Final

REGRET

March 23rd, 2020

It’s a school reunion. Seeing all my friends/classmates again successful in their life’s is fun. Some got married, some have kids. Everyone looked happy. I looked around to find someone but couldn’t find her. Guess she didn’t come.

September 20th, 2010

First day of school and the first day I saw her. When I saw her, I couldn’t take my eyes off her.

“Beautiful” I thought

When she turned to look my way. I looked away; I hope she didn’t saw me staring at her. Rest of the day I just found myself wanting to look at her.

 

March 23rd, 2020

Now that I think about it, it was love at first sight. I chuckled making my friends look at me with raised eyes.

“What are you thinking Taeng?”

“Nothing… just remembering the first day we all met”

“The first day we all met or the day you met h-” Before she could finish my other friend nudged her

“Fany” She called her with an edge in her voice making me laugh.

“It’s fine Sunny, it’s been years. I’m fine now” I told her, but I guess she didn’t believe me.

“I know you Taeng… we all know you. You are still looking for her.” Sunny said as a matter of fact

“I saw you looking around trying to find someone even though we’re all here.” Yuri said making me sigh

“I can’t really win against you all” I said making them smirk

“Let’s not think about the past and enjoy the party” Hyoyeon said while dragging Sooyoung with her to the dance floor.

We changed the topic started talking about something else. That’s when I heard someone’s voice I can’t forget. I looked around but couldn’t find her. My friends looked at me

“What’s wrong Unnie?” Seohyun asked

“Nothing… I thought I heard someone…” I said and dismissed their concerned looks

January 20th, 2011

It took me whole four months to talk to her and that also because we were partners for a project. At first it was awkward but after some time we just clicked. I laughed with her, we ate lunch together and she became close to my friends too. My friends also liked her. I was happy to spend time with her. We both knew there was something between us. One day we decided to have study group at my home before exams but only one person show up and that was her. I wanted to kill my friends for ditching me like that. But thanks to them I got to spend some alone time with her. She also didn’t complain.

“Hey Taengoo” She called me

“Yeah” I answered her while solving a math problem

“Can I ask you something?” She asked making me look at her.

“You can ask me anything Sica” I told her while smiling

“I… D-Do you like someone?” She asked while blushing

‘So cute’ I thought to myself

“Yeah I like a lot of people. I like all our friends an-” I couldn’t finish as she hit me with book, making me laugh

“You jerk” She said and got up to leave. I grabbed her by her arm and pulled her down, trapping her between my arms.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about Sica? Care to explain” I asked her with a smirk on my face

She didn’t say anything and just looked at me. While looking at each other I smiled at her and we stayed like that. I moved one of my hands and caressed her cheek. She held my hand and smiled back.

“I believe we both know answer to that” I said as her eyes started tearing up. We both knew they weren’t the tears of sadness. I moved my face closer to her as she closed her eyes. We kissed each other while smiling. We started dating that year in June.

March 23rd, 2020

That was our first kiss. I sighed while thinking about it. I shouldn’t have come to this reunion. I thought as I gulped my drink in one shot. I grabbed another drink when one of my friends stopped me.

“You had enough unnie” Yoona said while pointing at the empty glasses. That’s when I noticed I had four glass of alcohol already.

“Sorry I didn’t notice” I told her while smiling innocently

“Unnie you know it’s time for you to-” before she could finish, we heard one of our friend’s loud voice

“O MY GOD” Tiffany screamed… well let’s just say she’s loud enough for everyone to hear her

“What’s wrong Fany/Unnie?” I and Yoona asked but she didn’t say anything. I was going to ask her again when we heard a voice behind us.

“Still as loud as ever Steph” Someone said behind me making my eyes wide.

Yoona looked at me and then the person behind me. She went past me and hugged the person behind me. I just stood there doing nothing, I want to turn around and look at her, but I couldn’t move. Fany and others also moved past me and hugged her. I was the only one left. I know she is looking at me, but I just stood there like that time.

June 30th, 2014

It been three years since we started dating. I was looking forward to our date and so was her. We both enjoyed our date. Anyone who sees us can tell we loved each other. We were so happy that we forgot about one important thing… Our families. It was after a month that our families found out about us. They weren’t against our relationship. And we were so happy about it until the day our families met each other.

“Hey Sica, are you ready to meet my father with your family of course” I asked her while looking at her in the mirror. She smiled at me

“Always love.” She said and stood up. I pecked her lips.

“You look beautiful as always love.” I told her as I kissed her head. I took out something from my pocket and slid it on her finger. She looked at me wide eyed. I smiled at her

“Jessica Jung Sooyeon Marry me” I asked her while smiling as she just stood there looking at me.

“I know it’s not a romantic proposal. You know I’m not very good with things like this, but our families will meet each other first time today. It took us three years to finally have their permission and now for the first time all of us will be together under one roof. I want to tell them that we are serious, that we-” I couldn’t finish when Sica kissed me

“Yes, Yes Taeyeon I will marry you. O god you have no idea how happy I’m.” Sica said as she kissed me all over my face making me chuckle.

“Well then let’s go meet our father-in-law’s.” I said as I kissed her.

We both went to the restaurant where our families are going to meet and where I will announce Sica as my fiancé. I parked the car in front of the restaurant and smiled at her.

“Let’s go they will be here any minute now.” I said and held Jessica’s hand.

We moved to our reserved table and waited for our families. My father came with my sister and brother and met Sica. They have met her before, but this will be the first time our families will meet each other. My father excused himself to answer a call.

Sooyeon’s family came and I greeted her father and her sister. We both looked at each other and waited for my father to come back so we can announce that we got engaged. My father came back and looked at Sooyeon’s father with an unreadable expression. I called him

“Appa meet Sooyeon’s father.” I asked my father and Sooyeon did the same

“Dad meet Taeyeon’s father.” We asked them smiled at them. It was awkward as both didn’t say anything and just looked at each other with unreadable expressions. I tried to break the ice by telling them the news.

“Appa and Sir we want to tell you something” I said as I held Sooyeon’s hand

“I and Sica got engaged.” I told them shyly, but they still didn’t say anything.

Me and Sica looked at each other nervously.

“Appa/Dad” We called our father’s again and held their hands making them look at us.

“Sooyeon-ah/Taeyeon-ah I’m sorry” Both of them said making us shocked

“W-why Appa?” I asked as I started getting scared by their reactions

“Why Dad? What’s wrong?” Sooyeon also asked her father but both kept quiet.

“Dad we talked about it. You said you’ll support me.” Sica said as her voice started to crack.

“Appa you said you’re fine with our relationship then why?” I asked him as tears started to come to my eyes. Appa didn’t say anything and just kept glaring at Sica’s father.

“Appa…” I called again making him look at me

“Taeyeon you can be with anyone but not his daughter” Appa said in anger

“Jessi listen I don’t have a problem with you dating a girl, but it can’t be his daughter.” Sica’s father said and was about to leave when we stopped them.

“But why Appa/Dad. I love her” We asked and what our fathers answered us shocked us.

“Do you love her more then your mother? He killed her.” Both said making us look at each other.

“B-but D-dad mom died in a car accident.” Sica asked as her voice shook

“Appa how?” I also looked at my father for answers. They both looked at us with pity for a second but then again glared at each other

“He was the one who was driving” Both said making us look at each other

“You’re lying” We both said as we moved back from them but we both knew it was the truth.

“I really wished I was lying Jessi… I’m sorry” Sica’s father said

“Taeyeon it’s the truth.” Appa said and sighed

“Appa please I can’t live without her.” I said as tears escaped my eyes. Sica looked at me and held my hand making me look at her. I shook my head, she hugged me. and looked at her father.

“Dad please I love her. It’s all in the past and It was an accident.” Sica said while crying. Her father looked at us and sighed.

I looked at my father.

“Appa Sica’s right it’s all in the past. Umma won’t want this… Appa” I said as Appa just looked at me.

“So, you’re telling me I’ve to accept the murder of you Umma. I refuse Taeyeon.” Appa said I was going to say something when Appa said something that made me froze

“You’ve to choose Taeyeon me or her?” I looked at me father and then looked at Sica

“Appa please” I said as tears won’t stop

“Taeyeon this is my final decision” Appa said “If you can’t leave her then I’m also dead for you” Appa said making me look at him. I know he will do what he said. I knew it’s time.

I looked at Sooyeon making her shake her head.

“Please Taeyeon-ah don’t” Sica pleaded but what choice did I have

“I’m sorry Sooyeon” I said as tears escaped my eyes. I wiped her tears and kissed her one last time.

“I’m breaking up with you Sooyeon” I said as I looked at her with tears in my eyes. It broke me to say that.

“No Taeyeon please don’t” Sica said as she looked at me.

“Dad please stop her. Please dad…” Sica said while crying making me choke too. Knowing it’s no one’s fault just some old wounds that were never healed. I knew what I had to do. I took a deep breath and looked at Sica. I held her and made her look at me

“Jessica Jung Sooyeon I’m breaking up… I’m breaking up with you.” I said and removed the ring I gave her few hours ago. Sooyeon looked at me with pain as I took every promise, I made with her. I broke her in front of her everyone.

“He’s my only family Sooyeon please leave.” I said while steeling myself even though I wanted to cry so badly.

Her father came and held her. He looked at me with pity, but I just looked at him and pleaded with my eyes. He nodded at me and took Sica away from me. I didn’t try to stop her.

“Dad no… Please dad.” Sica sad as she looked at her father

“Taeyeon please don’t do this.” Sica said as her dad was trying to pull her away, but she held on my hand. What I was going to do will hurt both of us, but I had to. I used my other hand to remove her hand from mine and her father took her away.

I just stood there doing nothing. My father patted my shoulder and left with my sibling’s. I just looked at her while she left with her family. I looked at my hand that held her a few seconds ago. I just stood there frozen. When she was out of my sight. I let my tears go. I cried as there was no tomorrow. I knew I will regret this decision my whole life.

March 23rd, 2020

“Taeyeon” She called me I took a deep breath and turned around. I smiled at her

“Jessica” I called her and smiled at her

“How are you?” She asked with a small smile on her face

“I’m goo-” before I could finish someone came and put their arm around her waist.

“Sorry baby, it took me a while to find a parking spot.” The person said and looked at me and our other friends.

“Hi, my name is Irene Bae.” The girl said as she held her hand out. I moved my hand to shake her hand when Sica spoke

“Guys as most of you know this is Irene my wife.” Sica said making me look at her. That was when I saw rings on their fingers. So, she got married, now I know why my friends have been forcing me to move on. I had to remind myself to keep a straight face.

“And Irene this is Taeyeon. You met others before.” Jessica said with a smile on her face.

“O so this is the Taeyeon I heard so much about.” Irene said making Jessica pinch her.

“Ow why did yo-” Irene started but stopped as she saw Sica glare at her making me smile a little. She still has deadly glare.

“Sorry love” Irene said and pecked Sica’s lips making me look away. Sica just smiled and kissed her check.

“Don’t worry baby.” Jessica said with a smile. I just kept looking at her when one my friends asked Irene to join them. She looked at Sica and squeezed her hand before going.

“You seem happy.” Taeyeon said making Jessica look at her.

“Because I’m happy Taeyeon.” Sica said with a smile

“I’m happy to know that you’re happy Sica.” I said with a smile.

“I want you to be happy Taeyeon” Jessica said making me smile

“I’m happ-” Sica didn’t let me finish.

“You can’t lie to me Taeyeon.” Jessica said and held my hand “Please move on” She said with a smile

I looked at her with a small smile on my face.

“I’m sorry Sooyeon… I-I couldn’t protect us.” I said as I looked at her

“It’s ok Taeyeon it’s all in the past.” Sica said and I remembered she said the same thing that day.

“I’m sorry I regretted it even Appa said he was wrong, but it was to late.” I said as I looked away

“And I forgave both of you. Past is past Taeyeon let’s look at our future instead of the past. I’ve Irene, she is the one I love now but you were my first love and one of my best friends that fact can’t change. So please promise me you will move on.” Sica said and held my hand

“I promise I will move on” I said with a smile. She let go of my hand and went to her wife.

I guess that’s it. I will regret what I did. If only I thought about it more then maybe I would be the one… I shouldn’t be thinking like this. My friends came and patted my back. I smiled at them at least I have all of them and Sica as a friend too.