Chapter 2

Just In Time

Bora stirred in silk sheets slowly, opening her eyes trying to adjust to the light. It looked like early morning, causing Bora to stretch and turn onto her side. She was so comfortable she almost forgot she didn't really know where she was...

Her eyes widened as she looked at her arm, memories of what happened the night prior started flooding her head. But she noticed her arm was wrapped in a bandage, frowning she looked around spotting a chair with clothes.

She got up, slowly walking around looking everywhere, it was all so pretty. From the tiles floor with a floral design to the ceiling with a gold chandelier that looked like a rose, Bora was absolutely mesmerized. 

She found the bathroom and quickly washed up before putting on the clothes she saw earlier, it was a simple white dress, nothing too flashy but she looked good in it.

Bora decided to poke her head out of her room, stepping into the giant hallway. She still had no idea who brought her here.

Maybe someone killed that beast and I was saved by a prince She thought, chuckling to herself at the low chance of that happening. Little did Bora know she wasn't technically far off from the truth.

She wondered back and fourth through the hall, admiring the knights in armor as she walked. She was definitely in a castle but the question was, who's?

Eventually she reached a door that looked quite old and unused but Bora's curiosity got the better of her and she pushed it open, causing a loud creak and dust to fall from the top of the door, causing Bora to cough, as she desperately fan the dust out of her face stepping into the room.

Bora was speechless the minute she saw everhthing. It was a huge room full of books with shelves that went from the floor to the ceiling, with a rather big table in the middle with a few chairs here and there. 

Gasping slightly, Bora ran over to the window, looking out into the frosted courtyard of the castle. Her village no where in sight the further she looked.

Bira turned back around, twirling around the room, minus the not knowing where she was or who she was with, she was loving every second of her morning.

Bora noticed a large book in the center of the desk, walking over slowly, she noticed the book looked quite old. It had a silk cover, with an embroidered title that read "Fairy Tales Fit for a King". She found her hands running over the cover, feeling the soft fabric as she slowly opened the book.

They're all here Bora whispered in disbelief as she flipped through all the stories she had grown to love.

But suddenly there was the sound of footsteps, big footsteps, prompting Bora to close the book and turn around to see the creature from the night before, hiding in the shadow of the doorway.

"Who-Who's there" Bora asked, frozen in place as she tried to make out the figure.

"I could ask you the same thing." The creature said, Bora could tell they were talking through gritted teeth.

"I-I...don't know." Bora finally admitted, leaning on the table for support.

"I was in the forest and I got attacked by wolves but then this creature showed up and killed some of them-" Bora was cut off by a deep voice that rattled her insides.

"That creature has a name." Siyeon spat, there was nothing she hated more than the term creature, sure, it was true but it hurt that at one point in time, everyone knew her name and respected her, and one night's events changed everything, it changed her.

Bora raised an eyebrow, still quite skeptical of who it was. 

"Then what is it." Bora demanded

"Siyeon." 

"Come into the light" Bora said firmly

"Promise me you won't scream." Siyeon's voice echoed.

Siyeon internally cursed at herself. Why did she feel like this towards a complete stranger? She usually viewed outsiders as the enemy, but something about Bora made her feel a different way, despite never seeing her or having a real conversation.

"O-ok" Bora said histantly.

Siyeon placed one of her feet which in reality are paws, inside the doorway, causing Bora's eyes to watch her movements carefully, eyes widening.

Siyeon shifted further into the light, revealing her arm covered in gray fur with rather big claws that looked like they could kill in one swipe.

Bora backed up, back hitting the table as her eyes widened at what she was seeing. She didn't believe this was real- no she couldn't believe this was real.

Siyeon finally fully stepped into the light, causing Bora to look up at the figure in front of her.

It had horns with gray fur, bright green eyes and teeth that looked like they'd tear her apart in seconds....

But what caught Bora's eyes were the creatures clothes, it wore a white shirt that was slightly torn in a few places with an emblem of a lotus flower, with slight purple capris pants that had also been torn ag the bottom.

"W-What are you" Bora asked as she placed her hand over .

"People's worst nightmare" Siyeon said, looking down in sadness, letting down her tougher image.

"I-I"

"I'm not going to hurt you." Siyeon said, stepping closer to Bora who was trembling.

"How do I know that? How do I know you didn't kill the ruler of this castle and wait for people like me to come here??" Bora shouted.

"Hey!" Siyeon growled, making Bora flinch

"I would have you know that I could've LEFT YOU TO DIE. And if you think you could've saved yourself than you have another thing coming" Siyeon said as her eyes darkened, walking closer to Bora, causing her to look up at Siyeon.

"What. Is. Your. Name." Siyeon gritted her teeth, making it clear this was a demand rather than a question.

"Bora, Kim Bora" 

Siyeon looked at Bora, seeing the fear in her eyes before her eyes were diverted to open book.

"You can read?" Siyeon asked, nodding towards the book.

"Y-yes" Bora breathes out, still shocked by what was in front of her.

"Yeesh they teach woman to read now? Wow I really have been gone a long time." Siyeon sighed, taking a few steps back.

"Well, I- I taught myself, but wait I'm still confused, you don't want to kill me?" Bora asked, rubbing her temple

"No I don't want to kill you, I don't want to kill anyone." Siyeon spat, annoyed with Bora's question.

Bora didn't know what came over her but she broke down, everything was just now hitting her and she felt so alone and scared. She just wanted to go home. 

Siyeon noticed Bora crying into her hands, the sound of her sobs filling the expanse of the room, causing her expression to soften.

She cleared , causing Bora to look up, her eyes were already puffy and red.

"So um, what is your favorite one" Siyeon asked, but this time her town was softer and it didn't go unnoticed by Bora.

Bora still sniffled, wiping the tears on her cheek.

"W-What?"

"Your favorite story from that book, which one is it?" Siyeon asked again walking towards Bora.

Bora lowered her hands as she watched the beast's movements.

I should be afraid right now. What am I saying, I am afraid. 

But as Bora looked at the creature she noticed it had a softer expression than before.

Truth be told, Bora feared the circumstances more than anything else, but when she asked herself, she herself didn't understand why she didn't fear the figure in front of her.

"Um, The Lost Prince is my favorite." Bora said, causing the beast to look up at her.

"Why?" Siyeon asked curiously.

"I just think it's beautiful how someone learns to love and finds their true love after such a long time period of pain and loneliness." Bora said, trailing her fingers over the picture of the illustration.

"You aren't afraid of it?" Siyeon asked, walking up, standing closer behind Bora than before.

"No, I mean yeah it's scary on the outside, but on the inside is just someone who needed to learn selflessness and how to love others." Bora said softly.

But something in the picture caught her eye, it was the illustration of the king, the pendant that held his cape in place was a lotus flower, the same one as she saw the beast wear earlier.

It can't be. Bora frowned, how could she not have connected the dots in the first place?

She turned around and looked at what Siyeon was wearing.

"Y-You're the Lost Prince" Bora said in shock 

"Took you long enough" Siyeon said looking down.

"But- but how is that possible? This is just a fairy tale" Bora said as she quickly looked back at the book.

"It was, until that night" Siyeon said softly looking out the window...

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yay chapter 2, I hope you guys liked it, next chapter will be more of a backstory chapter, I'm sure if you've seen the movie you know what happened but just for some context for Boda's character, I think it's necessary. Anyways, thank you for the upvotes and support on this story so far, I appreciate it! Also happy Siyeon day!!!!!