Seasons.

Seasons.

Seasons.

 

What is the best season to start dating the love of your life?

 

Summer.

Daehyun: Let’s date in summer, we’ll be able to go to the beach, write down our names on the sand and surround it with a heart. I can whisper your name into a seashell, you can keep the seashell and listen to my voice saying how much I LOVE YOU whenever you miss me.

We can stroll along the beach from morning to afternoon, then watch the sunset together while holding our hands, intertwining our fingers. Then night will come and we’ll kiss and hug under the moon and the stars.

Of course we’ll have delicious food too; grilled pork, slices of watermelon, hamburgers, pizza. I love pizza! But I love you more.

Youngjae: No, haven’t you watched summer love movies? Lovers break up by the last day of summer and return to their countries of origin.

Daehyun: We live in the same country, in the same apartment!

Autumn.

Daehyun: What if we date in autumn? We can walk in the park, hand in hand, and watch the leaves fall. We can carve and decorate pumpkins and do a couple’s costume. We can take a cooking class together and make Halloween themed food.

We can watch scary movies at the cemetery or, better, we can watch scary movies at home, and if we get too scared, we can build a pillow fort and pretend we’re the only ones in the world, look into our eyes and know how much we love each other without saying it.

Youngjae: No, haven’t you watched autumn dramas? Lovers never stay together. Besides, I don’t like scary movies that much. I don’t like Halloween that much. Watching leaves fall sounds dumb, carving pumpkins sounds...

Winter.

Daehyun: Ok, I get it! We won’t date in autumn, let’s date in winter... We can make snowmen and throw snowballs at each other. We can play hide and seek and make snow angels. Our noses may be red by the cold, we can Eskimo kissing each other.

We can wear baggy coats, I can put my hand in your pocket, you can put yours in mine, we’ll keep each other warm as we watch the snow falls by the fireplace while drinking hot cocoa. Then fall asleep, maybe my head on your shoulder.

And then we wake on Christmas and exchange gifts. It’ll be handmade gifts because it’ll be more romantic.

Youngjae: No, lovers don’t stay together in autumn dramas and lovers die in winter ones.

Spring.

Daehyun: Fine, let’s date in spring. Our love will bloom beautifully like all the flowers and trees. We can carve our names on a tree, and when we’re old, we can return to it and see our names still together like us. We can picnic with our favorite food, we can lie down on the blanket, you can read a book, I can draw you while you read the book...

Youngjae: Since when you know how to draw?

Daehyun: Ok, I’ll just lie by your side and watch you while you read. Just don’t say we can’t date in spring because of some stupid drama or movie.

We can do many things in spring, I can grow flowers for you. What’s your favorite flower?

Youngjae: My favorite flower? I don’t know, maybe... I’m like a sunflower, because you’re like the sun, so bright I can do nothing but look at you always, even if I die, I love you. But I don’t want to date you in spring.

Daehyun: There’s no more seasons, you don’t want to date me?

Youngjae: I want to date you, but not in spring or winter, autumn or summer. I want to date you every season.

I want to date you in summer, autumn, winter and spring of each year. I want to do all the things you mentioned, not just some. I want to date you every day, every afternoon, every evening, every night. Every hour, every minute, every second, every…

Daehyun: What cheesy movie is your speech from?

Youngjae: Yoo Youngjae loves Jung Daehyun movie.

Daehyun: I would watch that movie.

Youngjae: Better, you can live it with me. So let’s date from now on?

 

The best season to start dating the love of your life is every season.