halt! it's finish.

Let's stop, it's a dead end!

“Let’s stop here.”

The latter looked at her spouse, or soon to be former spouse and just smiled. Weird to see such a sight in times like this.

“Okay, when?” she grinned to the person who wanted a divorce.

She clears , trying not to look bothered or worse, freak out why she got this kind of reaction from her wife. “This weekend so clear your schedule.” she hopes that her wife won’t be an insensitive prick who thinks that this is just a joke. “And another thing, get a lawyer, Nayeon.” she added. 

“Is there anything else I need to do, missus?” Nayeon looks unbothered as if she doesn't care at all. 

“I guess there’s none for today, if you have questions, I'm at the kitchen or just contact an attorney that can help you.” Nayeon’s wife ended the discussion about their marriage, yet there’s still little hope that Nayeon will disagree with this idea, or make her change her mind at the last minute. Although they fell out of love, slowly drifted apart and this thing should ends here. Cutting ties for the both of them. 

Nayeon nodded and made her way into their cute mini fridge and opened it and got some butter because this is Im Nayeon, The butter biter “hmm...eggs, snacks, milk?” Nayeon taking a list of what she needs to buy for what they need next week and she is obliged to restock their supplies however the word ‘they’ will just be a memory for the both of them when they are officially and legally divorce.

“Have something to add on the list, Mina?” she asks as she fetches the keys on her way to their car, or Mina’s car, she’ll not be able to use it in the near future anyway.

“Just a few cardboard boxes.” Mina is really shoving on nayeon’s face that soon enough they will be separated, not only them but also everything they share or make them two as one. Nayeon still acts as if she’s oblivious or it’s completely fine with it.

Well it takes weeks. They both got lawyers and the hearing began after their “talk”. Jeongyeon was consulting her best friend again, for the third time, if she’s okay to be her lawyer since she’s friends with Mina. 

“Of course, you’re easy to talk to and she won’t have the fierce look and intimidating aura that I admit it really turns me on.” Nayeon talks, and steps inside the court with her friend or lawyer or lawyer friend?

Both parties and the people in court including the judge exchanges the formalities before it starts, Jeongyeon states about the shares and stuff that should be to Nayeon while on the other hand, it’s not a retreat. It’s a challenge, Mina’s lawyer discussed the things and possessions for Mina. The judge listens to them intently as it’s animatedly big eyes watching them. 

A few hours passed, the hearing ended without a fight or any violent reactions of the both parties and the judge looked like she wasn't displeased about the case, everything went smoothly, ha. Their stuff falls apart so smoothly. Angst.

“Look, you can just talk about it with Mina, even if it’s inevitable…it’s not late to cancel it, as long the court hasn’t approved yet.” Jeonyeon tries to convince nayeon but nayeon is hard headed, never wanting to make it a big deal and she has seen enough. Mina just wakes up with only one thing on her mind and that is work, and the extra work so when she comes back, she’s tired, just tired. Not hungry, clearly satisfied about her “work” and honestly she just needs to sleep, not a wife to tell about how’s work, to be affectionate with and spend it’s remaining energy for the day. Nayeon considers that. 

“Nope, see you on the next one.” Nayeon just simply answers Jeongyeon without any reason, I mean she already explained to her friends that she is just waiting for them to be separated, in that way Mina will never feel hurt in the process. With or without nayeon.

"Pabo." Jeongyeon just comment, there's really no avail how many times they persuade her friend to forfeit the divorce and just resolve it by counselling or having the 'talk'. This is the last chance she can get but fate wasn’t on her side.

"That's not the way in Mina's car." Jeongyeon pointed it out but Nayeon just laughed, the usual laugh in such an unusual time. 

"I have to go to my cousin, a little convincing again because she keeps nagging me that I should still continue it." Nayeon reasoned out as the two of them watched Mina start the auto and headed in the direction where it isn't the way to their home.

"Business." Nayeon's answer the obvious.

"Again?" Jeongyeon sighs exasperatedly, she was really in good terms with Mina but that doesn't mean she won't dislike her best friend's wife for doing this, like how Mina got the audacity to do this in front of Nayeon, shamelessly having an affair to do it over and over again when Nayeon's just turning a blind eye.

"Yep, Managing and stuff were really important to her." Nayeon said it but it hurts more to hear it from her own mouth, knowing what she means.

"Want me to drive you to your cousin's?" Jeongyeon offers as she changes the topic, never wanting to talk  anymore about the relationship of the couple.

"Nah, maybe I'll just interrupt your possible session with your fiance." Nayeon teases when she declines the offer. It makes Jeongyeon blush and didn't get the chance to say something because Nayeon just waves goodbye and quickly walks to the bus stop.

"Nayeon knows what's up."

"Shut up, Minatozaki."

"Oooh, that's a great start, darling~" Ms. Minatozaki cooed.

"Why did you accept to be Mina's lawyer anyway? You never really told me why." 

"Can we talk about it after doing our own case?" Sana held her hand and intertwined her fingers with Jeongyeon on their way to their ride.

"We are not doing it!" Jeongyeon was furiously blushing when Sana attempted to do it with her in the place they shouldn't.

"But you end up wanting to anyway~" Sana keeps seducing her even Jeongyeon is driving, she likes turning her on and the next day sana's fiance in the courtroom, defending herself because of the speed limit, it’s funny how sana make her break the law even she’s a lawyer. 

----

“Are you sure about this?. ” Mina just got out in the bathroom in someone’s apartment, her hair is still wet and somehow she really looks hot. She stares at the person who asks her with a frown. She walks to this someone and hugs her, the latter responds to her by hugging her.

“Of course. In that way we won’t hide any longer.Just few days after and we’ll be official” Mina states, already planning out about her relationship with the latter. She still cares about nayeon and she did feel guilty, really, for doing this to her wife but she isn’t also regretting she’s taking this risk with someone, someone who can understand her and willing to spend her time with her. Something that her wife doesn't have and will never have. 

“Mitang….we both know you still love your wife.” 

“Mo, that doesn’t mean I still have the guts to stay with her. I don’t want us living in a lie, living on the same roof yet rests in different beds and we both knew it. She distance herself, she was now a complete stranger and I feel that way too when she looks at me. It’s just…. I don’t want to spend another day with a woman who has nothing but a goodbye or even a good-riddance that is just waiting for me.” Mina rants, I mean she did explain but mostly ranting why she feels that way, why she did those things and why this is the best decision for both of them and for everyone too.

‘Then why you still feel that way, you are just using me as a scapegoat.’ Momo thought but never said it out loud for she’s in fear that Mina would hate her, if this is the only thing she'll have just to be with Mina, then it’s fine. As long as she can be with the person she really loves, it’s alright, she’ll endure it.

“So please, don’t worry about me and nayeon?” Mina steals a kiss from Momo who didn’t resist from its charm, she kisses her with passion and longing as her arms snake around on Momo’s waist, touching the other girl’s buttocks. 

They were in heat of the moment, tongues clashing, hands finding their way to put off the clothes as the night slowly passed by, they were lost in their own world. Kisses and noises were filled in the room, Mina kissing Momo in every part and inch of Momo's body while Momo teasing her partner’s private parts such as ample bosoms heaving as she heard the fast rhythm of her partner’s beat and down to her core. Momo steps up in their game and put her tongue inside Mina's delicate bud, the flower once nayeon in to taste the sweet honeysuckle of Mina. The blonde moans in pleasure as her secret lover keep touching her weakest point, unable to resist. Momo s her finger in and out, every second she make it faster and faster, making Mina lose her mind.

"I-im…!" Mina feeling herself to let out an which momo makes her stop a little but continues afterwards until Mina reached her .

"Love you." Mina mutters under her breath, Momo didn't miss it and simply musters a smile, she watches the blonde fall in a deep slumber after their sinful acts behind Mina's wife and real partner. 

"You're making it hard for me to stay, mitang." Momo tucks a strand of hair in Mina's ear to stare Mina's captivating beauty like a living art, an art with abstract and constellations. She kisses the top of Mina's head and force herself to sleep and forget who Mina unconsciously calls its name. (Yes mimo shippers this is whatchu got, a tragic ship vs also tragic ship)

The rays of sunshine peeking through the bedroom window, waking our sleeping beauty in it's rest. Mina grunts as she tries to find comfort by someone but has found none. She slowly opened her eyes since being disappointed was enough to start her day, Mina set her mind on the things she actually always does in the morning; Tend herself and have breakfast on her way to work.

This morning was actually different though, seeing the possession of her wife neatly placed at the table in her other partner's apartment sends a chill on her spine and arising panic how Nayeon's camera got here, of course Mina isn't dense. It means Momo and Nayeon already knew each other, but why Nayeon gave this to Momo when this thing was a treasured object for Nayeon, it's Chaeyoung's gift to them on their wedding. It hits Mina, sudden guilt washed over her. She notices there's not only a camera but a note with a familiar handwriting saying 'I'm sorry I leave early, you look peaceful when you sleep and I don't want to ruin that. The camera might be familiar, so see it for yourself mitang~' 

She turns on the camera and observes, the recent photos were deleted or maybe she lost track of it since they haven't used it for a while now. The camera seems to only have videos so she opens the first video she sees and pops up the newly weds surrounded by the boxes. 

"Is it working?" Nayeon questions herself while speculating if it's already filmed. 

Mina thinks Nayeon look cute for a moment, like a curious bunny who is amused at the thing she got.

"If that doesn't work, you should! We got a lot of work to do Mrs!!" Mina shouts that makes nayeon smile at the camera.

"Yep it's rolling" Nayeon feel proud as she lift the camera and walk around to see her Mrs. Im "say 'Nayeon is really pretty so I marry her~!'" Nayeon laughs as she takes a video of Mina.

"Nayeon is a lazy but I still marry her~" Mina comments instead as she visibly puts a fake smile in front of the camera then put down a box. The camera was placed somewhere they can be both recorded, Nayeon walked closer to Mina and gently kissed her "we can set aside those boxes and do our honeymoon first." Nayeon said to Mina while hugging her.

"No."

Nayeon pouts and follows her wife's instructions. She start to unpack and everything she see that seems important to them, she shows it in the camera like the plushie that nayeon tried to win for Mina but fails so Mina get it for her but she cried more because her competitive got beaten and it should be her that giving it to mina. The clothes that Mina owns when Nayeon loves to smell it because there's still the scent of Mina's, the Legos make nayeon cry because she keeps stepping on it. There's still a lot that nayeon displays but it got in Mina's nerve so she got this idea.

"Nayeonnie~" Mina calls on Nayeon who is in the middle of filming their first move in to their home. Nayeon look at Mina's direction and the camera clearly caught nayeon smiling earlier was now wide eyed, blushing and as if there’s a lump in , She didn't say a word and nayeon continued to unpack but a little quicker now, Mina smiled in triumph that her idea was successful, just make Im Nayeon arouse and she'll do whatever you want. 

"Damn it Im Mina, you know how to control me, you big bully.” Nayeon whispered as the camera keep rolling. "How can I turn off this thing?" Nayeon's last question on the video when she keep pressing some button to finish the recording.

"Sit on our usual spot like we used to every morning."

The video ended with that message and it makes Mina more surprised why Nayeon make effort this late, a little too late.  She just set the camera down on the table and started to move, dress herself and yeah, she often spent the night here in momo’s place so she got some clothes here. Mina walked out in the apartment and headed to the cafe they used to, she also bring the camera with her in case maybe there's something more about like the video earlier, Mina thinks it's stupid that Nayeon once again effort in this relationship, it's already withering, no need to put sunlight or water to save this dying relationship.

She arrived and see the cafe that she and her wife used to be here before they went to their own businesses, it still have the atmosphere of welcoming anyone, the comforting tone of umber-colored exterior as she walked inside, the familiar heaviness of the door while the bell chimes as Mina enters. She look for the spot they used to, it really brings back the old times of how the dim lights compliments the color of the interior with the scent of dirty beans and the mellow mood of the scene, the vinyl tiled floor that Nayeon used to love of how she admire the design and with her stupid reason that she was in ease to walk with this for it reminds of her childhood. Mina finally found the usual spot empty, she didn't know why it was a relief, maybe being following nayeon’s order wasn't bad after all. The nostalgia floods, there's still the floral shop that is in front of here, it reminds her about the flowers that nayeon gives her when they come here, every three different flowers for the day and that’s a sweet gesture she loved from nayeon, those sweet little gifts she received from her wife, before. 

“For a pretty girl, she deserves the pretty flowers out there ” someone says as she hands out different flowers to Mina with a coffee on the other hand.

“Is this a treat dahyun-ah?” There's a tone of playfulness along the subtlety of sadness since that kind of phrases and words nayeon used to say before handing out its presents. Mina accepts the coffee while Dahyun occupies the vacant seat at Mina's table.

“Pfft, I wish it is, but my boss will kill me.” dahyun laughs as she puts down the flowers next to the camera which dahyun asks “ wow, what makes you bring that camera, unnie? Going to take a picture of me?”  dahyun began to make funny poses which mina giggles before answering the younger’s question.

“I miss going here, lately I am really stuck on the pile of work so I didn't get the chance to drop by and also, what’s with the flowers, want me to do you a favor~?” Mina talks as the flowers bring a smile on Mina’s face, the scent of aster, camellia and carnation are both red ones. “Actually it’s Nayeon’s request. Even the coffee, she always comes here and ordered the coffee you like. The sickening sweet gestures of that bunny unnie.” mina frowns, this day is getting weirder and weirder, it seems nayeon has something to do all of this, she tried not to assume things. Nayeon is incredibly confusing, she seems okay at the divorce yet doing this as if she’s trying to win her back. 

“But I didn’t come here when…..” mina paused, unsure if she could say it to the eagle eyed (ironically) girl.

“When you both being distanced and just started fooling around? She already suggests that if you don’t come around here, we can keep it or just display it and about the coffee, it will be given to the first person who’ll sit on your spot,” Mina left astound, she feels like she got punch on her guts about knowing Nayeon still tried, maybe that’s why nayeon leave early in the morning which is unusual for that girl to be up in the morning, Mina feels she’s being kind of selfish. 

“Does she come here with someone?” Mina don’t know how she found those words, but after that being said, she is terrified that nayeon has someone. Dahyun looks at her as if she says something weird,

“Hmm…” dahyun pretends she’s in deep thought, observing her unnie’s reaction. Any fleeting moment, the anxiety increases of mina’s, she’s sweating a little bit and dahyun finally answers 

“yes.” 

Mina feels like the world falls on her, it’s heavy, making her breathless that she can’t form words to say. She tries to force a smile but Dahyun continues “with other directors, she’s sharing her plays or incoming ideas for her team and I didn't mean to eavesdrop but….she wanted to put all the money on your account she will receive for the final play.”  final? She said there’s a lot of things going on, her schedules are full now since she’s a famous director which Mina is proud of-----before when things got out of hand, but final? 

“She looks like doing good things as if she’ll die.” dahyun added which makes mina frown, Dahyun’s boss calls our tofu. Dahyun stand up and smiles to Mina “and another thing mina-unnie, when the day comes you are no longer committed to each other, you can still come here and be in the very own spot you are sitting, and I might just bring home the flowers Nayeon brought here if its bothering you, we all know that those things should be for you yet we add it as a decor.” Dahyun advises, taking her leave.

“Wait dahyun-ssi, do you know why nayeon brings this camera?”  Mina asks, eager to know if dahyun could reveal more about nayeon. It is funny, she could’ve asked her wife but can’t put herself into.

“Hmm, sorry unnie, I don’t know anything but she only says she's just gonna talk to tzuyu about the camera the last time I asked her. Is there a problem? I should tell bro that the camera-----sorry mina unnie, I need to go now, don’t want my boss seulgi turns in to monster” Dahyun answers hastily before running again to work because her boss calls her for the second time. 

Weird, Mina thought. she knew tzuyu is a programmer and it’s obvious tzuyu does the little message at the end of the video she watched earlier. Maybe she’ll go to tzuyu first after work, mina planned as she stayed for a moment at the cafe.
***
“Momoring, when will you stop ignoring me?” Mina tries to keep up with the pace of momo. Momo doesn’t answer and keep walking as if she doesn’t hear mina.

“Please….can we talk about it…?” mina helplessly convince momo but the latter curled her fist, containing her rage, she don’t get mad at mina because of stupid things, or she does, or when it is too much, seeing mina with the flowers and the camera in her hand, mina changes their plans and most of all, it’s their date, but mina just roams around because of the stupid intentions of her soon to be former spouse.

“Do you know what day it is today?” 

“Eh?” momo finds mina dumb-founded, she smiled in anguish as she stares at mina confused eyes, never got a clue what she had said.

“Do you know how important this day is to me?!” Momo snapped, she have met nayeon, and it is stupid that she can’t help but to feel insecure, who wouldn’t want to go back to the person who can give you anything every single day of her life as if she’s running out of time, it is absolutely no wonder Mina can’t help falling in love with her wife again, she is certain that she can’t beat nayeon. She can’t even make Mina not talk about nayeon when the blonde is with her, and now she clearly sees that her presence isn’t enough for Mina to stay. Another thing to realize that she was wrong for she is still holding on to the person who will never be in her arms.

“.....” Mina didn’t say anything. She is quick-witted, but her realization fails her, Momo is on the verge of tears and Mina badly wants to hug her and comfort her but she knows Momo will retract if she makes a move.

“I don’t understand it. I know I am not that smart like Nayeon, I might not be humorous, I might be awkward but why…. Am I that difficult to love, mitang?” Mina avoids to look in momo’s desperate and teary eyes, they both knew this wouldn’t last but momo hopes that there’s no harm to try but she didn’t think that the result of loving someone was too painful. “Or is letting her go is too difficult for you?” Momo’s words stab Mina through the heart (yiee, shot through the heart). She didn’t know momo feels that way, she wants to make it up to momo for making her feel like that, worthless and easy to replace.

“Moguri, I…that’s not it, I know I don’t have the right to say it but you shouldn’t feel that way, because at the end of the day I choose you,.” 

“ but in the end, your heart still belongs to her. Even you’re with me right?” 

Another hit for mina, she didn’t knew she’s not only a gamer but also a player hurt momo this much, Mina can’t stand this, she don’t want this happening between them, her impulsiveness decides just want to run away, that her flight reaction was a best option but she can’t feel herself to get away where she’s standing, maybe knowing that fleeing in this argument will be one way ticket for her not to see momo again. She needs to fix it, Mina is determined but filled with uncertainty.

“Then why did I plan to get a divorce? It’s you, because I choose you, I don’t blame you for thinking that but please, believe me…” mina slowly walked close to momo “I have love you more than my wife, I need you more than anything, I am sorry for forgetting our special day…I swear i’ll make it up to you.” Mina slowly reaches momo’s hand, holding it with both hands. Momo wanted to get mina’s hand off on her but she just….can’t, because of someone's words. 

“Please stay with her, because I know I can’t. Plus the fact, her biggest fear is being left alone.”

Momo didn’t struggle when mina pulled her into hug, she is too tired to fight and guilt will absolutely washed over her if she opens , for sure she’ll be too honest about her feelings if she continue arguing with mina, her outburst would hurt them both if she said that Mina got that gummy smile she haven’t seen a while and the flowers she’s holding might be the reason of it, how Mina already set goals in going to someone because of nayeon’s acts instead staying with her in their date, how the Manager’s eyes look so bright and hopeful of what’s next in nayeon’s surprise. She hated it.

“I love you Mina.” Momo breaks, she can’t make herself stop crying, I mean who wouldn't? When the reason is in front of you. But it would hurt more if that person is completely gone and don’t have a chance to see ‘em again.

“But I think I need to be alone for now.”

“But---” Mina’s but was interrupted by Momo's tired smile.

“It’s okay, it’s not a big deal. For starters, our relationship wasn’t that important anyway.” Momo added. 

“Momo…”

“Don’t worry about me, I’m going now.” Momo walks away, she didn’t let Mina talk because the latter is good at persuading, like her wife. Mina was left there, a tinge of pain and fear when she watched momo decide to go on without looking back. However, there’s a figure who is waiting for momo that Mina badly wanted to check who it is yet her feet betrayed her, she didn’t make a move. She sighs, maybe doing this is the right thing, it’s the least thing she can do for momo. 

“Why so glum, chum?” 

“Minatozaki-san?” 

Sana smiled at momo and put her arm in momo’s shoulder. It’s still weird for momo that sana treat her as friends with her albeit acknowledging she is the secret lover of Mina. 

“Why are you here? Are you alone?” 

“No~ My soon to be wife is running errands and I tagged along. It’s been such fate for us to meet again!” Sana exclaimed, making momo smile a little. “I swear you’re my soulmate!” 

“And your wife’s not?” Sana laughs at momo’s question. “She's half of my everything so…. nope!” 

“I am going now first, it is nice seeing you” Momo said but in such Momo’s dismay, sana’s wife arrives, with the glare daggers that adds in Momo’s plate. 

“Hirai.”

“Prosecutor.” 

“Isn’t your date with mina today?” Jeongyeon wonders without sarcasm, and both of the japanese were surprised because Jeongyeon is talking to Momo so casually and she also knows it’s their special day.

“Mina and I….haven’t actually planned anything.” sana pouts while jeongyeon have this smug look on her face. “Have fun studying and preparing what I needed for my three cases.” jeongyeon smirks saying it. Momo wanted to ask what’s the fuss all about. 

“We just place our bets on….” jeongyeon is unsure to continue it. 

“Your plans are getting cancelled or not.” sana finished the sentence, still pouting and jeongyeon almost gave in to her wife’s charms. 

“But we are not making you fun and all, that’s too mean, we just know..... Mina has always been enthusiastic when Nayeon makes a surprise for her, and on the other hand, someone believes that Mina will set aside the fun of mysteries.” Jeongyeon explained, she was really bragging that she wins. “You even call yourself her best friend” Jeongyeon mocks her as she pretends she’s disappointed in her wife. 

“Minari’s love for momo-chan is more than the tricks of your best friend pulling!” Sana defends, Jeongyeon just laughs. 

 "Oooh, that's a great start, darling~” jeongyeon mimicked what her wife had said. Momo is about to leave the two since she feels her presence wasn't needed anymore. 

“You’re not going anywhere Hirai, you’ll come with us.” Jeongyeon speaks up again but now talking to momo with an honest smile on her face, Momo is still hesitant about joining them.

“You’ll don’t regret it!” Sana convinces Momo as well, clinging her arms into the blue-haired girl. 

“Why are you doing this?” Momo once again feels pity for herself. 

“Because we want to, not only because of nabongs' request. You are an important person for both of them, and if you’re important to them that also means you’re important to us too.” 

“Nayeon requested you to?” Momo is feeling too much guilt, she knows that nayeon knows they are cheating. Mina’s wife saw them two years ago, when Mina stays at her office because it’s their first year being together, with the candle-lit room (could cause fire hazard) and a sound in the background does really help them to set up the mood. They were busy making out in mina’s desk. While mina is distracted, momo notices someone’s silhouette and she knows it’s her wife because of the ring in its hand, clutching a paper bag that should’ve been for mina, a snack or a dinner she brought. The blonde is busy managing her urges with momo that she barely knows what is really happening, or hear the uncontain feelings and cries of her wife, even the quiet pleas of momo to stop even if she wanted to do more, at least to show she still has decency. 

“Yeah, despite knowing you and Mina have an affair, I can use you to defend nayeon.” jeongyeon bluntly said it to momo, yeah, she’s being friendly to momo but she didn’t exactly pinpoint she won’t hold grudges in mina’s paramour.  

“Yah! Jeong, stop scaring her!” Sana scolds at jeongyeon, since our ostrich is whipped, she didn’t say a word.

“I think I need to go.”

“No.” the couple insists in sync. Boom rhymes.

“We can really let you go but today is important for you, and we need to make sure you’ll be happy for this day, you’ve stayed with Mina when nayeon can’t.”

“And never will.” sana, dear, stop foreshadowing.

“AND she is grateful that you came in our penguin’s life, it seems Nayeon has predicted it will be ruined because of her.”

Momo understands what they mean, Nayeon also reveals what her condition is, and it for the readers they don’t get it, might get a clue but who knows. 

“You are going to be part of our family, or friends? Or whatever you call it.” Jeongyeon finishes her message, embarrassed to show her soft side that only few people know.

“Yeah momoring! So...how did you make a myoui mina fall in love? Such a charmer aren’t ya~” Sana intertwined her fingers around momo and of course, Jeongyeon too, she’s a cute jelly when it comes to her wife. They kept walking, not paying attention where they headed.

Momo tells their tales with Mina, starting at the day they met with glares and magic turns to the ugly truth of sin and madness that falls in a pretty ed up situation. Yada yada yada, let’s go now with mina. 

Change of scene! 

Mina aimlessly wandering in the night, the streets seemed so lively and bright under the night skies yet it wasn’t enough for her to cheer up, her feet just walking around and somehow it led her to the place that once got her so…. alive.  She contemplates if she’ll go inside or not, surprisingly she met the young couple in their group of friends.

“Mina-unnie, you really look for it huh?” Chaeyoung’s weird way of greeting to start this. Chaeyoung handed out a thousand won at tzuyu. 

“That happens when you hang out too much with sana.” tzuyu put the money in her pocket. At least not the bragging type of winner unlike her 2nd favorite unnie. “---unnie” she added since chaeyoung holds her hand a little too tight .

“What do you mean? You also know that nayeon would do this?” Mina asks and the couple concludes mina doesn’t realize they know all about the affair and the failing marriage, except dahyun, they know that tofu would sermon and preach them then barged in the married couple’s house to act as a marriage counselor to save their relationship. 

“You still care for her mina-unnie. Let’s eat first before we talk about it.” tzuyu offers with a real smile, which the both blondes think it’s cute to see the youngest is really happy when she’s with mina. Mina nods, if she had a bad date with momo tonight, at least this two saves her to call this day as bad as their marriage.

They exchanged some casualties first while waiting for their food, Mina once asks again about the bets they put. 

“She is as surprising as ever, unnie. And still dumb like her apprentice.” 

“Yah! i’m not dumb!” 

“Yes you are, my dum-dum”

Even though it was silly, Chaeyoung blushes that she almost forgot that their unnie is in front of them. 

“But you act like mina-unnie, still love me even though i’m with a lot of women.” Chaeyoung boasts, tzuyu’s loving gaze turns into threatening one “I swear, Chou Chaeyoung, if you allow again an pose of a model to shoot, I'll make sure that you won’t ever want to do it again.” tzuyu warned her fiance “nor wanting to hold that camera ever again.” ooooh~ want some fanfic about this? 

“Yes ma’am.” that’s the only thing comes out in chaeyoung’s mouth after being a gay mess. 

Mina giggles as she watches the couple fussing over such a trivial thing which reminds her that they used to act like this in their first year as spouses, or even before they got married. Now she wonders what happened to them, why the sparks gone, why it fades? 

Tzuyu fished out something in the pocket of her coat. She finally got it and slid it out on the desk. It’s a drive. “Nayeon-unnie wanted me to give this when you actually get the first video.” first? Does that mean she got more? Mina thought. 

“how’s work by the way unnie?” tzuyu ended the topic about their marriage while chaeyoung started to dig in when their food was already served. 

“It was fine but there are new recruits so it’s been a handful for some time. I really missed dahyun and you two so seeing you today makes me really happy.” Mina smiles as she just usually eats with the huge hint of sophistication. They talked about anything about their lives and the two obviously trying not to bring up they have a clue about Mina's other partner. Their night didn’t stay forever, they eventually split apart. The two called a cab since Mina forgot her car in momo’s apartment, then they took a long walk because momo’s unbearable pain that Mina will look again for the next act of her wife, I don’t really plan out the setup lol.

Mina walks again, not knowing the path leads her way to her home this time. She unlocked the door and found no one, just a few cardboard boxes almost filling out while the room was now half-empty. The designs, posters and useless things nayeon bought was now placed in those boxes and Mina never felt this like before, it’s too much. The dreams they made were now just a nightmare. Mina didn’t notice her eyes are already expresses what she is suppressing for a while, she is trying so hard to deny that she is not in love with nayeon anymore but nayeon itself always prove her wrong, speaking of that bunny, Mina remembers the drive tzuyu gave her earlier, she immediately looks for her laptop and set it up. She insert the drive and saw some pictures of them and alas! There’s a video file waiting for Mina to open it.

The video started of nayeon who is still not familiar with the camera.

“Why is it so hard to take a video? wait, it’s rolling, all good.” Nayeon talks on camera as she uses her other hand picking a box with its extravagant wrapping. She’s smiling so wide while walking close to someone, it is Mina who is sulking in the corner. 

“We're going to prank her! Let's see how she reacts.” Nayeon’s whisper-shouted in the video, and when she finally get close to Mina she called her. “Babe, I got something for you~” 

“I’m not in the mood, nayeon.” 

‘Well that’s why I want to give this to you. It will make your mood better~” 

Mina eyed her and Nayeon’s hand are now trembling a little bit, holding her present. Mina cautiously accepts it and opened it. Oh boi, such disappointing it was, it is only a set of pictures of nayeon acting cute and selcas. 

“See? Such a beautiful thing to receive~” Nayeon laughs and the camera is shaking but it still caught the smirk on Mina’s face. 

“But I already got you. What else is more beautiful than to receive? Unlike these pictures, I can actually kiss you.” Mina stops sulking and starts to come at the blushing nayeon, yeaaah it’s also caught in the camera since Mina dropped nayeon’s prank gift to her and just holds the device and focuses on nayeon. Nayeon was slowly stepping backwards when Mina took a step forward with a smirk and there we go! Our bunny got cornered by the penguin! Mina steals a kiss on her wife, a long and searing kiss that Nayeon almost forget her real present to Mina. “or more than kissing.” Mina’s hand snaking around inside Nayeon's shirt. How nayeon wants to continue it but giving the gift is the thing she just can’t wait. 

“Hun, how much I wanted to let this thing…”

“Where’s my confident wife~” 

“Where’s my kind and loving wife who doesn’t bully me?!” 

“Okay, okay. what do you want to say before you make my day.”

“Actually I got another present waiting in for you in the living room.” Nayeon confessed.

“You don’t know how to give up huh.”

“Just trust me!” nayeon’s loud voice makes Mina irritate a little which Nayeon quickly notices and just mutters sorry. Mina went to the living room and another box wrap but this one is simple. Mina rolled her eyes before opening it again but it was changed into wide eyed and soon a teary ones.

“A gaming console?” 

“Yeah, I bought two since PlayStation and Xbox are really good, I almost end up just buying the nintendo? Is it nintendo?” Nayeon explains as she got confused by the names of consoles, she just gonna add it on her list of reasons why technology . “Also, a little reward for you doing a great job even if they didn't hire you.” “gosh, those 20 companies don’t know what they just have lost.” Nayeon is still upset why the companies reject her wife, I mean Mina is nervous, up-tight but she is reliable and can make a great team. 

“Soooo, take a break for a while. I know I got jealous because you spend more time on those games which I don’t understand, but for now, let them do the magic to make you happy.” Nayeon added “and make the bed cold while you are busy on those games.” Nayeon whispers to herself which Mina rolls her eyes again then hugs her thoughtful partner.

“But what about….”

“I can take care of those, I handle a whiny baby, how much more the expenses.”

“Are you referring to yourself? Because if you do, you’re lying.” Mina joked as she kissed nayeon, still passionate but more genuine not like the first one. 

“Thank you, Nayeon…” Nayeon just hugged her wife because it will definitely cry---- nevermind, Mina was already emotional so she just tapped Mina’s back. “I love you Mina, so if you’re being weak, it’s alright. I don’t need you to be strong if it will hurt you more, I prefer you to be who you are or what you are. I mean I'm not saying you’re weak but like----” Nayeon starts to ramble but Mina cupped nayeon cheeks to reassure her there’s nothing wrong with whatever she has said. Nayeon sighed and started to talk again “The very least thing I would do is change you to be the person who’ll change itself for everyone, they don't know that this woman in front of me is perfectly flawed…. Despite having the pretty face….” Uh-oh, the starts here. 

Too bad the camera is just settled in the coffee table which is the best spot to see what’s gonna happen but I won’t detail it down, yep the narrator speaking.

“So please, mina. Please, you are stronger than you think, I’m not used to seeing you sad and in this kind of mood, I don’t know what I should do or if there’s anything I can do to make you feel better. I am also hopeless if you are also losing hope to yourself.” Nayeon spills her thoughts and fears to Mina who just hugs her. They stay there for awhile as if the world stopped just for them. 

The camera still rolls but the screen turns black again with a little note. Mina followed again what the note says, she went to their bedroom and a small box laying next to their lamp shade. Mina opens the tiny box and there’s a ring inside. ing hurts doesn’t it readers? she seems proposing again but you know what? There’s a scribble.

At first it wasn’t readable until Mina understood what it said: “it’s not mine, but I want this to be yours. Keep it, don’t ever lose it.” 

Mina did not waste time, she put the ring immediately to her another ring finger. She wanted to text nayeon, or call her, or even forfeit their divorce and make things right but how about… momo. She is torn into two, she wanted to make things right but her feelings were blocking all the logic that would help her to decide. She keep thinking until the dusk turn into dawn She is sluggish, dark circles beneath her beautiful brown eyes. She decides to talk to nayeon again to find answers. She did the usual stuff in the morning except getting the car keys, she walked in the near bus stop and went to the court. She took a day off from work today or for a month or two, we’ll never know but at least she finds sana waiting for her. 

“Mina-yah~!” Sana cheerfully calls her as she run towards Mina and hugs her. She will really needed it later.

“Sana…” The blonde called her back as she accepts the hug from her best friend. 

“It’s really happening huh? We are here, the close case for the intimidating couple.” Sana’s eyes travel in her client’s hand, the new ring looks elegant and it really fits on her finger. 
“Come on, they must be waiting for us.” Sana takes Mina's hand and walks inside. Sana feels Mina’s hand are cold and quivering, sensing that Mina is scared, no, terrified. 

“Mina you can do it, even if she's not part of your life now or what will happen after this, we are here.” Sana reassures, she was being a lawyer for years along with her wife in case she needs a hand and she never shown any emotions when it comes to her client, without attachment but knowing how this one ends and knowing the reason why it does need to end, she don’t know if she can hold it any longer especially she’s the person who’ll voice out what she really feels. 

Mina scans the room and her wife----- ex wife wasn't there since jeongyeon is the only one who is sitting at the other side. They wait for few minutes for the judge then the last hearing starts. 

“We will start without Nayeon?” Mina whispers to her lawyer, she’s clearly worried why nayeon sometimes misses the hearing or any meeting. 

“We have to. The world keeps revolving without her, so does the hearings. The judge will only look at the summarized papers, she didn’t require the attendance of the other spouse of yours, my client.” Sana curtly stated, not being the usual Minatozaki her best friend used to know. 

An hour later, the hearing ended and also the case was now officially closed. Sana didn’t wait for her or celebrate for them that Mina is ready now to love someone without fear and the judgement will be silent even though she was well known to be the only woman of the director. Although, Sana bids a goodbye to her and now she is waiting for a cab but a familiar person sits next beside her. 

“jeongyeon-unnie.”  Mina greets her as she bow her head a little. Jeongyeon pats Mina’s head when she bowed down and ruffles her hair a little. 

“Just be happy, mina. Choose to be happy because Nayeon keeps choosing that even though it hurts for the both of you.”  Jeongyeon said with a gentle tone yet she still sounds so sentimental and strict. 

“Aren’t you angry or mad or upset with me? I broke your best friend’s heart, our relationship and I got Sana to be my lawyer….” 

“And you cheated too.” jeongyeon thought but she keeps it to herself and just simply comforts mina who is tearing up. 

“Even if you become the worst person, I’ll keep forgiving you and accept you because I'm your unnie and a friend, not because I'm only a friend of the person who used to be your partner in life. Yes I'm really upset with what you’ve done and also what she’d done, we are in the middle of this but…. I can’t stay mad at you, you’re my imouto and you are the best friend of my soon to be wife so it’s really impossible” imouto means younger sis in jap .---.  And also Jeongyeon offers her a smile, just a smile, not fake but also not real. 

“Take this.” Jeongyeon opens her briefcase and gives her a VCR, such an oldie like her best bunny. 

“Tzuyu might have mentioned that you have to see videos from Nayeon right? That’s the last thing to see her last record.” 

“Why is she doing this?” Mina asks, frustrated. It’s done, what’s the deal for nayeon to do this, they are no longer a couple. 

“Maybe the answer is in that tape, she didn’t exactly tell me why.” Jeongyeon lied, nayeon might have seen this coming but never ask any favors, maybe nayeon knew her damn well, she and jihyo that they won’t go to rat it out. 

“Let me take you home, unless you have to go somewhere  first.” Jeongyeon says, looking in her watch. There’s still time for her to see the blonde being calm before the storm. 

“Um…” Mina is hesitating, she wanted to talk to momo that maybe for a while, she has to stop. They need to stop. Or cool off because she need to fix things, repair the broken and stop from breaking another person but her eagerness to watch the last thing nayeon did for her deceive her also the fact, it seems rude to drop by in momo with Jeongyeon, the reason why she have to divorce nayeon for her to be with momo. 

“You actually don’t have a choice, Jihyo drove the kids in your place since Nayeon asks them to get her stuff so Jihyo had no choice but to give them a ride.” Jeongyeon said as she didn’t wait for Mina to give an answer since Jihyo already texted her. 

“But I see sana takes your car…” 

“That’s why we are waiting for a cab right?” 

“Don’t you have another client to take care of?” 

“Well I’d take a rain check today just like Jihyo.” Jeongyeon gets themselves a cab and hopped in, then mina follows like a lil penguin. 

None of them talked on the ride, Jeongyeon took a glance at her companion who is trying really hard to stay awake. Jeongyeon pulls Mina gently into her lap. 

“It might not be the best position to sleep but it will give you enough rest. I’ll just wake you up when we get there.” Mina’s exhausted eyes still look up to Jeongyeon but the only thing she sees is Jeongyeon looking out now in the window while its fingers her hair which helps her to be engulfed by the warmth and darkness. 

“Mina, wake up. We’re here.” Jeongyeon pokes her cheeks to wake her up, Mina squints her eyes a little bit, being dazed in the moment. Jeongyeon almost guide her on her way out to the cab but she did it well so Jeongyeon just pay the driver and exits the cab. Jihyo looks as if she’s waiting for them who wears an expression of distress, making it obvious that the kids give her a hard time. Jeongyeon went to Jihyo to check her up.

“Mina, You can go first, I’ll just talk to Ji.”

“Oh good you’re here, I thought you diddle-daddle on your way and good to see you again, Ms. Myoui.” Jihyo complains and formally greets Mina while the latter does a small hand wave before entering her house. 

“How’s dahyun? She’s really the stubborn one than chae.” 

“Good thing bribing works for her.” 

“It will take a lifetime for you to buy her choco pies.” 

“I did not. Momo is the one who handles that kid.” 

“Damn, you bring her here.” 

“It’s Nayeon’s plan anyway especially when you text me that Mina wears the ring that Momo bought for her.” 

“ing well-played, Im. Her direction is not only best but the scripts she gave to us, like a frickin play.” Jeongyeon takes a stick on her pack- cigarette and wait for Jihyo to lit it. 

“Oh! Unnie! You’re here earlier than we expected.” Tzuyu greets her while carrying the box full of things that nayeon owns. “And chaeeee, put that thing off.” Chaeyoung pouts before removing an eyepatch and a model gun. “Woah unnie! You got the VCR now, nayeon owes me for asking to find a tape like that. The projector was already in the attic, like what nayeon requested.” Chaeyoung unintentionally shows her dimple which tzuyu intentionally stomp her feet while carrying the box to put in jihyo’s car. ‘Stupid cub, she knows that I know she have a crush in Mina-unnie long time ago.’ 

Chaeyoung notices how tzuyu acted, and excuses herself to Mina, she gets really excited since Tzuyu is reserved and has this composure she rarely put it down so seeing her lover being expressive is really rewarding. “Hey, I am not that dense like Nayeon-unnie.” 

“Why do you leave Mina-unnie, I can carry more boxes and let you two talk.” Tzuyu denied what chaeyoung pertaining so the short korean can’t help but to grin. 

“My yoda is jealous so no, especially she knew that I have feelings for her favorite unnie before.” chaeyoung tiptoed to reach tzuyu’s lips. 

“You like it when I'm mad.” 

“Can’t help it. You are too adorable for me and also scary if you’re upset. But mostly y.” they sat there to take a break lifting here and there of boxes full of stuff that nayeon owns. Making jokes in anything, from their bunny unnie to the random things. Being a fluff and soft couple they were so back to the tragic! Mina feels that every step she takes becoming heavy, she’s curious but at the same time not prepared, what if...she’s right? Nayeon is just going to say goodbye, or will they reconcile as friends, she doesn’t know. She looks in her new ring and muster up all the courage to continue what she needs to do. Mina is in the attic now and at last the projector was all set up, maybe the two did it for her. Mina smiles because of that thought.

She inserts the tape into the projector and soon, a tired director preludes it’s last act with red, swollen eyes as if she just finished crying. She smiled and took a deep breath. “ I don’t know how to start this, I already got plans often for a play but now, not a single word or idea what I should say or do.” Nayeon laughs in her first few sentences. “Perhaps, it’s really a sign for me that it’s a good decision for closing a book about me being a director.” she breaks out the news, pain was obviously painted in nayeon’s face, fooling herself by saying those words. “And about me being the wife of Im Mina, once.” Nayeon bit her lower lip to prevent herself from crying “I’m sure that you already got my other present! But aha! You got pranked again! It’s not me who bought it but it’s momo-yah! She’s really the one who buys that and I got this feeling somehow, I'll ruin your anniversary so I guess I’m right but at least you still receive her gift for you. You might be wondering where I get the idea that you are cheating, well things happen and I'll just let momo tell the details how I knew it but at least you got someone now who will stay in your life and will never leave you like I did.” 

Mina can’t stop her tears and hiccups from her uncontrollable sobs. 

“I’m not sure if I can tell you this but…. For the last time I want to be honest with you. You’re in the attic right?” Nayeon pauses as if she’s waiting for an answer from Mina “there’s a map in there which is still hanging in the wall, could you look into that? Don’t worry, that's my last command to you.” Mina stands up and follow her ex wife’s instructions. She look in the map, her sight was cloudy since tears kept forming just to fall again. “Remember the place where you want the most even if you have already seen it a million times? The place where our most magical moment happens?” 

Hawaii. 

The place where nayeon proposed to her, serenaded her in her first successful play, and tour mina’s parents just to win their approval. Her eyes landed and saw a huge stone set in that state. She looked closer and it reveals that it was attached in a silver chain. A necklace that replicates one of the wizard stones in Waikiki. 

“Do you see it? If not, then turn off the lights in the room.” Nayeon’s one hella bossy and full of orders but Mina obliged to do so. The stone glows in a blue, or cyan, teal or mint green color with a certain pattern. 

“Advanced happy anniversary, my love.” Nayeon smiles in front of the camera, the real and painful smile she can convey “or am I too late now? But I want you to give that because it holds a bunch of reasons. First, it seems just a normal stone but at least it glows right?! So even if you're in that darkness it’ll guide you by its light, as a reminder that I'm there for you and it doesn’t mean to give light but it heals. Physical, emotional, mental or what pain you are enduring, maybe its charm will work.” (narrator’s ty TMI; i also did a research and I think it is an example of sacred stones in Hawaiʻi, an insight into indigenous understandings of gender and healing and like in kapaemahu, mahu--- polynesian term for third gender individuals who are neither male nor female but a mixture of both in mind, heart and spirit.” so, skl) 

“Second…. You know that stars are only stones right? Once they lost their shine, they are just merely a stone. And I happen to be that one.” Nayeon’s facade were nowhere to be seen, she’s tired of putting up a strong face. In nayeon’s mind was wrapped of fear, regrets and sorrow. 

“Remember the tale that my dad used to be an assassin, a hunter? Since i’m her daughter, I unfortunately followed his footsteps. We are running away from time, our lives were now hunted by those machines for us to survive. I thought I could outrun it mina, I really hope that I would, but here I am.” Mina feels her heart wants to get out, its beats could break her ribcage, thumping too loud, too fast, so alive that it can cause her death, Im Nayeon.

“And the moment my cousin confirms it, those fatigue, collapses in random times and numbness in my body were absolutely like what dad used to have. It more that I want to tell it to you, so badly but I already knew what the feeling of being left even if you're staying in the end. I don’t want to say goodbye mina, If I can just be more selfish like my dad, I won’t suffer like this…. Albeit I do not want you to suffer in the end. It would hurt more if we gonna look at each other with pity, we got that same tired eyes and not knowing our old souls if it’s worth fighting for.” Nayeon’s mask fell off, the nayeon that Mina used to know wasn’t in the screen but a little girl who is frightened to lose someone, the warrior who wants to scream her feelings into the world but afraid to do so was talking to her, confessing to her. Her whole body are sweating, regretting why she made these horrible mistakes to this woman, cheating then divorcing her without considering Nayeon. 

“And then…. Momo came, knowing she will love you like I did, or more than that, it’s really a perfect time to say goodbye, Minari. It’s unfair but it is the only thing to make you happy, and the way I’m acting up right now is truly selfish, not letting you know that you have an affair with someone and putting our friends into our mess, I’m really sorry Mina. You can give me a call though before I changed my number and all.” Nayeon decided to leave Mina, but she ain’t abandoning her, there’s still a surprise nayeon left. For once, Mina chose not to call Nayeon for she is going right where Nayeon is, Mina wished that Nayeon was staying at the hospital or at her cousin’s place. She went down and let the projector open, never heard of what nayeon’s have said. 

The living room was packed that makes surprise Mina, she can’t help but to get mad to these people, they hide the truth from her, if she have noticed it before then this won’t happen, She is staying with Nayeon if they just fix it instead of finishing it.

“You knew it all this time yet you didn’t utter a in single word?!” Mina shouts at them, for the split second she wanted to apologize, her friends look at her with sorry and can’t even stare at her. Jeongyeon is silent but has a furious look on her face with sana who is holding her arm as if she’s stopping Jeongyeon to do something and….tzuyu, she looks like she is just holding her tears. Mina wanted to say sorry to tzuyu for knowing she’s an honest kid (like hari looks up (or down) to shan ctto manhwa/manhua MAMD)  

“If nayeon is suffering then why didn’t you tell me?! Jeongyeon unnie?! You are her lawyer yet you hide her from me? Jihyo, you, like . you are the judge but you let nayeon decides like those ty choices of her! We spent our time a month doing the divorce but you didn’t tell me her case.” Mina was spilling her frustrations and regrets to someone, she don’t blame anyone when she’s mad unlike Sana, who is open to others about her feelings, Mina assumes.

“Because we are played by Nayeon too, Mitang.” Someone speaks up, its eyes were holding a lot of pain yet she’s offering a smile that Mina knows would calm her down.

“Momo….” Mina’s anger disappear, replaced by fear and dread warping in her guts. 

“Hey, it’s okay. Now you realized that Nayeon is important to you and she feels the same thing. you are important to us so even though we’ve been the puppets for her play, she got a reason.” Momo said it. She stands up in the couch “We're gonna give you a time to cool off, for a while think what you should do.” 

“I want you to go with me. I have to say something for nayeon. We are going to talk, properly.”  Mina doesn’t change her mind looking for Nayeon, she had to say something. 

“She’s out of reach, Mina.”

“What are you saying, Mo?” 

“She already left us, Im Yoona, the one who’s always with her told she’s gone. She leaves us a note that she’s on the run. We contacted her crew and said the same thing, she just left us a message.”  Mina can’t believe what her partner just announced. 

“No, you must be joking, and if she really is, she won’t get that far, she’s an old bunny. We can find her. Give me the keys moguri.” Mina commands, acting she’s outta her mind. “Mina, stop it.” 

“Momo!” 

“Give her a call.” Momo hugs her, adding the stab wounds but for Mina, she would do everything for her even in exchange is the neverending pain because aaaaaaangst.

Momo walked out first and followed by the unnie line then next is the SMC and it’s rare that chaeyoung drags the two to get out for a bit. “Bro! Come on, give Mina-unnie a space, you’re not an exception.”  

When Mina is finally alone in the room she look at her phone and there’s a password. A PIN code which she unconsciously type 2 three times and a 4 but at least she already unlocked it and look in her contacts. 

“Mina?” Nayeon’s voice sounds sore but it still make mina flutter her heart. She never thought that this annoying voice will be miss very much, the high-pitched voice is now a low and deep, husky voice. 

“Why did you leave? Where did you go? Are you taking any meds now?” Mina wanted to let out her anger to Nayeon but she just can’t. 

“So many questions Minari~”

“Just answer the damn questions, Nayeon.”

“So impatient~”

“You’re being a patient now.”

“Sheesh, My pengu is always serious. Because I can, somewhere you dunno, or everyone don’t know where I am and no, dad’s mistake on that one, it doesn’t prolong his life and neither will mine. Plus I can live now without regrets, instead of hoping that there will be some sort of miracle that would happen, I’ll be living not taking stupid moves like dad did.”

“At least your father isn’t a jerk.” Nayeon only laughs but soon followed by a cough, a violent one. Nayeon suddenly speaking in English saying she’s fine, someone might ask her if she’s okay. 

“Nayeon, why do you have to be so stubborn?! Do you think it would be easy for me to let you go after you reveal that?! I hate you, Im Nayeon! I really hate you!!” Mina poured her heart out.

“Do you want this to be our call?” Nayeon asks, but mina doesn’t miss what nayeon meant.

“I love you Nayeon, please come back home. I need you.” Mina plead to Nayeon. There’s a few seconds of silence between them, nayeon cleared . “I can’t, Mina. You know that I want to but I must not to.” 

“Nayeon! Are you even listening to me?! I don’t care if you’ll leave me anytime as long i’m with you, I’ll be alright!! I choose you over momo why can't you also choose me?!” 

“The only option I got is you, both choices I have is only about you, I can’t leave you with a heavy heart.”

“Then what are you doing now?! Thinking that it would be easy for me if you left and silently suffer in… what God knows where?!”

“Mina…..I want you to have a good life, and what you feel is only for now, it’s hard but temporary.”

“Baby…. Please trust me, It’s fine with me if in the end i’ll only get hurt.”

“And Hirai will decides something cheesy and stupid like that.” Mina can hear Nayeon smile, that reckless bunny who is always looking out for others. 

“I’ll not ask you to forgive me Mina, but please, let me go now Mina.” they are being a damn stoplight, Mina asks in the start and now Nayeon requests for a go. 

Another dead silence between them. Mina sighs. 

“Will this be my really last call to you?”


“Yes, my love.” 

“Then I won’t hang up.” Nayeon weakly laughs and how Mina miss Nayeon used to cackle 

“If you won’t then I will.”

“You won’t, you don’t have the heart.”

“And the time too.”

“Tell me your biggest achievement, Nayeon.”

“Of course it’s Myoui Mina, and making the world wide enough for you, for us.” Mina silently weeps and if Kami-sama or Haneunim hearing her plea, please let Nayeon change her mind and be truly selfish like she's always been. But no, it only take them half a minute, the time that curtain falls..

“I’ll wait for you on the other side, Mina.” 

“You better be, It  will take us forever to meet again.” 

That’s the last call. Mina never tried to call Nayeon again, Nayeon kept her words and she just seems to be waiting for Mina to call her before she leaves them without a trace. 

Mina only curls on the couch, clutching in the necklace. The loneliness and the absence of her wife never feel this heavy, it’s no longer a home.

While the remaining seven are still on the porch of Mina’s abode, Momo keeps staring at the dark grey clouds building up that soon will bring out a rain. A heavy one. 

“You did a great job, Hirai. You really taking that idiot’s advice, ‘you choose to love her, it means you also choose to get hurt by her how many times it takes. that's what love is, don't forget that.’ stupid director with her stupid scripts.” Jeongyeon emphasizes the crap her best friend have said before.

“You were there at that time?” Momo unintentionally glares at the prosecutor.

“Just happens that you are both there, Sana wants a coffee in that unusual time but she’s stressed out so I just get somethin’ or else she’ll vent it to me for hours.”

“Wow, Minatozaki-san do get stressed out.” 

“Like now.” Jeongyeon points out to sana who is making Jihyo’s ear bleed “Poor Jihyo” they both said in unison, which making them smile a little bit. For an hour they make themselves to survive in boredom, the maknae couple whispering sweet nothings while the older couple doing their “case” again in Jihyo’s car which Jihyo doesn’t understand their intentions first so she lent them her car. Momo and Dahyun still eating snacks, because it’s their thing. Dahmo is sailing again. Jihyo look at her watch and sighs. Tzuyu notices it and starts to talk. 

“Can we stay for a little bit longer, unnie? Until Mina-unnie say that  she’s feeling well?” Tzuyu begs, and the other two just finish their endless “fighting” over something but still heard what Tzuyu had ask them.

“Can we? Jeongyeon-unnie? Momo-unnie?” Tzuyu looks at them with her  irresistible puppy eyes.

 “she don’t want to leave her favorite unnie, so cute.” the older two of the group both thought of tzuyu.

“How about your sana-unnie? You won’t gonna ask her too?” Sana whines that Tzuyu mentions the three unnie except her. 

“You’re annoying.” 

“She only means that you’ll stand with her in any decisions she’ll make, especially when it comes to Mina-unnie.”  Tzuyu only pinches Chaeyoung's cheeks for knowing her too damn well, which makes the hamsy of the group run to chase and hug her, almost. If tzuyu blocks and hug her lover first. 

“She’s just a big softie, yet a savage one.” Chaeyoung apologizes for tzuyu’s odd way of showing her affection to Sana. Sana smiles and just continue her plan to hug chae and tzuyu. 

“Y’all should say sorry to me too!” Dahyun butts in, stomping her feet as if she’s really angry. 

“Why.” the rest of the group questioned, except momo who just watches them as she opens another pack of chips. 

“You keep it from me about Nayeon-unnie too!! I have every right to get mad at you! Except tzuyu, she’s a baby but you!” Dahyun points out to chaeyoung! “Bro! You could have told it!!” 

“If we did, you would react like this and you are just going to burst out then act as a stupid hero who’ll save nothing.” Chaeyoung explains while her fingers combing tzuyu’s hair. 

They bicker like kids which make Momo smile, Nayeon is lucky to spend her time with this group of people. 

“You belong here Hirai, We lost one but at least someone added in this chaotic mess we’ve got.” The judge talk to Momo, they’ve seen each other but never have a conversation.

The group was still noisy as ever , Mina peeks in the window if they are still in the house.She smiled and ponder.  ‘I might’ve lost her, she still left me with these people, securing that I won’t be left out and scared. I really hate that person.’

Dahyun choose to knock on the door but Mina already open it making them freeze in their position. Tzuyu approaches her. “Unnie I-”

Mina only wraps her arms around tzuyu and pulling her into an embrace. 

“It’s okay Tzu, I’m fine.” 

“Are you sure?”

“Mhm, Nayeon make sure I won’t feel any fear and misery when I got7” shhh, just let the narrator make a terrible pun.

“Will Nayeon come back?” Jeongyeon didn’t hesitate to ask, still hoping for nabongs to annoy th out of her. Mina just stares at her, and with that one gaze Jeongyeon understands, Im Nayeon herself wipes its existence of her.

“We have to stop here, it’s the Dead End.” Mina confirms, letting Nayeon live her life she wanted and yet filled with lamentation.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Months passed and Mina is blooming, like the spring blooms after it’s cold, empty winter. 

“Ready to go home?” Mina let out a gummy smile  when her partner offered with its cool look in on her face. 

“Or want to catch up with Sana first?” 

“No, we’ve already talked plenty inside the theatre and how she criticizes the play.” Mina laughs when she imagines how Sana keep talking every scene and act. She let Momo drive while she looks out the window. How Nayeon would smile that her last play was once again a success. 

“Want to visit your place tomorrow?” 

“Yeah, I closed the studio tomorrow. If she’s only here now, she would be delighted to see that her works grow and put into history.” Mina decided to move out but she make other plans for their home, she makes it to be safe haven for the kids who aspire to be like her ex-wife, how a play or a story comes to life. 

The day comes, it’s their “should-have-been-4th anniversary. (eyyy got the reference?) 

Mina stopped in their old home, the place has taken a lot of changes but in Mina’s mind, she still visualises how they design it before, the home they’ve dreamt for years. The studio still reminds of her, every bit of this house is like fragments. Mina stood outside, it’s never feel nayeon’s missing. 

“Woof!” someone’s dog barks. It runs in Mina’s direction, Mina lower herself to pet the dog as if she familiar with mina.

“Where’s your owner little one?” The dog barks again and circle around mina, he’s a smart dog which Mina thought. There is something in the dog’s collar, a piece of paper that has been roll and tucked into the collar.

 “This time, it is right to give you a present, I want to adopt his mother like what we both wanted but the pet shop owner said that it recently passes away but this little fella wants a home, so I think of you. Here’s my little and last gift for you, my love. Adieu, best of wives and best of women. 

Always been yours, Nayeon,”

Mina’s smile how Nayeon put her efforts to give this, a reminder of her, not only the stone but this dog, is a fraction of her smile. 

“Let’s go home, kookeu.” 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

“Stupid, stupid, stupid.” 

“Says the one who is still using a binoculars to watch a person just a block away.” 

‘’Shut up, Ji.” 

“He looks like gucci, can we drop by my place too unnie?” Tzuyu meddles in the banter of Jeongyeon and Jihyo.

“Yeah, come on. Our job is done, Mina receives nayeon’s gift to her. "

“We can finally bring in the laundry of those couple’s shirts.”

“Why you keep nayeon and mina’s clothes?” tzuyu asks like a child, wanting to be in a conversation too. The two were silent at first, recovering in tzuyu’s cuteness.

“For the dog to distinguish Mina and her, they had the same scent by the way except now, she really smells like hirai.”

“Just like you and sana, your scent doesn't leave in the courtroom even the jury suspected you are couple.” Jihyo laughs while driving them in Tzuyu’s place too. The two unnie keep talking while tzuyu listens and ask if she got the chance. 

I don’t know why I put this but got some extra.