Prologue

Little Do You Know

CA9864-C2-388-B-4-C9-B-8-D4-D-AC673-D48-A00-E


 

After 7 years since debut, little did I know how drastic my life will change. Dealing with many ups and downs along the road, I can’t help but smile at the memories these past few years had brought. Blackpink remains together family cannot be separated. But every member is focusing on their solo projects. 

 

Jisoo after her first kdrama, she became well respected as an actress and now she is putting more time and effort in her acting projects. She even decided to go back to performing arts college to reinforce her skills.

 

Rosè is currently working on her new solo album and is focusing on producing the best solo comeback she has yet to show. Her YouTube channel of Rosè vlogs and music covers is a sensation. She also took time to travel back home to spend time with her family. Out of all of us Rosè was the member that was mostly homesick and no one can blame her for it. 

 

Lisa what can I say about our free spirited maknae. She is probably having a blast traveling the world right now advertising her new dance camp studio here in YG. She also managed to convince the higher ups to open a dance camp in China, Japan, Thailand and in Los Angeles, California.

 

As for myself, I was no longer only viewed as an idol, fashion icon, influencer, and designer. I was now part of YG’s executive director’s team. YG entertainment was no longer the traditional YG company that people knew. After Kwon Jiyong aka G-Dragon oppa bought his share in the executive team, he encouraged me to do the same. Heck Umma is probably proud of me now. 

 

 

—————————————-

 

 

“Did you all hear the latest news?” Hyunsuk asked us. As we were finishing our dance rehearsals for the day. After 3 years of debuting some things never changed.

 

I look around and I’m glad that I’m not the only one in a confused state. Many of the members try to guess the big YG news, but Hyunsuk shakes his head no. 

 

“There’s going to be a congratulatory ceremony for the newest member of the executive director’s team. Which means that every YG idol group must attend. So if any of you guys had plans tonight, might as well cancel. I’m pretty sure no one wants to get blacklisted.”

 

I sulked in a hard swallow as I managed to not choke on my own water. Congratulatory company meeting? Did this mean I get a chance to see her? I can’t help, but hid my smile. But it was no secret to certain members who I was in love with. And although I might be looked upon as young and to what the fans label me a “hot playboy”, I do know what love is.

 

I suddenly feel an arm on my shoulder. I see a concern look from Yedam.

 

“Haruto, how you feel about all of this?”

 

I tried to play it cool and simply shrug it off. There is only so much I am able to do about the situation. After 7 years, she still has my heart and perhaps she will forever have it. Back then I couldn’t do much, I was a under age trainee and new idol when she was already starting to get to the peak of her career. I could only express my sincere admiration which after a few clips many of the fans label me as her “younger brother” or her “fanboy”. Little do they know I want to be more than that.

 

“Jennie sunbaenim is in the building” JunKyu  said. As he is trying to catch his breath. Soon enough me and the members quickly leave in order to greet her.

 

————————————

 

 

As I get out of the car I take a deep breath before entering YG main building. Ofcourse as usual paparazzi were already lined up upfront. I just simply make my way in not paying them much attention.

 

As soon as I step inside the building I get many bows from my juniors and new trainees. I can’t help but greet them back, I remember being in their steps before so I know how nerve racking monthly evaluations are or simply preparing for a comeback can be. 

 

“Omo Jennie sunbaenim just smile at me.” I can hear a trainee gasps in shock.

 

I stop by the YG cafe to get my usual ice coffee as the cafe screen is playing Treasures first comeback song. I can’t help but smile since it has been 3 years since their debut. They went from being the 4th generation monsters rookies to being the golden boys of YG.  Haruto rap part of the MV is currently on and I can’t help but feel captivated by his verse. He surely has grown as a rapper, I can’t help but feel proud of him.

 

Soon enough I get my coffee order which brings me back to reality. As I start walking towards the staff and idols elevators. I am stopped mid way through by the golden boys themselves.

 

———————————-

 

“Annyeonghaseyo Jennie sunbaenim” we all say in unison. I try to play it cool and hide the fact that I’m internally nervous. It has been a little pass half a year since I last saw her in person. And of course she continues to be the goddess that she is I don’t know, but each time I see her is like my heart is about to leave my chest simply because of my increase of heart rate.

 

She greets us back and her gummy smile simply kills me. Every thing about her internally kills me. Yedam soon notices my behavior and smirks.

 

“Jennie sunbaenim, I had produced a R&B track that if you can I would love for you to listen.”

 

“Yedam I will certainly would love to give it a listen. Already working on a solo just before a group comeback that’s impressive.” She said.

 

“Oh no, it’s not a solo. It’s a track duo that I pictured you taking part as the female lead along side Haruto as the male lead. I spoke with Teddy hyung and he agreed that both your vocals would be best suited.”

Yedam replies calmly.

 

I hid my shock and I can sense my hard swallow. My nerves just keep increasing.

 

“Oh, if Teddy Oppa said that then I must indeed give it a listen.” She said, as she turns to me. “It would be fun getting to work with the one and only Killer Visual of Treasure.” She teases politely I can’t help but give her a small timid smile. “Alright, boys I see you around. Fighting!!! On your comeback. And Yedam drop the track disk to the main office I will pick it up from there to give it a listen.”

 

With those final words noona walks away and with her final smile, she also takes my heart with her.