Can I stop calling you noona?

Noona

It is the last day of shooting for the drama Was it Love. Its been a 6 long and tiring shooting for the drama. Even though it is exhausting, as she need to do promotions for Intruder, Running Man shootings and other projects, Song Ji Hyo still feel satisfied.  But somehow, every time at last day of shooting she felt glad that it was over but somehow, she feels uneasy again.  She doesn’t know for sure what is it that she is feeling but its there lingering in her heart.  ‘I am an actress, I can do this.’ She calms herself and smile in front of the staffs.

‘Ji Hyo shi, we are having staff dinner after this, are you going with us?’ one of the PD ask her.

As far as she know, she doesn’t have a scheduled program tomorrow, but as she looks at her manager, she saw she was given a thumb up, she smile, ‘ yes, I wouldn’t missed it’.  After that she was approached by her fictional daughter and son for a selfie.

Unknown to her, someone was looking at her from far.

At the dinner, they are having a celebration for finishing their drama. One of the PD informing that their drama was well received in overseas too. All their hard works were paid off with this news. She felt glad she was able to act as mom to a teenage girl even though she is not even married.  All the staff are praising all the actors for their acting. In the midst of a conversation with Dasom  who sat beside her, suddenly she heard all of them chanting ‘ sing, sing’ to someone, and that someone is the one who is in front of her right now, Son Ho Jun who is so flustered and try to avoid their request.  She smiled to him and teasing ‘Ho Jun Shi, just go and sing, I heard you sang in Running Man before and you do have a lovely voice’.

‘Should I? ah, what song should I sing?’ he said standing from is chair and scratching his head. She just smiled to him and secretly anticipating.

Son Ho Jun chose I Miss You by Kim Bum Soo to sing. And while singing, his eyes met hers a few times, and she felt something flutter in her heart every time their eyes connect. ‘What is this?’ she said to herself.

Suddenly, she received a message from her manager saying that she heads home early as her son currently having a fever.  ‘great, now I need to take a taxi home’, she murmurs. It is not that she cannot hire a taxi but in the middle of the night is indeed scary for a single lady like her. And she is a little bit tipsy now because of the alcohol.  She turned her head towards her right and saw Dasom already asleep on the table.  ‘Perfect’, she sighs. ‘I can send you home’, she heard Ho Jun voice.

‘But you are drunk too. It’s okay, I..’ She tried to refuse.

‘No, I am not. I just have a glass of beer as I am driving myself home today’ he smiled. ‘Come noona, let me send you home’, he pulled his jacket from the chair and lead her the way.

‘Well, if you insist’, she smile. And before they go out, they said goodbye to the directors and staffs and walk out from the shop, and somehow, they heard the staff teasing them as they are leaving together. Both blushed but they did not notice each other. 

In the car, they happily talk about their finishing works and discussing their next project. And suddenly, silence is in the air. Finally, they arrived at Song Ji Hyo apartment building, ‘Well, this is it, you just can stop here’ Song Ji Hyo said breaking the silence. Unfasten her seatbelt, she said ‘Thank you Ho Jun shi for sending me home’.

Son Ho Jun, looked downwards, he said, ‘Can we stop using honorifics?’

Startled. ‘I don’t understand, Ho Jun shi. Why suddenly you said that?’

Finding his courage, he looked at her eyes. ‘I like you, Song Ji Hyo’

She looked at him dumbfounded.  He continued ‘I like you for a long time. Since the first day I met you in Running Man. At first, I thought like you because you are pretty.  That is why, when they offer me to act in the drama I agreed immediately. But after working with you, I just witness how beautiful of a person you are and that make me fall for you. Hard. And here I am not talking about your look, but rather your personality. Really.  I know, you must be shocked I confessed to you suddenly, but believe me, I am shocked too. I don’t know how I got the courage to talk to you about my feeling but if I don’t say it today, I don’t think I will have this kind of opportunity again.’

‘I am sorry Ho Jun, I am a little confused hearing this from you as you always shy in front of me. You do take care of me sometimes, but most of the time you tend avoid me.’

‘ah you do notice that too? I thought you don’t, giving your nonchalant nature. Well, I am sorry sometimes I avoid you, it just that sometimes after all I did it seems like you didn’t care.  I can’t help myself, sometimes I feel hopeless, as you did not noticed me. But most of the time I avoid you because I am shy and having a nervous breakdown. I am afraid I might do something that make you hate me later’, he looked down again. ‘I am sorry, I tend to talk too much when I am nervous’.

Song Ji Hyo just sat in silence. There was something on her face that Son Ho Jun unable to read.

‘I am sorry for forcing a confession to you. It is okay if you don’t like me now but you should know this. I am a very competetive person and it's  going to be hard to make me give up on you. I will try my best to make you like me. Just wait and see.’ Putting his hand in a fist, he said with determination.

Silenced.

‘Noona, you don’t..’

‘I think I like you too.’ She mutters

‘..have to answer..me.. now. Wait what?

Looking into his eyes, she said confidently, ‘I think I like you too’

startled, he looked back at her with wide eyes, he said ‘wait, really?’

She smiled and suddenly she become shy and avoiding his gaze. Awkwardly. ‘okay, I have to go now, good night’, she wants to get out of the situation immediately. However, before she manage to open the door, he grab her hands and turned her body to face him.

‘then, can I stop calling you noona? Can I call you my girlfriend?’

Feeling shy, she nods her head, ‘Yes, you can. For both.’

‘Ah, I am so happy. Then, does this mean we are dating, Ji Hyo ya? ah, I like calling your name already, hehe.’ he said euphorically.

Chuckling, ‘yes, we are dating, but I think. I don’t want people to know yet. i dont really know what will happento us in the future but let take this dating things slow, shall we?  It’s been few years since my last relationship so lets date secretly for now’.

‘Sure, we can date secretly until we are ready to annouce to the world. i can do that’, he smiled. ‘Now that you are my girlfriend, ah I still can believe I call you my girlfriend, there is something I want to do with you. But  it is only if you give your permission.’

‘What is it?’

‘May I kiss you now?’

‘Yes’

 

End.