the okras were burnt

i love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiheon had a rough day in school. She forgot about her Literature assignment, she accidentally cussed her Math teacher so she was sent to detention, she forgot her lunch money, and her dad wasn’t in school so she had to walk home.

She can tell that it’s one of those days that come after a happy moment happened.

She just became Shin Yuna’s girlfriend three days ago. She knew this kind of day was meant to happen, and it would’ve been okay if she had Yuna beside her but no. Yuna didn’t attend school today, so Jiheon was rattled. And upset. And sulking.

So she walks home sad and lonely and mad.

She spends her time talking to Nagyung who’s bored out of her mind watching scary movies in her house alone; her mom was out of town.

“Do you want to come over?” Nagyung asks.

“Nah. I’d rather spend this day alone. I don’t want you getting affected with all this ‘doomsday after a very happy moment happened.’”

“So what is this happy moment huh?” Nagyung asks curiously. Jiheon laughs, looking at her phone before putting it beside her ear again.

“And that’s the cue of ending this conversation.”

“What?! Come on Ji---” Jiheon giggles as she hangs up on Nagyung, standing up to grab her ‘Yuna’ notebook as she calls it. She’s feeling a little bit lonely and when she misses Yuna, she doodles Yuna’s name on her ‘Yuna’ notebook.

Jiheon finally calls it a night after eating her McDonald’s that was delivered by the guy she met once in a gas station(she thinks his name was Daehwi), and so she heads off to bed, still feeling sad because Yuna hadn’t contacted her all day.

She wonders what Yuna’s doing.

She’s having the greatest dream of all time, with a certain blonde in it, when her phone wakes her up. Nope, not the alarm she sets every 6:30, it was still hours away. It’s a phone call. A specific ringtone she made for a certain someone so she knows it’s her when she’s calling.

Groaning, she picks up her ringing phone from her bedside table before she misses it. She looks at the caller and the phone is lit up with Yuna’s grinning face, red lipstick smudged as a blushing Jiheon stands beside her, a very obvious kiss mark on her cheek. Jiheon swipes the phone, bringing it beside her ear.

“Hello? Yuna?”

“Oh my gosh, it’s my baby! Hi sweetheart! Ryujin unnie! stop poking around I’m talking to my baby! Hey Jiheon! How are you, sweetie?” Jiheon frowns as she detects the over-too-happy tone in Yuna’s voice, the voice she only used once when Jiheon told her it was okay that Yuna has a crush on her.

“I’m fine, but why are you calling at 2 am? And you’re very very energetic with the way you sound. Are you okay, Yu?”

“No time for chitchat, sweetie! I need some okras right now or else Chaeryeong’s life will be out on the line! Please have some okras deliv---I swear I’m going to knock you guys out! Get off of my pillow cloud!”

The phone goes beep as Jiheon realizes that Yuna hung up on her.

What the hell just happened?

Pulling herself up, Jiheon stares at her phone. Should she visit Yuna and check on her? She is her girlfriend, she should. Shouldn’t she?

Jiheon gets up and puts on a hoodie over her tank top, slipping on her sweatpants and converse. She looks over herself in the mirror, deciding to put her hair up in a messy bun.

After securing that the house was locked, Jiheon hops on her bike and starts pedaling to Yuna’s apartment, a plastic of okras from their fridge in a small bag.

When she finally arrives in front of Yuna’s apartment, she locks her bike on the fence and proceeds towards the door. When Jiheon enters the lobby, Mr. Im’s figure welcomes her as he steps out of the men’s bathroom just beside the stairs, a relieved look on his face which was quite creepy since it’s 2 in the morning.

“Thank you for your presence, Miss Baek.” Jiheon only met Mr. Im when Yuna invited (dragged, really) her to her apartment. It was a disaster of a day because someone dropped an opened bottle of ketchup on Jiheon’s flannel, not to mention it was the flannel Yuna liked the most on Jiheon. Yuna almost went on a rampage that day if Jiheon did not have the strength to pull her away from the girl who dropped the ketchup on Jiheon.

“Uh, were you expecting me?”

“As a matter of fact, yes. I have been expecting you. Miss Shin is having a blast inside her apartment with her friends and I have thought that you would come. I have noticed that Miss Shin is not that happy when you are not around so I grant you passage to Miss Shin’s apartment. Have a pleasant morning, Miss Baek.” Jiheon blushes at the statement, pretty shocked to know that kind of information about Yuna. She didn’t expect to know that Yuna is much happier when she’s around. Jiheon smiles widely, a feeling of happiness warming her soul and satisfaction filling her mind. She says her thank you to Mr. Im, and then walks inside the elevator. As the door opens on Yuna’s floor, Jiheon hears loud music playing, and she has no doubt it’s coming from Yuna’s room. She wastes no time and presses the doorbell, waiting patiently. The loud music stops, and then the door opens revealing Yuna who wears a pink shorts and a black tank top.

Yuna squeals and jumps on Jiheon, wrapping her legs around the older girl’s waist. “Oh my gosh, an angel graces us with her presence!” Yuna shouts as Jiheon enters her apartmen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter