Show Time

What is My Name?

 

            

            The cast of Romeo and Juliet waited anxiously behind the curtain as Mr. DofGa said a little speech to the audience about the performance and how hard the cast had been working and blah blah blah blah.

            The chorus people walked out onto the stage and sang the prologue beautifully, and when the fight scene broke out on the stage, the audience held their breath and gasped.

            The masquerade party was definitely the best part of the play, besides the balcony scene between Jeremy and Kiara, so when Kiara stepped out in her majestic gown, the viewers sighed in admiration of her beauty. She was wearing a pure white dress that trailed all the way to the floor, and her hair was styled in light curls that hung neatly from her head. To top it all off, her mask was a gorgeous, gold and creamy color, and the stage crew had worked really hard perfecting it.

            The females in the audience swooned when Jeremy strode out onto the stage.

Jeremy wore a handsome black suit with smart black dress shoes. His tall height nicely complimented it and made him seem even more kingly. His mask was a simple silver mask, with golden specks around the rim, but his grand looks and perfect smile topped the simple outfit all off.

            The romantic balcony scene added even more to the audience’s excitement and had them on the edge of their seats, waiting for more. Kiara and Jeremy finished the romantic scene of nicely, with not too little mushy-gushy-ness and not too much.

            Each member of the audience shuddered when Juliet drank the potion to make her “die” and they mourned when Romeo killed himself next to her grave. When Juliet awoke from the potion’s effects, the audience waited in anxiety for her to kill herself because of her true love’s death, and the horrible, sad sight of Juliet dying was enough for the audience to shed tears.

            Although the play had a tragic ending, the audience enjoyed the play of Romeo and Juliet and heartily clapped at curtain call. When Kiara stood center stage to take her bow, she couldn’t help but hold back tears at the thought of her family who couldn’t come and see her doing what she did best. Right when the tears were about to fall, Jeremy came out and held her hand to comfort her. He squeezed it when the came up from their bow, and the sight of the two protagonists resulted in the audience going wild. They got a standing ovation, and all in all, the play was a huge hit.

* * *

            After each play, the cast members would all troop to Mr. DofGa’s mansion for a party. His huge home was perfect for throwing a party for the cast, and the nights were filled with fun.

            He made another speech, thanking each and every single member of the cast, and Kiara swelled with pride when she saw him put the picture taken of all of them at the beginning of the year on his wall, along with the other numerous photos of them.

            The director promised, as usual, to print the picture of them at the play in their costumes right next to it, and everyone dispersed after his speech to hang out.

            Kiara was laughing with Chelsie when she saw Jeremy beckoning her to go outside. She quickly excused herself and followed Jeremy out to Mr. DofGa’s balcony.

            “You were great tonight, m’lady Juliet,” Jeremy said. The two were sitting on an ancient bench under the stars.

            “Same for you, sir Romeo,” Kiara replied. “Have you thought about what I said earlier?”     

            “Was there any need to? You’ve got a famous older brother, moreover he’s a member of the Super Junior,” Jeremy said. “Despite his image, he’s still your older brother and he is human. I don’t see any need to freak out over that truth.”

            Kiara smiled softly and looked up at Jeremy. “That’s part of the reason why I moved here. I just couldn’t take the unwanted fame at school and basically everywhere I went. Because Hyukjae Oppa is an idol, I would just make friends because of him and his fame.”

            Jeremy scrunched his eyebrows together and asked, “So you moved here to get away from all that? Do you ever go back and visit?”

            Kiara nodded and answered, “Every summer and winter break I go, but I usually get the same special treatment. You know, it was because of him that I got into acting and singing.”

            Jeremy laughed. “That’s ironic. Didn’t acting make you even more famous?”

            She laughed in harmony and replied, “I guess it did, but after a year of acting I kind of moved here to get away from all that.”

            The two sobered and remained quiet, but the silence was a comfortable one.

            “When are you going this year? I’m visiting this summer as well. Could we go together?” Jeremy broke the silence.

            Kiara thought about his question. It had never occurred to her that he would go to Korea too. Maybe going with him and sitting together on the plane would make the 16 hours go by faster.

            “Well, my mom’s already bought my ticket, so all you have to do is get yours on the same day that I’m going!” Kiara exclaimed. “The plane ride is going to be so much fun this year.”

            Jeremy smiled his cute eye smile and replied, “I’m happy that I’ll be able to go with you.”

 

 

            I changed the point of view to 3rd person. That's okay with you guys, right? I just find it easier to write like this, rather than in 1st person. Don't worry, I'll write some chapters in the characters' point of view, but the majority will be in 3rd person. ^^