Wait for me, My Love (1/1)

Safe In Your Arms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Wait for me, My Love  (Eunhae ft. Military)

 

10th October 2015

 

Lee Hyukjae hurried towards his apartment while pulling his cap low, effectively shielding his face. It was only when he was standing in front of his door did he feel a sense of relief coming over him.

 

That of course didn’t last long since as soon as he entered his home, he almost had a heart attack seeing that the lights were on when he clearly turned it off when he left. He cursed himself for reacting to it yet again, taking his cap and coat off, placing it on the table as he glanced at the intruder in his house in fond exasperation.

 

“You’d think one of these days I’d get used to you showing up unannounced.” He joked.

 

The said intruder was comfortably lying on Hyukjae’s sofa, wearing a plain white shirt and a pair of jeans, resting his head on his arm, looking like a model so effortlessly. 

 

Donghae smiled before opening his eyes to greet Hyukjae. However, the words seemed to get caught on his throat as he stared at Hyukjae completely bewildered. His jaw dropped.

 

“What?” Hyukjae asked defensively.

 

Feeling insecure, reach reached out to tug his locks down over his forehead but stopped midway remembering that there was no hair left for him to do that. 

 

“You...You...” Donghae trailed off, tears filling his eyes.

 

Hyukjae’s eyes widened as he rushed over to him, crouching down beside the sofa, cupping Donghae’s cheeks wiping the tears off with his thumbs.

 

“Hey there’s no need to cry about it.” He whispered softly. “You knew I had to get it done anyway. Come on don’t cry. I’ll let you tease me about it all you want.”

 

Donghae ran his fingers through the remnants of what used to be luscious auburn hair. Now it was cropped short revealing Hyukjae’s forehead. Donghae sighed.

 

“It’s really happening isn’t it?”He asked his voice breaking.

 

“It’s only for two years. Then I’ll be by your side for as long as you want me.” Hyukjae gently reminded. 

 

Donghae’s hand reached out to caress the other’s cheek. Hyukjae placed a soft kiss on the inside of his palm, smiling as he felt the cold metal of the ring against his face.

 

“After that we’ll have all the time we need.” He repeated, linking their hands together. 

 

Two matching platinum bands glistened holding a silent promise.

 

“Yes. Yes we will.” Donghae nodded murmuring almost to himself.

 

He shook the negative thoughts that were overwhelming him away, moving aside to give Hyukjae space in the couch. The other gladly joined, wrapping an arm around his waist placing kisses to the brunette’s wavy hair.

 

“You look like a monkey.” Donghae said after a minute of silence.

 

“I was waiting for you to start that.” Hyukjae chuckled.

 

“You always looked like one anyway. Now that you’re bald, you really do look like a monkey.”

 

“Yah! I’m not bald! I still have hair!” Hyukjae exclaimed. 

 

“Whatever you say.” Donghae said playfully, nuzzling against the other’s chest.

 

“Like you’d look any better with a military haircut.”  He scoffed.

 

“I will and we both know it.” Donghae teased.

 

“Yeah you will.” Hyukjae admitted smiling fondly. “Everyone knows that. You have nothing to worry about.”

 

Donghae immediately looked up and frowned. The other gazed at him with puzzled eyes.

 

“I was just kidding. You look good with short hair. Very manly.” He whispered. “The fans will think so too.”

 

Hyukjae’s plump lips spread into a gummy smile as he yet again wondered how the man in his arms knew exactly what he was feeling without him even having to voice his thoughts.

 

“It’s fine Hae. It’s just an old habit to care about public’s opinion on my looks. I don’t mind anymore. I only care about yours.”

 

“You shouldn’t care about my opinion either.” Donghae stated seriously, his frown deepening.

 

The other reached down to kiss his thin lips, hoping to erase the concern off his face.

 

“Well I do. You’re the most important person in my life, Donghae.” He said smiling.

 

Donghae couldn’t stop the blush spreading across his face at the others loving words.

 

“Well in that case, let me tell you. Lee Hyukjae you are the most beautiful precious human being I’ve ever met. You are good looking and you should never let anyone tell you otherwise.” Donghae said enunciating every word carefully.

 

Just like that, all the insecurities that stormed Hyukjae during the day disappeared with his lover’s words. 

 

“Thank you, Hae.” He murmured tightening his grip on the other as Donghae buried his head in his chest. “I love you.”

 

“I love you too.” Was the muffled reply.

 

•••

 

13th October 2015

 

Hyukjae stood in Chuncheon, Gangwon Province looking at the masses of fans gathered to send him off into the military. He honestly didn’t think that this many people would show up and felt touched by the encouraging shouts he received.

 

Leeteuk and Kangin were there with him, standing by Hyukjae one last time before sending him off. 

 

The leader was emotional, trying to mask his tears behind a pair of sunglasses that fooled no one.

 

“It’ll be over before you now it, Hyuk.” Leeteuk whispered as he hugged him. “Be safe and healthy. We’ll be waiting for you to come back to us.”

 

Hyukjae buried his head in the other’s shoulder savoring the familiar feeling of family before he got thrown into a completely new environment where he had to fend for himself.

 

Kangin then pulled Hyukjae into a warm embrace too, his eyes uncharacteristically filling up with tears.

 

“Be safe kid. Super Junior will be waiting for you.” He said gruffly.

 

Hyukjae felt his composure almost break as he realized that he was truely going to be alone from now onwards. He gripped the fabric of Kangin’s shirt tightly.

 

When he pulled away, Hyukjae felt an overwhelming sense of despair in the pit of his stomach as he faced the fans. He so badly wanted to ignore the horrible feeling but he couldn’t.

 

Because Donghae wasn’t there.

 

The vehicle that would drive him to the military base was supposed to arrive any minute now.Hyukjae stood by the door of his apartment, gaping at Donghae in disbelief.

 

“What do you mean you’re not coming to send me off?!”

 

Donghae sighed looking up at him with heart broken eyes as he reached out to adjust the collar of his lover’s hoodie.

 

“Hyuk, I can’t come.” He started his voice shaking in effort to keep his emotions under control. “You know that I’ll end up crying my eyes out and clinging onto you if I do. The both of us will end up doing something that’ll probably cause a scandal and the military will be living hell for us. And we’ll regret it for the rest of our lives.”

 

Hyukjae shook his head vigorously, refusing to admit the fact that Donghae was acting rationally. 

 

“I’ll behave myself.” He denied his lover’s words desperately, forcefully pulling Donghae into his arms. “You have to come with me. I can’t do this without you.”

 

“Hyukkie, I want to. I really do.” Donghae said tears streaming down his face. “We won’t be able to keep our relationship a secret if I come with you. And you know how homophobic the public is.”

 

“Well screw them!” Hyukjae cried out, letting out all the emotions he had been holding in. 

 

It was ironic how their thoughts switched just like that since it was usually Hyukjae himself who was cautious about revealing their relationship  while Donghae was more easy going.

 

“Please listen to me, Hyukjae.” He muttered. “It’s for the best. And deep down you know that too. It’s only two years and we can visit each other when we’re on vacation. We aren’t going to be separated forever. You’ll be fine in the army. You can adapt well to new things anyway.”

 

“I’m going to miss you.” Hyukjae sniffled, trying to wipe away the other’s tears even though he himself was crying himself.

 

“I’m going to miss you too.” The other replied his voice breaking. “Try not to fall out of love with me. We have a wedding to plan when we come back.”

 

Hyukjae stared at him in disbelief for a couple of seconds before slamming Donghae against the nearest wall and kissing the living daylights out of him, trying to convey his feelings through it.

 

“As if I could ever fall out of love with you, you idiot.” He said once they pulled apart with swollen lips and puffy eyes. “You’re always going to be my idiot.”

 

While furiously trying to blink back his tears, Hyukjae found himself running a hand through his short cropped hair trying to remember the way Donghae used to caress it.

 

He smiled at the cameras brightly, attempting to hide his watery eyes. 

 

Hyukjae thought that his reaction to being separated with Donghae would seem ridiculous to some people but when you leave a person who you love so dearly behind and enter a foreign world full of strangers you can’t help but desperately long for that one person who won’t judge you no matter what. The person who would stand by you through thick and thin.

 

Donghae walked him to the vehicle where Leeteuk and Kangin stood waiting for them. 

 

“This is it.” Donghae breathed out, trying not to burst into tears again. “Please be safe. Remember that I love you.”

 

Hyukjae wrapped his arms around Donghae pulling him to a tight hug.

 

“You be safe too. And stay healthy.” He murmured. “I love you, Hae. So much.”

 

Hyukjae shakily held the microphone as he greeted the fans.

 

“It’s so cold this morning but thank you for everyone who came out. It is the duty of every Korean man to defend their country so I will serve and come back safely.” He said. “Please be healthy while I’m away and I’ll return to my activities as Super Junior’s Eunhyuk after my service.”

 

I’ll return as Donghae’s Hyukjae. Wait for me till then, my love.

 

•••

 

15th October 2015

 

Donghae’s enlistment was slightly calmer. Since Hyukjae had already left he had no regrets of leaving the man he loved behind. He wasn’t really sure how he was going to manage being in a totally different environment, but he knew that he’ll somehow manage to pull through.

 

He grinned as he waved at Sehun, Suho, Chanyeol and Zhoumi who had come to send him off into the army. 

 

Sehun specially had been emotional, trying not to cry as he said his goodbyes to one of his most favorite Hyungs. They had all wished him a happy birthday before telling him that they’ll miss him.

 

Donghae suppresses all the emotions that were threatening to make an appearance instead had his head held high as he officially entered the military.

He knew that he was going to miss Super Junior and s dearly. After all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter