One

Lioness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/n: sorry for any mistakes in advance, i became more self conciosn about my writing and I'm trying my best to make yall have a good reading experience.

 

 

Another day was starting. The warmth of the morning sun entered the room in which the windows were covered by the window blinds that were not fully closed. 

Yongsun opened her eyes a little as the annoying sound of her phone alarm was saying it was time to wake up. 

 

She lazily turned to the other side to turn the phone off. A groan left her lips as she turned around again to embrace a warm body and nuzzle into a soft fluffy ear. A soft tail-flick on Yongsun’s thigh warned that Hyejin woke up as well.

 

“Morning kitty.” 

 

Yongsun said, muffled against Hyejin’s ear as she kissed the girl’s head. Hyejin pushed more of her body against the older snuggling closer, almost fusing herself with Yongsun. Her hand went to the hybrid’s hair giving slow scritches that made Hyejin purr. 

 

Hearing and feeling Hyejin purr was an instant boost of serotonin to Yongsun, if she purred because of her, that was it, nothing could bring her down on that day.

 

“Common Jinnie, I have to go to work.” 

 

Yongsun sat on the bed, rubbing her eyes and instantly missing the warmth of Hyejin’s body. She felt something soft brush against her thigh again, and that was the girl’s tail. 

Instantly a smile appeared in Yongsn’s lips as she took the opportunity to take the soft tail and caress along its length a couple of times.

 

Yongsun got up, stretching her body, hearing all her bones crack, she looked to the side, seeing Hyejin do the same. 

 

Hyejin sat on the bed while watching Yongsun go to the bathroom. 

 

She pouted.

 

It wasn't like she was dependent on yongsun or something, but she loves when she would stay in bed for longer while giving her ear scratches, scratching her on the base of her tail, or petting the length of it or just receivings pets at all. She loved receiving Yongsun’s attention all day long, but on days like that, Yongsun would be out for the whole day, and Hyejin would be bored at some point. 

 

The hybrid got out of bed looking at the messy bed, she could spot some strings of black fur all over the white mattress and pillow, clear evidence that she was there, plus also a warning that she needed grooming. She dragged her feet lazily to the living room, her tail waving behind her as well with a lazy and small motion, her ears facing back as she rubbed her palm against her eye. It was going to be a long day after all.

 

A yawn left her lips, and she walked to the big window in Yongsun's living room. The morning sun was the best, and the soft yellow glow that was going through that window, forming a light square on the ground, was a spot for a nice sunbathing moment.

 

She laid down on the cool wooden floor under the soft light and stayed there. Her eyes closed, tail tip giving slow whips, and she enjoyed the warmth spreading through her body. Her ear also flicked from time to time. It felt so good she started purring again.

 

When Yongsun took her in, she lacked in trusting others and allowing herself to feel comfortable, but the more she spent with yongsun and, the more she showed she was safe. Hyejin was opening herself more and more to the point she would let Yongsun give her belly rubs.

 

“Enjoying the sun, kitten?"

 

A soft voice spoke in the background as footsteps approached her. Hyejin didn't open her eyes, but she knew it was Yongsun, of course.

 

Kim sat on the ground behind Hyejin and smiled, watching the hybrid for a moment, but she had to make breakfast for them.

When she was about to stand up, Hyejin opened one eye, and her tail wrapped loosely around Yongsun’s wrist.

 

“Pet me…” 

 

She said with a low voice, making Yongsun melt. Just a bit wouldn't kill anyone, right? 

Yongsun sat down again and laid on the ground after it, she put her hand under Hyejin’s purple oversized shirt and the length of her back a few times, making a purr vibrate through Hyejin’s body. Yongsun brushed her thumb against the base of the girl’s tail for a brief moment, and then her hand traveled over her waist to the part Yongsun loved to touch the most.

Yongsun lifted Hyejin’s shirt a bit just enough to expose the torso, and her hands roomed there the soft flesh and feeling the vibration of the purr. Yongsun wished she could stay all day like that, but she had to go to work.

 

 

“C’mon Jinnie I have to make breakfast.”  

 

Yongsun stood up making, the hybrid groan at the loss of contact. Yongsun walked to the kitchen while Hyejin stayed on the floor under the sun's warmth.

 

 

Hyejin could smell the food from the living room, and before Yongsun could call the hybrid, she was already sitting on the table.

 

“Food is what moves you, isn’t it?”

 

Yongsun giggled, watching Hyejin eat like she has been starving for days.

 

Watching the lioness eat made Yongsun happy as well. She remembers when she took Hyejin in and how protective over her food she was or when she wouldn’t eat until Yongsun left the room, but now, she was eating well.

 

 

Hyejin observed the older woman as she walked around the house, getting ready and packing up her stuff inside her purse, getting her keys, phone, and coat. Hyejin was laying on the couch, her tail moving back and forth as she followed Yongsun with her eyes.

 

Kim kneeled by the couch and kissed the girl’s nose tip, whispering she would be right back while caressing her cheeks. In the beginning, Hyejin used to suffer from separation anxiety since she had become hyper attached to the older becoming dependent and lacking in self-confidence since Yongsun was the only one who she could trust and had taken care of her. It was understandable, but they had to overcome that. Now Hyejin would just peacefully wait in the house taking naps, playing with the toys Yongsun has gotten her, watching something on the tv since the older taught her how to turn it on, off and switch channels, or she would just be lazy around the house. Yongsun bought a phone as well, so Hyejin could call or message her when she needed it and vice versa. The younger didn't show much interest in it and didn’t like the loud sounds it made when a message or a call arrived.

 

Kim went to the door, put on her shoes, and waved a last goodbye to the hybrid and left. Now Hyejin was alone. She looked at the clock, even having no idea how to point out the time in it, she knew that Yongsun would arrive when the clock’s pointers would be in a specific position, but this would take a lot of time. 

 

Hyejin laid back on the couch, making herself comfortable, her eyelids were getting heavier and heavier. A little nap would be good.

 

 

Half of the day had passed, and Hyejin woke up with her stomach growling, she wanted to extend her nap, but she was hungry. A yawn left her lips as her tail moved lazily as she got up. She heard the phone Yongsun gave her buzz on the top of the coffee table, signalizing someone sent her a message. She grabbed the phone and saw the message from Yongsun.

 

Hyejinnie, lunch is on the fridge, okay? Just heat it on the microwave. I made your favorite, please, take care.

 

Hyejin started to purr after reading the message. Yongsun would usually make lunch on the night before and put it in the fridge so the hybrid could just heat up and eat on the following day. She didn't want Hyejin to get into accidents in the kitchen.

 

 

 

 

 

"You're staring so hard that you're gonna open a hole in my face." Said Byulyi, Yongsun's friend and work colleague.

 

"I'm not staring at you."

 

"So why are you spacing out so hard? Thinking about your cat girl?"

 

 The younger teased, but the response was Yongsun's eyes trying to avoid Byulyi's face as she got caught.

 

 "Oh my God, you are thinking about her!" 

 

"Shut up!" 

 

Yongsun tried to slap the girl's arm.

 "I'm just worried if she already ate or not." 

 

Byulyi's expression softened. 

 

"Unnie, don't worry, she's not the same as when she first arrived. She's doing great alone, and she must be napping... It's not like she will regress it has been years already remember what wheein said." 

 

Wheein was Yongsun’s best friend too, and she was a veterinarian and helped Yongsun quite a lot with the hybrid when she first arrived.

 

"I know...it has been

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter