coffee is the worst. Wait there, I am coming to fetch you."

"No need to," her reply is almost immediate, "I'm taking the bus." 

"Come on. Girls are all dying for a ride in my G65." 

She laughs again. "Yes, I can see all your ladies lining up here."

There's a beat of silence before he speaks again.  

"Why?"

"What do you mean? Because I am capable of g-"

"You know that's not what I am asking." She hears a deep sigh from the other end and figures where the conversation is going. 

"Hey Chanyeol, I'm running late."

"Ye Seu-"

"Got to go now."

She quickly hangs up because she knows he's right. She runs away every time it gets serious. The truth is that Ye Seul has been enjoying her time with Chanyeol, who's possibly the nicest guy she knows. But she just can't deal with feelings right now. 

 

 

She doesn't see him again. Maybe because they are both busy but it's mostly because she has been ignoring his messages, calls and basically avoiding all the clubs that Chanyeol goes to. When she bumps into him at a bar downtown, she's already wasted and a stranger whose name she didn't catch earlier is persistently hitting on her. "Hey, she's with me." He says to the stranger with a straight face before putting his muscular arms around her. "Are you ok?" 

"It's you, Chanyeol!" She leans towards him excitedly and her voice comes out, husky and seductive. "I miss you."

His ears turn red when he feels her hot breath and he narrows his eyes at the giggling girl he's holding.

"Please, you have been avoiding me for the whole week." 

He is not as clueless as he seems. He just wants to know why she doesn't want a serious relationship with him when they are obviously attracted to each other. He waves at Krystal, his college junior who also happens to be Ye Seul's friend too. Also the same person who's been telling him of her whereabouts. 

"Chanyeol," Ye Seul is tracing his face and slightly pouting when his attention is no longer on her.

"What?"

"You look pissed off." She points out timidly. "Is it because of me?"

Chanyeol's gaze softens and shakes his head. He remembers Krystal's words when he asks for her help. Sorry can't help in setting you guys up. I don't know what happened but she doesn't want a relationship after her ex and her broke up. You know Oh Sehun right. Yeah that's her famous ex.  

"No but I want to know wh-"

"Chanyeol, can I kiss you?" She stares at him in an innocent manner and the way her doe-like eyes twinkle is enchanting. 

Before he could answer, she presses her lips against him.

If that's what she wants. 

 

And he returns her kiss with equal fervour.