Chapter 1

Just In Time

Bora was on her way home from a 3 day trip to retrieve an expensive fabric from a neighboring village.

But as she was riding on Kang, her horse who was usually calmer than ever, she couldn't help but feel like she took a wrong turn.

Pulling him to a halt she looked around trying to recall any surroundings she saw 3 days prior, but she voiding find any signs.

Sighing, she peered behind her into the fog, debating whether or not to retrace her steps to the village. But as she looked at her food supply she realized she likely wouldn't make it back. Her only option was to keep going and hope for the best.

The only sounds present were Kang's footsteps and the jingling metal sound of the single lantern Bora was holding.

All of the sudden she heard a wolf howl. Normally she wouldn't be phased, because it was normal, they were of course in a forest in the middle of winter. But what was alarming was how close it sounded-

Suddenly Kang reared as a large grey wolf stepped out of the brush blocking most of the path. 

Bora attempted to calm her horse down but she froze when she saw three more wolves emerge from the brush, as they all started encroaching on her and Kang.

She looked for anything, her eyes finally finding a large stick, it didn't look the sturdiest but it would have to do for the moment. She needed anything and everything she could use against them.

She jumped of Kang as she turned around to see him running away into the forest off the path, but that was the last of her concerns.

She turned back around to face the four wolves as she backed up against a tree. She was completely surrounded.

Meanwhile.....

Siyeon was looking out the window of the castle from the highest tower, seeing the faint glow of the village over the hill. She looked all around her dark home, what once had been a lively, well cherished place became a deserted, forgotten wasteland in the span of one night. 

She heard the sound of a horse in the distance, catching her attention but as her eyes scanned the front gates, there were no signs of movement.

Just as she was about to turn around to go back to her quarters she saw out of the corner of her eye a horse come stumbling into the courtyard.

Squinting, she tried her best to look at the horse, she knew it couldn't be a person, everyone who knew of the castle was cursed to not remember or say a word about it.

But as she looked closer she saw a saddle.

Where's your rider she thought, Immidiately thinking something was wrong.

Before she knew it she was in the courtyard, trying not to scare the horse when she noticed the lantern on his body was still lit, someone was in trouble.

Immidiately Siyeon bent down, she hated running on all fours, she considered it animalistic, whcih she was, but didn't want to be, but she knew it was the fastest way for her to move.

She was running when she stopped to listen for anything, any sign of distress or trouble, and that's when she heard the wolves. She Immidiately ran towards the sound knowing that if it was a pack, the person didn't stand a chance alone. 

Bora's POV

She started swinging at the wolves as she tried to fend them off, one almost bit her ankle, but she found a gap to move out of the circle of wolves, backing up as they walked slowly towards her yet again. 

Bora could feel her heart thumping as she assessed her situation. There was a pack of wolves trying to eat her and her only lose of fast transportation left.

Suddenly another wolf from behind jump and grabbed her hood, causing Bora to almost fall down.

The other wolves saw this as an oppertunity to take down their prey as jumped and hit down on her arm, not letting go, causing Bora to collapse. 

As she laid there bleeding, she noticed the other wolves looked slightly scared, they started howling more as the one on Bora backed up slightly. 

Bora was too weak to get up as she saw her blood stain the frosty white snow when suddenly a giant figure jumped over her.

She couldn't see it's fave but it was big, bigger than anything she had ever seen.

She watched the figure as it tossed one of the wolves against a tree, killing it instantly, and throwing one on it's back to the ground, crushing it's neck instantly as it lay there lifeless. 

Bora couldn't see anymore wolves just before the beast roared, making everything shake, and in the distance she could see them running away.

She had lost so much blood but she attempted to stand up anyway, leaning against a small tree for support.

But then the beast turned around, causing Bora to lift her head up with all her remaining energy, her eye's widening at the sight of the creature.

It's eyes were bright green but filled with darkness. Bora thought this was the end, but she noticed it was wearing a torn up shirt with an emblem on it. She couldn't remember where she had seen or heard of it but it looked familiar.

It felt like a stale mate for exactly two seconds. She wasn't moving but the beast wasn't either and eventually Bora's she's started to close and she started to lose balance, preparing to hit the cold hard ground.

But the last thing she remembered was seeing the creatures expression change as it ran towards her...

Siyeon's POV

Siyeon turned around to see the girl looking less than good, about tot fall over from exhaustion and her wounds.

Originally she thought she should just leave her, she knows she can't tamper with people from the outside world. She learned that the hard way.

But as she watched Bora fall she knew she had to do something, she couldn't let her die like this. Quickly she ran over, catching Bora just before she hit the ground, wrapping a cape like piece of fabric around her figure as she carried her back to castle. 

While walking she looked down to see Bora's pale face covered in her soft brown hair. Siyeon was able to hold her small figure in one arm, bringing her paw up to brush some of the hair out of her face as she pulled her closer.

She wasn't sure why she was so inclined to help her but something told her she needed to protect her.

They finally reached the castle as she pushed the gates open just enough to walk in, looking to the side to see that her horse had found the hay in the stables out front.

She walked up the steps opening the grand doors to the inside of her home.

She walked up to the East Wing where she found an empty room, one of the few that had been preserved well, as she layer her on the bed.

Siyeon knew she needed to rest, so she made sure she had enough supplies to wash up when she woke up and some extra clothes to change into.

Taking one last glance at her sleeping figure Siyeon sighed, closing the door to give her body the time it needed to catch up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 1 woohoo!! Like I said this will be a really warped take on Bsauty and the Beast but I hope you like the way I'm going to develop it! If you guys have any feedback or suggestions, let me know! Thanks to any early readers of this fic!