THE 1ST ROUND

TRUTH OR DARE

FLASHBACK-Third Person POV

 

A woman’s scream is heard from a distance. Heavy footsteps are pittering through the house. 

 

“Bom i’m coming up there.” A young girl is seen running up onto the roof while bulbs are cracking behind her. “BOM!”

 

“Chaerin” Bom gasped as Chaerin stepped up closer to the edge of the roof. “Chaerin? Good that’s good.” Bom says as Chaerin crawls closer to the edge. “Just stand up.” Bom screams as Chaerin keeps going over to the edge.

 

“Bom I can’t do this.” Chaerin screams as she closes her eyes.

 

“You can Chaerin.” Bom quickly looks at her watch. “We’re almost out of time.” Bom says while her voice wavered.

 

“Ah! I can’t do this!” Chaerin screams not getting up.

 

“You can! Just don’t think about it.” Bom kept looking behind her seeing more light bulbs going out. “Come on, Chaerin! Just stand up.” Bom started crying. Chaerin started trying to get up. “You’re doing great. Just stand up! You got this.” Chaerin stood up fully looking over the edge. “Just focus on the grass Chaerin.” Bom said, trying to comfort Chaerin. “Come on, Chaerin! You have to jump now.” Bom screamed. “Chaerin?” Bom said, questioning. “CHAERIN!” A bell rang signaling that their time was up. Chaerin fell from the roof. She got impaled by a gate that was at the bottom. Bom cried out looking over the edge until she heard a voice.

 

“Bom~” An anonymous voice called out her name. She started crying harder. She ran into the house. While she was running all the mirrors started etching out a phrase ‘Pour the acid over your head’. She saw a lonely bucket in the middle of the hallway. It slowly scraped it’s way across the floor to her. She grabbed it and brought it over onto a kitchen counter. 

 

“Please god.” She whispered walking over to the fridge. She opened it searching for something. She saw a box of baking soda and put it on the counter. Next she put a little water into a bowl. Mixing the water and baking soda into the bowl she then put the mixture all over head and face. She poured the acid onto her head and started painfully screaming.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIRD PERSON POV

 

3 cars were seen driving on a highway. The music playing loudly from their cars.

 

“Seriously, babe, where the hell are we going.” A young girl with black hair and bangs said.

 

“We are going north.” Seemingly the black haired girl’s girlfriend responded. A girl with lilac hair sitting in the back of the car threw a cracker to The black haired girl. They laughed. “It’s Yeri’s annual halloween scare venture, whatever you want to call it. So just enjoy the mystery.” The cat eyed girl said while driving.

 

“Oh, okay, cool. Hopefully, it’s better than last year's ‘scary’ corn maze.” The black haired girl said while pulling out her phone.

 

“Yeah I hope Seulgi doesn’t break any more bones this year.” The lilac haired girl said.

 

“Well, she did get like a jillion hits on that video though.” The cat eyed girl said smiling.

 

“Yeah, but she missed the playoffs.” The black haired girl said questiongly.

 

“True.” The brown haired girl said nodding her head. “But, wow, can Seulgi scream or what?” She said asking the two other girls in the car.

 

“Oh, so you like it when they scream. Ah.” The black haired girl said climbing over and kissing the cat eyed girl.

 

“Okay, I will jump out of this moving vehicle right now if this capade goes any further.” The lilac haired girl said with her head against the window.

 

“Are you jealous?” The black haired girl said turning her head to look at the lilac haired girl.

 

“Hey, you should have invited. Ah, wow, what’s her face.” The cat eyed girl said looking at the road.

 

“Yeah, when your friends refer to your on-again-mostly-off whatever she is as “what’s her face”, it’s usually a safe bet that the relationship isn’t gonna work out.” The lilac haired girl said looking at the black haired girl.

 

“She’s out there, Rosie.” The blackhaired girl said softly.

 

“Yeah.” The lilac haired girl said clicking her tongue. She looked into the mirror staring at the cat eyed girl. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“What exactly do your friends know about me?” There is talking coming from the next car behind. A girl with black hair said to the girl next to her.

 

“Well, they know that you’re a great lay.” the brown haired girl said. The black haired girl hit her arm multiple times. 

 

“Seulgi, why would you say that?” The black haired girl said.

 

“Well, you are.” Seulgi said acting like it was the most true thing.

 

“You’re such a tool.” The black haired girl said chuckling.

 

“You are a great lay, You want me to lie to my friends, is that what?” Seulgi said, looking at the black haired girl.

 

“I hate you.” The black haired girl said smiling. They both started chuckling.

 

“Well, they know your name, they know you’re a little bit shy. They know you’re into pitchers.” Seulgi said, keeping her eyes on the road.

 

“Pitchers of beer.” The black haired girl turned her head to Seulgi.

 

“Ah, right. Not baseball pitchers. No.” Seulgi said smiling.

 

“No.” The black haired girl responded.

 

“They’re well aware of your alcoholism.” Seulgi said, nodding. 

 

“Yeah, i’m not into you. At all.” The black haired girl said, shaking her head.

 

“They know that you may have stalked me after one of my games.” Seulgi said, moving her arm animatedly. 

 

“It was one time, let it go.” The black haired girl said looking down.

 

“Well you did do it. Look, they’re, my friends. They’re going to love you.” Seulgi said, looking at the girl lovingly.

 

“Okay.” The black haired girl said with the same look of love on her face. Seulgi turned up the radio a bit while the station played Bing Bing by Red Velvet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Everyone got to the house and parked their cars. Yeri is on the front porch holding a tripod recording everyone.

 

“Welcome, my pretties.” Yeri said enthusiastically. “Ooh Joy! Me-ow.” Yeri said to Joy who was wearing cat ears.

 

“What do you expect? You say halloween and party. I hear costumes.” Joy said. Everyone chuckled.

 

“And cats have really good hearing.” A dark haired girl said standing infront of Yeri’s camera.

 

“Yeah, well the camera’s loving kitties.” Yeri said, teasing Joy. The all scoffed

 

“Oh, you must be the stalker.” The dark haired girl said to the black haired girl. “Hi i’m Jisoo.” Jisoo held her hand out.

 

“The stalker. So Seulgi told you.” The black haired girl said, shaking Jisoo’s hand. “I’m also vegan, so I might as well put that out there now.”

 

“Oh, i’m not a vegan. This bag is full of meat.” Jisoo said looking into the bag. “I like meat.” Jisoo said playfully “A bag full of meat, yeah. Milady.” Jisoo said bowing

 

“Hey, I'm Irene.” Irene said introducing herself.

 

“I’m Lisa.” The black haired girl said standing next to the cat eyed girl. Irene waved

 

“Hey, Yeri, can I ask you a question?” Jisoo asked. Yeri nodded. “Why did you bring us to your grandma’s rundown house.” Jisoo said, furrowing her eyes.

 

Yeri chuckled “That’s funny. It’s the same thing your mom asks me every time she brings me her for some one-on-one.” Everyone groaned. “Who wants to see what’s inside.” Yeri said walking over to the door. “Come on let’s check it out.” Yeri said, opening the door as they all file in.

 

“Listen, doctor Jennie I've had like this clicking in my wrist.” Seulgi said, moving her wrist around showing Jennie.

 

“Do you think i’m in med school to be your personal physician?” Jennie jokingly asked.

 

“Unless you’re a hot chick that needs something checked out, it’s a hard pass. But from woman to woman just use a vibe.” Jennie said walking away.

 

“Use a vibe.” Seulgi said, imitating Jennie.

 

“Come on.” Yeri said walking in the front. “Tell me this place isn’t prime.” Yeri said, moving away some cobwebs. 

 

“Right.” Jisoo said, snickering dropping her food bag on the ground. “Well, happy halloween.” She said sarcastically. “Courtesy of your neighborhood serial killer.” She said standing next to Lisa. “Where did you bring us?” Jisoo asked. Lisa nodded her head next to her.

 

“Yeri when you said overnight. I think we expected something a little less, uh..” Jennie said not being able to finish her sentence.

 

“Sad? Desolate?” Lisa questioned.

 

“Tragic.” Lisa and Rosé said at the same time. They both laughed.

 

“Ah, the power of besties.” Lisa said. Her and Rosé wrapped their pinkies together and kissed their thumbs.

 

Yeri sighs “See? Now, I just thought that was the power of you two regressing to the second grade. Again, and again, and again, and again.” Yeri said, teasing them.

 

“Dude, what are we doing here.” Seulgi slapped the hand that Yeri was holding her camera in. 

 

“Whoa!” Yeri said, making sure her camera doesn’t fall. “Oh, okay, all right. Ever hear of scrayrentals.com” Yeri said pointing at each one of them.

 

“Hey babe sure you don’t wanna go over to a hotel.” Irene said to Seulgi. 

 

“No, come one. Guys, it’ll be fun. We’re here to explore. Look for ghosts, channel spirits, whatever. Look, it’s the perfect pre-Halloween, Halloween thing to do. I mean it’s a total, uh… Dead and breakfast” Yeri said exasperated.

 

“No. Absolutely not.” Seulgi said. Joy started laughing, putting her arm around Jisoo.

 

“All right, picture it. This place 2009. Right here in this house, seven teenagers played…” Yeri started messing around with the keys on the piano. “Truth or dare.” Everyone started sitting down on the couches. 

 

“God, ‘09 really was tragic, wasn’t it?” Jisoo said. Everyone chuckled.

 

“You know what Jisoo they were because all, but one of them died...horrible, painful deaths.” Yeri said.

 

“Wait. In this house?” Irene questioned.

 

“Yeah. That’s what i’m saying. Can’t you feel it. You guys, overnight, this place became a haunted house. The people moved away. The neighborhood started dying. This place has powers.” Yeri said blatantly.

 

“Yeah, okay.” Jisoo said mockingly. “Let’s hope it has real power.”

 

“Okay, okay, wait. What about the person who survived?” Lisa asked Yeri.

 

“Points to Lisa for paying attention.” Yeri pointed at her. “She was never seen since. But rumor has it if you did see her, her face would haunt you forever.” Yeri went behind Irene and booed in her ear. Irene flinched away and looked at a laughing Yeri. Everyone else followed suit and laughed.

 

“Dude, get to the part where you stop boring us already.” Seulgi laughed out.

 

“All right. Saddle up. We’re gonna find out once and for all if things really do go bump in the night.” Yeri said, getting more excited.

 

Rosé groaned. “I was afraid you’d say that.

 

“Babe, are you sure you want to stay here?” Irene asked Seulgi once more.

 

“It’s one night in Yeri’s houseofhorror.lame. We got this.” Seulgi said, walking over to Irene. Jisoo pushed Seulgi’s knee. Seulgi screamed scaredly. Everyone laughed.

 

“All right, let’s unload and then we begin.” Yeri said to everyone as they moved out of the living room. As Lisa was moving to check out the house she stopped in front of an old grandfather clock. She felt like something was off with it. As she was staring the minute hand moved backwards by 1 minute. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“When a bunch of young adults freeze up in front of the camera, when all they do is take photos all day.” Yeri says as she moves the camera in front of all of them.

 

“You really weren’t kidding. You’re gonna videotape everything tonight?”Joy asked, rolling her eyes when the camera went to her.

 

“Yeah. Yeri here, is the founding member…” Seulgi started saying with her arm around Irene.

 

“The only member.” Joy cut her off.

 

“Of the film club, or whatever it is that you do by yourself.” Jisoo finished Joy’s sentence for her.

 

“Don’t need to know what she does by herself, thank you.” Joy cut Jisoo off.

 

“Ah, but, sweets, you’re with me in spirit every second i'm doing it.” Yeri said, putting an arm around Joy’s shoulder.

 

“Lucky me. Read between the lines” Joy says, shoving Yeri’s arm from on her.

 

“You know what? I actually kind of think it’s cool. Here I got you a beer” Irene interjected. While handing Yeri a beer.

 

“Thank you.” Yeri exaggerated her words.

 

“You’re welcome.” Irene said sincerely. “Oh my god.” Irene saw a bug on the ground and started stomping on it.

 

“It’s dead!” Rosé said.

 

“Ugh, it’s so disgusting.” Irene groaned.

 

“Isn’t that against veggie law? I mean roaches are people too” Joy said mockingly.

 

“They are not people. They are vile creatures and they can eat me.” Irene said upset.

 

“Tempting.” Yeri said chuckling.

 

“All right, we’re roach-free. Now what?” Jennie says.

 

“Now… Wait for it. We play the game.” Everyone looked at Yeri. “Truth or Dare!” Yeri said like everyone should know. The grandfather clock chimed. Everyone looked at it strangely. It wasn’t supposed to be chiming.

 

“That was weird.” Rosé said what everyone was thinking.

 

“Yeah. How’d you pull that one off, Yeri.” Seulgi asked.

 

“Who cares? I want to do a séance. Like, engage with the other side, the afterlife.” Joy suggested

 

“Well, Sooyoungie, good thing I stuffed an Ouija board down my pants before we left.” Lisa said jokingly. Everyone else laughed.

 

“OMG. And then we can talk about how cute Jennie is, and totally braid each other’s hair.” Seulgi mocked.

 

“All right, all right, all right. But come one. Think about it. How cool it would be to play that game in this house where all hell broke loose?” Yeri suggested.

 

“You mean, where all those people died.” Lisa said, putting her head down on Jennie’s shoulder.

 

“I’m in.” Joy said excitedly. “But i'm not doing anything ual.”

 

“Uh, ditto.” Irene agreed.

 

“Boo!” Seulgi, Jennie, and Yeri all said.

 

“Keep it clean, now.” Lisa said over top of the booing.

 

“Fine. Nothing ual.” Yeri agreed.

 

“Oh, we promise.” Jisoo cheekily said.

 

“And you know what? Nothing illegal. Cause, um, the rental’s in my name.” Yeri quickly added. Yeri stood up. “All right. Uh… I got some cards and I got pens.” Yeri said, pulling black cards out of her jacket pocket. “We’ll, uh, write down some dares and truths, and we’ll mix them up.” Yeri explained.

 

Lisa put down her drink. “All right. Hand it over.” She stood up and grabbed a piece of paper for her and Jennie. 

 

Sooner or later everyone was writing down their truth and dares. Once everyone was done Yeri put them all face down.

 

“Who wants to go first.” Yeri asked.

 

“Know what? I’m feeling feisty.” Lisa got up and picked up a card. She grabbed it and took a look.

 

“Really, did we not just go over this.” Lisa read the card outloud. “Make out with Rosé.” Everyone laughed.

 

“That’s crazy. You should probably do that one, though.” Jisoo said.

 

“Come on. She’s your ‘bestie’ remember? It’ll be like kissing your sister.” Yeri said.

 

“That’s totally not a thing, ew.” Rosé said.

 

“Ok Rosie pucker up.” Lisa went over to Rosé and started kissing her.

 

“Yeah, I am definitely pregnant after that.” Jisoo jokes.

 

“All right, all right, i’ll go next.” Rosé suggested. “Let’s see who else you guys want me to kiss.” Rosé went over and picked up a card. She looked at the card and her face fell.

 

“Well?” Jennie questioned.

 

“I’m not playing.” Rosé closed up the card.

 

“That’s not the rules. No quitsies. Just do the card.” Yeri interjected.

 

“Come on, just…” Rosé cut Jisoo's sentence.

 

“I’m not playing the card.” Rosé tried to get up. Seulgi took the card from Rosé’s hands. “Stop! Give it back!” Rosé yelled. They passed the card to Joy. She opened it up and read the card aloud.

 

“Did you sleep with Jennie?” Everyone’s face fell.

 

“I did not have ual relations-”

 

“Shut up, Jisoo!” Rosé intervened. She scoffed. “I didn’t sleep with Jennie.” After Rosé said that all their phones chimed. They all received a text that said ‘Liar.’ Lisa looked in between Jennie and Rosé. “I can’t do this anymore. Um… I made a mistake. When you were away with your family Jennie and I got drunk, and we hooked up. But it didn’t mean anything. It meant nothing. But, Lisa, you’re my best friend. I’m so sorry.” Rosé confessed. Lisa stood up and left the living room.

 

“Babe, wait.”

 

“Lisa?”

 

“Whoever wrote that is dead.” Jennie got up and followed behind Lisa. 

 

“Yeri, I can’t believe you.” Rosé got up and followed behind the two.

 

Jisoo looked around. “Intense.” She said in a small voice. “Shot? Shot? Shot?” She asked the remaining people in the living room.

 

Lisa was crying near the back door of the house. Jennie came up to her.

 

“Babe just please let me explain.” Jennie said, trying to grab her arm.

 

“Like, I want details?” Lisa questioned. “Don’t, seriously, Jennie.” Lisa said taking steps away from her.

 

“Lis, just please listen to me, all right?” Jennie said, trying to reason with her.

 

“Just, get away from me.” Lisa walked away. She quickly walked up the stairs.

 

“Who did you tell?” Rosé questioned Jennie.

 

“I never said a word.” She answered. Rosé scoffed as Jennie walked back to the living room. “I want to know who the hell did this.” Jennie said angrily.

 

“Jen, look, none of us knew.” Joy said.

 

Jennie picked up the cards and flipped up the top one. In bad handwriting it stated ‘Put your hands on the hot stove’. 

 

“Seriously.” Jennie threw the card at Yeri.

 

“Yeah, that’s messed up.” Seulgi queried. The grandfather clock chimed again. Jennie kept flipping through the cards and they all said ‘You have two minutes’.

 

“That’s not even my handwriting.” Yeri said.

 

“Well, i’m not doing it! I don’t wanna be in anymore of your dumb videos” Jennie yelled hitting Yeri’s camera out of her hands.

 

“Jennie, are you kidding me.” 

 

Jennie looked at the cards again and now they say ‘Do the dare or the dare does you’.

 

“Grow the hell up.” Jennie walked back out of the living room. Jennie walked into the kitchen and grabbed another beer. You could hear the sound of the stove top turning on. The lights started crackling. The table where Jennie put her beer moved. Making the bottle fall and shatter. A chair quickly moved towards Jennie making her become unbalanced. Her hand falls upon the heated stove. She starts painfully screaming.

 

“Oh, god.” She screams out in pain. She tries moving her hand off the stove. But it won’t come off. “Help! Help!” She screams out.

 

Rosé and Irene quickly run into the kitchen. They both quickly run up to Jennie.

 

“What happened?” Rosé asks.

 

“Get my medic pack from the car.” Jennie orders Rosé. Jennie turns on the cold water faucet and puts her hand under it.

 

“What’s going on? Oh my god, what happened?” Lisa runs into the kitchen asking Rosé and Irene. “What did you do?” She asks Jennie.

 

“It wasn’t me.” She answers.

 

“What do you mean?” Lisa asks again.

 

“It wasn’t me!” Rosé runs in holding the medic bag. She puts it down on the counter and opens it up. “I need burn ointment, gauze, and some aspirin.” She orders Rosé to get them for her. She quickly takes them out and sets them down next to Jennie. “Lis I need you to apply the cream and wrap my hand for me ok.” Jennie orders. Lisa nods her head. She opens up the cream and applies it to the burn. Jennie flinches multiple times but the cream is fully applied to the burn. Lisa moves Jennie over to a chair and she starts wrapping the gauze to Jennie’s burned area.

 

“Just bring that around. Around this side. There we go.” Lisa wrapped the whole thing around Jennie’s burned hand.

 

“You set this whole freak show up.” Jisoo started accusing Yeri.

 

“He’s right.” Irene agreed with Jisoo. “You’re the one that wanted to go viral.” 

 

“You know what? it, newbie.” Yeri said. “You don’t know me, and you don’t know Jennie. Maybe you slept with her too.” Yeri scoffed.

 

“That’s enough.” Seulgi interjected.

 

“I’m not making this up.” As Jennie says that the old beat up TV turns on.

 

“Ok, i’m drunk, but I am not that drunk.” Jisoo says walking a little bit closer to the Tv. A distorted voice is heard from the TV.

 

“Three rounds. Forty-eight hours or you die.” They all look around each other.

 

“Die?” Irene asks. One of the cards floats over and lands in front of Irene. She slowly picks it up.

 

“What does it say?” Lisa asks.

 

“Eat Jennie’s burnt flesh.” Irene reads outloud. Once she finishes speaking the TV flashes. It shows the number ‘4’.

 

“Four minutes,” Rosé says. Everyone looks at Irene and then to the TV.

 

“You play your dumb pranks on the rest of us, but you leave her out of it.” Seulgi says, grabbing onto Yeri’s jacket collar. Yeri pushes Seulgi off of her.

 

“How many times do I have to say that I am not behind it? All I did was rent this house. All right? I wanted us to have fun. Have a few drinks, whatever. Haunted house, great! If I caught something on camera, bonus. I did not write that card. And I did not set up any tricks.” Yeri said upsetly. “Jesus, I would never hurt anybody.”

 

“Oh yeah.” Seulgi said, walking over to Irene taking her card and ripping it up.

 

“Last year was an accident, and you know that.” Yeri said while Seulgi walked up to her and threw that ripped up card at her.

 

“Yeah, well, we’re outta here.” Seulgi walked up to Irene and took her hand. “Let’s grab your stuff.” The pair walked away. But as they opened the front door it retracted and closed again. All the doors started slamming shut. Everyone went into the foyer. As they got in there the doors around them closed. They all ran into the kitchen. Every door around them shut and locked. Lisa ran up to a window and tried to break it down using a chair. The chair hit the window. But it never shattered. Pieces of wood were thrown onto every window in the kitchen. Now there was no way out. Everyone was screaming for help while hitting the doors.

 

“We gotta do the dare.” Jennie said in the mits of everyone screaming. “The dare…”

 

“Everybody shut up!” Rosé screamed. She looked at Jennie. “What?”

 

“I think you gotta do the dare.” Jennie said looking at Irene.

 

“What? No.” Irene said.

 

“I had two minutes and I didn’t do it.”

 

“Look, I know this is nuts, but I think Jen is right.” Seulgi says. “I think you gotta do it. It was your card Ire.” Seulgi explained.

 

“Screw you. I am not doing it!” A door creaked open. Joy the person closest to the door backed away. Everyone stared at the inside.

 

“Oh my god, you guys. We’re wasting time here. I mean. She had four minutes. Jen’s card said two. And then, she got hurt because…” Lisa rambled on.

 

“Because I didn’t do the dare. The dare did me.” Jennie said, finishing her sentence.

 

“Irene, you have to do it. You only have a couple of minutes left.” Lisa said coming up to Irene.

 

“Come on! We have to do something! Check your phones! Come on! Calls! Just text!” Jisoo said frustradly.

 

“Shoot. No signal” They all kept trying to use their phones. But no one had a signal.

 

“Irene, come on!” Lisa said frantically.

 

“No, no, I can’t.” Irene said crying.

 

“This could be our way out!” Rosé said, trying to touch Irene’s shoulder.

 

“Let go!” Irene screamed out.

 

“Hey, Irene, look, look at me. Hey, hey, hey. Hey, we’re not sure what’s going on, but something is happening and we have to handle it. That means you, Irene, and it means right now, okay?” Lisa said, trying to calm her down.

 

“Okay, I know that this is crazy, but we gotta do this, okay? I’m right there with you. Come on.” Seulgi comforted Irene caressing her cheeks.

 

“Okay.” Irene said quickly going over to the stovetop. “I can’t do it.” As Irene says that the stove moves a little in her direction. Irene walks up to the stove and picks up a small piece. She cries as she puts the item into . You could hear gagging from the others in the kitchen. Irene swallows it and cries. Seulgi pulls Irene into her embrace. Suddenly a telephone rings. Rosé slowly walked up to the telephone. As she got closer she noticed that the line on the phone was cut. 

 

“Answer it” Joy screams. Rosé finally picks up the phone and as the call goes on she seems to get more scared.

 

“What is it?” Lisa asked, going up next to her. Rosé drops the phone on the ground. She looks at the group.

 

“All of it.” Rosé says looking at Irene.

 

“No, I can’t. I can’t. I can’t do it.” Irene says shaking her head. She starts sobbing. The lights in the kitchen start quickly flickering.

 

“Do it! Come on.” Jisoo yells.

 

“You have to do it Irene.” Lisa says to her. Irene quickly walks back up to the stove and puts the rest of it into . 

 

“Ok I did it.” Irene sobs out. Everyone quickly walks out the kitchen.

 

“There has to be a way out of here.” Seulgi says running up the stairs. Everyone else runs to every door and window in the house trying to get them open. As they are all trying to pry open the front door. The piano from the living room is heard repeating one note over and over again. When they walk over to the piano all the sheet music is plastered on it. Written in what looks to be blood the papers say ‘FINISH THE ROUND’. They all gasp.

 

“We have to play three round.” Lisa says.

 

“Lisa, no.” Rosé retorts.

 

“Well maybe you can sleep with it. We’ll all be home free.” Lisa mocks.

 

“That’s not fair.” Jennie buts in.

 

“Not fair?” Lisa responds. Everyone starts walking closer and closer to the piano. “I think it’s pretty clear, you know, we do the dare, we live. We don’t…”

 

“Well who hasn’t gone?” Yeri askes. 

“You, Jisoo, Seulgi, and Sooyoungie.” Lisa starts listing off.

 

“I can’t. I’m not doing it.” Joy says shaking her head.

 

“Nobody wants to. This is ridiculous.” Seulgi says.

 

“What aren't you guys getting? Come one.” Lisa says to Seulgi.

 

“Why don’t you step up, babe?” Seulgi says angrily to Lisa.

 

“Step off it, Seulgi.” Jennie says.

 

“Okay, just shut up! Okay, I’ll do it. Are you happy? I’ll do it. Fine.”Jisoo screams. Jisoo picks up a card and looks at it. She gasps. “Grab the wires.” She reads outloud.

 

“What does that even mean.” Rosé says looking around. Suddenly the chandelier falls down leaving the sparkly wires exposed. The grandfather clock starts chiming. The anonymous voice starts speaking again

 

“One minute.” The voice says.

 

“Yeri, grab that blanket over there.” Jennie starts ordering around.

 

“What?”Yeri asks.

 

“Grab that blanket.” Jennie says again. Jennie then walks next to Jisoo putting a hand on her shoulder. “Hey, Jisoo? Hey. Hey, pay attention. All right? Calm down, pay attention. Now, i’m not gonna lie. It’s gonna hurt. You might not be able to let go. Yeri, you’re gonna hold the blanket. You’re gonna run as fast as you can toward Jisoo.” Jennie explains.

 

“Why me?” Yeri questions.

 

“Yeri, just shut up, all right? Just do it.” Jennie turns back to face Jisoo. “Jisoo, now whenever she gets to you, I want you to grab the wires. Yeri will slam into you and knock you from the circuit. Now if this works…”

 

“If?” Jisoo says anxiously.

 

“It should.” Jennie replies.

 

“It should what?” Jisoo says with a shaky voice.

 

“Keep you alive.” Jennie says with certainty.

 

“That’s a big if.” Jisoo says with an incredulous look on her face.

 

“It’s all we got.” Jennie reassured her. “Hey, Yeri, you gotta be fast. You gotta be really fast.”

 

“Okay. Well, a good thing my buddy Yeri’s on all-state track, right?”Jisoo says with pep in her voice.

 

“She wasn’t all anything.” Joy says, confused.

 

Jisoo walks up to the wires “No, she’s not all… I’m just trying to lighten up the mood, okay?” Jisoo responds.

 

“Jisoo are you ready?” Jennie quickly asks.

 

“Yeah, as ready as I’m gonna be.” Jisoo responds.

 

“Okay Yeri here we go.” Jennie says getting Yeri ready.

 

“Wait! Wait! Take off your watch! Take off your watch!” Lisa quickly yells.

 

“She’s right. Take off anything metal that can heat up and burn.” Jennie says calmly. Jisoo starts taking off pieces of jewelry and throwing them to Jennie. “Ok Yeri go.” As Jennie says that Yeri takes off running to Jisoo. Jisoo touched the wires for a few seconds before Yeri knocked her out of the way. The both fell to the ground. White foam started coming from Jisoo’s mouth. Everyone runs up to her. Jisoo gasps in a breath of air. Everyone let out a sigh that she was still alive.

 

“Take this. I can’t do this.” Irene says handing Rosé Jisoo’s things. She walks away from the group. Seulgi quickly followed behind her. Everyone else in the foyer starts helping Jisoo to her feet. “I’m going nuts. This is completely crazy.” Irene says pacing the hallway.

 

“Hey, hey, hey.” Seulgi says walking up to Irene.

 

“This is insane.” Irene says still pacing. Seulgi grabs onto her arms “No, no, no!” Rosé walks up to where the pair are. While the others are helping Jisoo “Hello? I just ate a person’s skin! “

 

“Calm down. You’re not helping.” Rosé says getting frustrated.

 

“Like you would know! You’ve answered one question! You haven’t done anything.” Irene says pointing at Rosé.

 

“Jisoo just got electrocuted!” Joy yells from the main hallway.

 

“I’m done!” Irene tries walking up the stairs.

 

“Okay, enough is enough, all right? Ghost, spirit, monster, I don’t care! I’m done playing it’s stupid game!” Seulgi states.

 

“Pay attention, guys. You do the dare…” As Lisa was speaking a clattering noise was heard. The glass door on the grandfather clock opens up. Written on the door said ‘SMASH YOUR KNEE’.

 

“Or the dare does you.” Rosé finishes. Seulgi just stares at the glass door. A rattling is heard coming from the stairs. When they all look over a wooden baseball bat is seen rolling down. The bat falls down to the bottom of the steps. Just pointed towards Seulgi. The grandfather clock chimes and etched on the ceiling is the number two. “Two minutes. We have two minutes.”

 

“Seulgi two minutes.”Irene says.

 

“Oh, no, no! This is my scholarship we’re talking about, guys! Scouts are coming! This is my shot! We can’t just smash my knee…” Seulgi shakes her head.

 

“You’re not gonna be able to play anything if you’re dead!” Rosé reasons.

 

Seulgi stares at the bat. “Okay, then we’ll wait it out. Let’s see what happens.” Seulgi says frantically.

 

“Babe...You have to.”Irene says softly.

 

“God, okay! Fine! Just do it!” Seulgi says moving her hands around quickly. Irene picks up the bat.

 

“What do I do?” Irene asks, holding the bat up.

 

“Just hit it! You can do it!” Seulgi tries to say calmly. Irene hits Seulgi’s knee. But the lights start to rapidly flicker. Seulgi’s knee wasn’t smashed. They all started trying to find a solution. 

 

“You know what? Screw that! You’re not smashing my knee!” Seulgi yells out over all the flickers and clatters around the house. Yeri ran up and picked up the bat.

 

“What are you doing?” Seulgi quickly asked. But it was too late. Yeri hit Seulgi’s knee hard with the bat. You could hear the bones shatter. Seulgi screamed and fell onto the stairs. They all ran up to Seulgi. Yeri kept saying a bunch of sorrys. 

 

“No I can’t do this anymore.” Joy walked right past all of them.

 

“No, Joy, just try to calm down!” Lisa said, trying to grab onto her arm. Joy started to try and force open the back door “Joy?”

 

“Don’t tell me to calm down or relax! Don’t tell me to do anything! I won’t do this anymore. I can’t.” Joy said crying. She was still trying to open the door. A bunch of papers started raining down from the top of the house. Rosé picked one of them up and read it.

 

“Are you an addict?” She asked. Joy looked down.

 

“No!” She said trying to laugh it off. The foyer door closed quickly with the word ‘LIAR’ etched out onto it. Joy’s eyes grew as she looked at all of them. 

 

“Sooyoungie, you’re on drugs?” Yeri asks concerned.

 

“I’m not an addict!” Joy said, shaking her head while smiling. Her tone sounded like she was trying to tell herself that than the group.

 

“You have to tell the truth.” Lisa said softly.

 

“I don’t have to do anything, okay?”

 

“No, Joy, listen, please.” Yeri said, trying to get closer to Joy.

 

“Yeri, shut up! Like, i’m not a drug addict! I got in a car accident, remember? I took painkillers, and they’re prescribed. Jesus, who do I have to explain this to you?” Joy yelled.

 

“It’s not the question.” Lisa said calmly.

 

“Whatever. Believe me, don’t believe me. I don’t care. Listen to a voice, a phone, a door? You know what? This whole little squad? I’m so done.” Joy pushes past all of them. Everyone’s phones chimed. They all took theirs out except for Joy. A text message flashed saying ‘You Like, you die!’.

 

“Wait, wait, wait, Sooyoungie!” Jisoo screamed trying to get her to come back.

 

“Sooyoungie, Joy, wait.” Lisa called to her. They all started calling her name. Trying to get her to come back over to them. When they noticed that calling her name wasn’t working they ran behind her. Joy got up to the door and opened it. She smirked back to them.

 

“Have fun and good luck, losers.” She stepped out the door and walked onto the patio. A large piece of the gutter fell down in front of her. She stopped in her tracks. The door that had the word liar on it slowly creaked open. A strong gust of wind produced from it. The strong gust of wind hit Joy. Joy went flying. On the grass was a sharp peg facing sharp side up. The wind pushed Joy so hard that she landed right onto the sharp peg. The peg went through her back into her chest. She lied there motionless. Everyone else quickly ran onto the patio. But stopped with the large piece of gutter blocking their way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I’ve told you the same story over and over again, and there are seven other people.” Yeri says sitting down in a chair at a hospital.

 

“Just let me get this straight. Just back up from the beginning.” The cop asked for the story again. “You rented this house, you had your friends over. And...Um, mystery things started happening? Like a ghost? What was it?” The cop keeps questioning Yeri. As they are questioning. Jisoo and Jennie were both listening to the conversation outside of a hospital room. 

 

“What, you think we’re all lying?” Yeri challenges.

 

“Because it just doesn’t add up.” The cop answers. “I mean, you guys taking drugs?” Jisoo and Jennie walked back into the hospital room. You could see Seulgi laying down on a bed. Her leg had a brace around her knee.

 

“Doc said I’m all good.” Jisoo said walking in.

 

“What’s taking Yeri so long.” Rosé complains.

 

“What’s taking Yeri so long, is trying to explain something that can’t be explained to a bunch of idiot police who’d rather be knee deep in jelly-filled doughnuts than listen to me.” Yeri said strangely calmly.

 

“What about Jennie and Jisoo? For god’s sake, Joy is dead. What do you mean they’re not listening to you?” Lisa asked.

 

“They are, uh...Gonna rule it an accident.” Yeri answered.

 

“They’re calling everything that happened an accident?” Lisa said angrily.

 

“Yeah. Makes sense, doesn’t it? Think about it. A game of Truth or Dare gone bad. That sounds legit. But game of Truth or Dare with some evil presence or whatever? Come one, who’s gonna believe that?” Jisoo tries to explain pacing.

 

“So that’s it? They’re just not going to do anything?” Irene asks.

 

“They’re saying that we were drunk, which we were. Things got out of control. To them, the whole thing spells stupid college kids plus booze, equals problems. A whole lot easier for their tiny brains to understand than inexplicable evil.” Yeri says crying.

 

“What about the video? Did you show them?” Rosé says sitting down on the hospital bed next to Seulgi’s.

 

“The video, yeah. About that. Take a look.” Yeri gestures them all around the camera. They all walk over except Seulgi. As they turn on the video the only thing shown is a clean kitchen. No tampering of it. Then as the stove slightly moves it glitches out. Everyone scoffs.

 

“Great, this is great.” Jisoo shakes her head.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They all are walking to the parking lot. So they could go to their respective houses. 

 

“I wish they could have seen that video.” Yeri said, frowning.

 

“Yeah, me too.” Seulgi said, walking out with her crutches.

 

“Enough alright. It’s not our fault your stupid camera didn’t catch anything.” Jennie raised her voice.

 

“You think that’s what I care about?” Yeri said looking at Jennie.

 

“Okay, stop it! Just stop! God, we’re all tired. We’re all a mess. Let’s just move forward.”Rosé intervened.

 

“Oh, really have some nerve, Rosé.” Lisa said, crossing her arms.

 

“Move on? Tell that to Joy.” Irene said, looking forward. They all gave her an unreadable expression.

 

“Excuse me?”Rosé said.

 

“All right, I shouldn’t have said that. I’m sorry. I’m just, I'm so tired. I don’t even know what to say.” Irene apologized.

 

“All right, everyone just go home. Get some sleep. Someone’s gonna need to talk to Joy’s parents” Lisa said, rubbing her temple.

 

“Yeah, who?” Seulgi asked.

 

“I guess I can call one of her sisters. I mean, I knew her parents. I know her parents” Yeri suggests. Lisa came over and side hugged Yeri.

 

“Well, we’re never going back to that house.”Jennie stops walking and looks at Yeri. Yeri looks at Jennie and just scoffs walking over to her car. Jennie looks at Lisa and Lisa just rolls her eyes. “Lisa.” Lisa just turns her back on him and follows Yeri.

 

“I’m coming with you, Yeri.” Lisa says and opens the passenger door. Jennie just looks at her. But eventually gets into her car.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lisa and Rosé are in their dorm room lying down. Rosé is reading a magazine. While Lisa just stares at the ceiling. Rosé looks over at her.

 

“Are you awake?” Rosé asks quietly. Lisa turns her back on her and sides. Rosé rolls her eyes and turns back to her magazine. “Yeah, me too.” Rosé starts slightly crying. Lisa lets out an annoyed breath. “I keep thinking about how lucky we are. That we didn’t… I can’t believe Joy is… She’s a good person. Like, a really good person.” Rosé rambles.

 

“Yeah, Rosé. She was.” Lisa says keeping her back on Rosé. Rosé sits up in her bed and just looks at Lisa.

 

“It was late. And we were both really drunk.” Rosé confesses.

 

“Stop.” Lisa says shaking her head.

 

“Lisa?”

 

“This is pathetic.” Lisa says, slightly turning to Rosé.

 

“Okay, look, you have every right to be mad at me. But at least try to hear me out.” Rosé raises her voice.

 

“Yeah, I do.” Lisa says staring back at the ceiling.

 

“And i’m sorry.” Rosé says over her. “Like, more sorry than you’ll ever understand. And I don’t know how many times I need to keep saying it, but I really am.” Rosé apologizes. “Okay, I just want things to go back to normal.” Lisa scoffs.

 

“Normal? Okay, yeah, great. Let’s just turn back the clocks, and all will be normal again. We’d still be best friends… and Joy would still be alive.” Lisa exhales.

 

“I’m really sorry.” Rosé said, tangling her hands into her hair. Lisa sighed.

 

“Yeah, we covered that,”Lisa said nodding. She wiped off her tears and got out of her bed. She put on her shoes and grabbed one of her bags.

 

“I made a mistake.” Rosé sayed while Lisa looked at her. Lisa shook her head and went out the door.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeri was sitting at her desk. While a video of Joy laughing in a pool was playing.

 

“Would you rather never see your family again, or have to live with them for the rest of your life.” The Yeri in the video asked Joy.

 

“Have to live with them for the rest of my life, because we live on a really big property. You know.” Yeri started laughing watching the video. The video was the one video she would play whenever she was feeling sad.

 

“Would you rather…” Yeri skipped through the video to a part of Joy just flipping her hair. A faint smile was spread across Yeri’s face as she held back tears. As the video was ending. The small camera next to Yeri started moving. It panned around all of Yeri’s room before stopping at the wall near Yeri’s bed. The camera moved back to Yeri. Yeri got up from sitting at her desk and picked up the camera. She moved the camera to her bed as she was able to see blood that wasn’t there beyond the camera screen. The sheets started russling. Then a bloody Joy was seen getting up.

 

“Sooyoungie?” Yeri looked onto her bed but there was nothing there. She then looked back at the camera and threw it she saw Joy.

 

“How long have you been in love with me?” the bloody Joy asked. Yeri looked again onto her bed. “Yeri?” Joy started to take the sheets off of herself. She put her bloody hand on the wall and started writing something with her fingers. Instead of appearing on the camera. They appeared on her wall. Slowly showing the sentence ‘H**g Y**rself’ in bloody letters. “H**g y**rself for two minutes. You’re not done yet.” Joy said sitting on the bed.

 

“No, we beat you.” Yeri said holding the camera to where Joy is.

 

“You have one minute.” Joy counted down.

 

“No, no!” Yeri said, putting down the camera and running to the door trying to open it. But it was locked. “Help! Help!” She kept trying to open up the door. A piece of the roof came down. In the hole in the roof was a No**e. Yeri looked behind her and eyed it.

 

“You can beat it.” Joy said swinging it. Yeri kept hitting the door. Screaming for help. “Oh, come on, Yeri. Time’s up” Joy said, smirking. Joy started slowly walking over to Yeri. Yeri kept hitting the door. But no one was coming. The thing grabbed a hold of Yeri's neck and started pulling her across the room. While it was pulling her she started gagging and trying to get it from around her neck. It pulled Yeri’s body up and she started h**ging from the ceiling. Still trying to break free from the constrictions on her airway. The camera moved and showed Yeri h**nging. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rosé was sitting near the window just looking out of it. When she heard a buzzing noise coming from her phone. She picked it up and there was a video of Yeri in her room. Struggling to get the thing from around her neck. Rosé gasped, starting to stand up. The door quickly opened showing an out of breath Lisa.

 

“It’s got Yeri!”

 

“What?” Rosé asked.

 

“Come on!” Lisa gestured for her to come out of the room. Rosé put on her shoes and the two girls went running into the quad. They ran all the way to Yeri’s dorm building. Opening the doors they took the stairs down to the bottom floor. “Oh, my god. Rosé, come on!” Lisa said as they ran down the stairs. As they got to the door Jennie and Jisoo were already there trying to slam the door down. Rosé kept watching the stream of Yeri in her room. They were all screaming Yeri’s name still trying to get the door down. From the stream on Rosé phone you could see Yeri go limp. They finally got the door to open. But it was too late. Yeri was limp h**ging there. Lisa and Rosé were hugging sobbing together. While Jisoo and Jennie were just frozen. They all look at Yeri’s computer screen that says ‘round two’ in white letters on a black screen. Rosé shook her head as her and Lisa walked closer to the computer.