5 days

5 days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

■ ▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎ ■ D-5 : Undecided ■ ▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎ ■


If Jinyoung had to pick the best roommate he had throughout his entire life, he would instantly pick his new roommate Mark. Something he would have never guessed the first time he saw the pal. It wasn't Jinyoung's fault.

Mark literally screamed "NO JOB, BUT RICH." vibes on their first encounter.

Jinyoung could still remember how heart sank, the moment he opened the door to find a man wearing black heel pointed boots, black tight pants with a very expensive leather belt. The loose dotted shirt ed to half of his chest, showing his chest muscles and the white gold chain necklace around the guy's tattooed neck.

Jinyoung thought it was too much already, but Mark proved him wrong as soon as he saw his face. He was smiling at him, blinding him with his sharply pierced canines. His dyed brown-haired styled to the back, showing his also pierced ears, full of earnings. Jinyoung felt dizzy counting how many piercings Mark had.

"Hello, I'm Mark Tuan. Nice to meet you," Mark introduced himself, hands leaving the luggage to offer a handshake.

Jinyoung didn't respond, his mind still processing the crisis he was in because of a certain Jaebum."Oh, Mark. Why are you still by the door---Jinyoung??"

Jaebum frowned, scanning Jinyoung's frozen pale face. Jinyoung shook his head, forcing a smile. "Hey, I'm Jinyoung." He shook Mark's hand.

"Come in," He offered, swaying the door open for them to enter.

"Have a seat, Can I steal Jaebum for a second?" He asked, before dragging Jaebum to the kitchen.

"What on earth were you thinking when you brought this vampire chaebol night club owner here?" Jinyoung hissed, glaring at Jaebum while pacing in the kitchen.

Jaebum laughed, "Mark isn't like this. You asked for a good roommate, he is." He shrugged.

"Are you kidding? He is smelling like trouble," Jinyoung grumbled."Don't judge a book by its cover. He is one of Jennie's best friends overseas and she assured he was great,"

"Jaebum, I'm sorry. He can't be my roommate. Tell him the spare room got a fire and destroyed," Jinyoung asked, stuck to the decision of not giving Mark a chance.

"Stop being an idiot," Jaebum rolled his eyes, leaning against the counter.

"Jinyoung, you need a roommate because this apartment is too expensive for you and you can't afford the rent by yourself. Give him a month. If he is unbearable, I will show him another place,"

Jinyoung ruffled his hair in frustration. He couldn't help but agree on his offer.

He went back to the living room to find Mark still standing in the place he left him instead of sitting on the couch with ignorance.

'Is he faking politeness,now?' Jinyoung thought.

He forced another smile, taking Mark to the coach. Once they sat down, he grabbed the file placed on the coffee table, hand to Mark.

"Here's one month contract, the apartment rules, and your role," Jinyoung explained the three papers held by Mark.

Jaebum nudged his elbow, "You didn't even show him the apartment, what's wrong with you?!"

"its fine, Jaebum-ah. Can I ask why it's just one month, I thought we agreed on six?" Mark asked while scanning the rules paper.

"Change of plans, you will have one month as a test. If you follow the rules, we will extend the contract," Jinyoung answered, leaning against the pillow behind his back.

Mark chuckled, eyes on the last paper. "I have one question before I sign this,"

"Do you like scented candles?" He asked politely.

"What?" Jinyoung frowned, confused by the question.

"Does it matter?" And he knew the answer the same the night for three months.

The beautiful candles' scent and classic music soft hums coming from the boy's room was actually Mark's way of shouting "I'm Home"

Mark proved to Jinyoung that he was 180 degrees opposite from his rich style that Jinyoung hated.

Mark was a perfect roommate and a human being. He was quiet, friendly, clean, and perfectly knew what personal space meant.

He knew his own limits and respected Jinyoung's personal space. Something all of Jinyoung's past roommates failed to understand.

That wasn't the only thing Jinyoung admired about Mark. He wasn't pushy and humbly kind with his little helpings and treats.

His peaceful vibes were remarkable and aesthetically pleasing to everyone stepping into their shared house.

That's why Jinyoung was shocked when he entered the house one night and was met by darkness. No music, No vanilla or coconut scented candles.

'Mark isn't home? He is usually here by now,' He thought while taking off his shoes, stepping into the house.

That thought was thrown out of the window when he passed by the living room, almost having a heart attack.

Mark was there on the couch, staring at the turned-off TV like he was possessed by a creepy ghost. His phone was vibrating nonstop on the coffee table next to him. Yet, he didn't care to stop it.

"Mark," Jinyoung called while slowly approaching him.

"Mark," Jinyoung tried again, touching the silent man's shoulder.

The dark brown-haired guy flinched, turning to see who was behind him in surprise and fear.

Seeing it was Jinyoung, he let out a sigh of relief. "Oh, Jinyoung. I didn't hear you coming in," He said with a tight smile instead of the usual genuine one.

Jinyoung arched his eyebrow in confusion, "Are you okay, Mark?"

Mark's eyes went a little wide at the question, even though it was a normal thing to ask between the two.

"I'm fine, Jinyoung-ah" He hesitantly answered before getting up."I'm going to sleep," He said, leaving to his room without giving Jinyoung a chance to ask again.

'Bad day? He has never been that gloomy or maybe I'm overthinking' Jinyoung eyed his back until he disappeared.

Little did he know, he was proved wrong days later.

■ ▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎ ■ D-4 : Unexpected ■ ▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎ ■


When the smell of bakery filled Jinyoung's room, he thought he was dreaming.

The sunlight was burning him and the poor pillow he was hugging. Yet, Jinyoung didn't budge, waiting for his morning alarm to start his day.

The sound of his alarm tone made him groan. He pushed off the checkered blanket, stretching his arm to reach his non-stop ringing alarm.

'No laziness today, Park Jinyoung!' he encouraged himself, leaving his bed.

As soon as he opened the door, the smell hit his nose stronger. He titled his head in confusion at the realization that the smell was coming from his own house, not the neighbors.

He followed the smell to the kitchen where the truth unfolded. The dark brown-haired roommate of his was actually the one baking at 6.30 AM.

That was weird. Mark wasn't that an early bird baker. He was a silent late owl graphic designer who Jinyoung dragged every morning to have breakfast.

'What possessed him?' Jinyoung thought as he scanned the kitchen table filled with various bakeries.

"Mark?" Mark shrieked, dropping the hot pan. Jinyoung hurried to grab the freshly baked croissants off the floor.

"Jinyoung, you startled me!" Mark complained, one hand on his heart and the other picking the pan.

"I'm sorry, hyung. I didn't mean to," he apologized before blowing air on his burnt fingers.

"it's okay, Jinyoung-ah, Let's get up," They both got up as Mark hurried to the stove.

Jinyoung sat down on the chair, eyes following Mark until he finished.

"I couldn't believe my eyes. Seeing you in the apron in our kitchen, you barely touch a plate. Do you have a party, hyung, which is AGAINST the rules by the way?" He asked, leaning on the table.

Mark took the seat next to him, shaking his head."No, I barely get out of my room ever since I landed in this city. I only know Jennie, Jaebum, my team manager, and you," He counted off his finger.

"So who are you baking to that much?" Jinyoung asked, eyes wide, finger-pointing at the filled table.

Little did he know that Mark himself just realized what he did.

He needed a distraction, something to blur the thoughts he was escaping from.

He wasn't sure when did he step in the kitchen or how many floors, butter, and eggs he had used. He was busy fighting his thoughts to disappear and failed.

"I made them for you, pass the rest to your friends and workmates," He lied with a fake smile.

"I will go to sleep, have a good day, Jinyoung-ah,"

"What? NO, you are eating with me!" Jinyoung demanded as he hurried to the cubicle to get two plates.

He got two glasses and filled them with orange juice, placing everything on the table.

"They look so yummy, thank you hyung," Jinyoung smiled while filling Mark's plate and his.

Mark chuckled as he slowly started eating, Jinyoung following him seconds after.

"How is work, Hyung?"

It was a simple question, but the way Mark's face went pale, swallowing hard that made Jinyoung wonder if he did something wrong.

Mark took a moment to speak, "It's okay, and I'm working on an important project with Nike,"

"Oh, my goodness! This is amazing! Congratulations, Aren't you happy?"

Mark looked down on his plate, turning quiet again, "Yeah I'm, that's my first big opportunity,"

'I'm happy, shouldn't I? I worked hard for this, I deserve it. Why am I so worried now?' he thought.

He suddenly felt full, unable to eat, his stomach wanting to throw up.

"I'm done eating, have a good day!" he managed to say before running to his room.

Jinyoung sighed, looking at the full plate. Mark never left his meal unfinished. That was another new thing to notice.

'What's wrong with him? Why he looked sad even though it was an excellent opportunity?' Jinyoung wondered.

■ ▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎ ■ D-3 : Unexplainable ■ ▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎ ■


"Mark, what are you doing?" Jinyoung asked while rubbing his eyes to shake off the tiredness.

Mark froze, hands clutched on the desk until he was moving.

He bit his lips nervously, turning to his roommate, "I'm moving my desk to the living room, is there something wrong?"

Jinyoung frowned, 'why the heck he is moving his desk to the living room he barely sat on?'

He shook his head, walking past Mark. He grabbed the other side of Mark's desk. Eyes finally met his.

He was taken aback, like he was expecting a scolding or a fight.

Jinyoung ignored it. He wanted to sleep and hoped Mark would have some too.

"Let's carry it together in 1 2 3,"

They placed the desk in the middle of the living room between the couch and TV.

He huffed; hands on his waist, eyes scanning the room to make a rearrangement without blocking the T.V. view.

"This won't work. Let's move the coach and move your desk to the corner," He suggested.

Mark nodded. He pushed the couch to the corner while Jinyoung moved the coffee table and the carpet.

Once everything was shifted, they made their way to the desk, placing it against the sidewall.

After that, Mark ran to his room to get his monitor, and the rest of his PC set up as Jinyoung watched him in confusion.

'What's wrong with him? Its 2:00 AM, What's he thinking?'

"Thank u for helping me," Mark said, snapping Jinyoung from his thoughts.

"It's ok, Can u wait until the morning next time? I thought u were a thief for a moment. It's pretty late to move such a heavy thing. Also, this is temporary, right?" Jinyoung asked, pointing at the desk separating them.

Mark scratched his neck in embarrassment. "Sorry, I will try to move it back soon, okay?"

"Why did you move it here in the first place? We keep our stuff in our rooms, rule number 2, remember?" Jinyoung grumbled, throwing himself in the coach.

"Because..." Mark stopped, keeping the reason to himself. "I just need to move it here for a while, I won't disturb,"

Jinyoung held the urge to press on the topic again as he stood back up, yawning.

"Whatever, don't break the other rules and sleep."

■ ▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎ ■ D-2 : Unpredictable ■ ▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎ ■


"Are you awake?" Jinyoung's eyes widened seeing Mark at 7:00 AM on his desk.

Mark's eyes transfixed on the monitor, his hand moving the mouse fast while his left hand tapping on the keyboard aggressively.

It wasn't the first time seeing Mark awake in such an hour. In fact, it had always been like that, but another thing shocked Jinyoung.

Unlike every time waking Mark up by dinner after sleeping the whole day, Jinyoung actually found him awake for the past three days. So, seeing him still awake was shocking.

Jinyoung approached the desk, knocking on it twice to get Mark's attention. Mark hummed, still focused on the screen.

"I'm talking here," Jinyoung waved in front of Mark's face to distract him.

Mark cursed Jinyoung under his breath. "What?" He glared.

"You haven't slept for days,"

"I know, so?" Mark arched his eyebrow, waiting for Jinyoung to continue like that wasn't an issue at all.

"So?? You should sleep. Have you lost your mind?"

"My sleep schedule doesn't break your rules, so what's your problem?" Mark yelled at him, furious.

" the rules, I'm talking about your health!"

"It's mine so mind yours!" Jinyoung scoffed, annoyed with Mark's unreasonable outburst. He nodded, sitting on the couch to tie his snickers' laces.

He sensed Mark glancing at him. "Are you jogging up today too?"

"Like every day, why? Does that bother you too?" Jinyoung mocked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter