the pickles don't do anything

i swear to god
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re here again,” Seoyeon tells as she keeps her face covered with Jiwon’s pink blankets, her girlfriend letting in a blonde-haired girl inside their shared room in the dorm building. “let me guess, Chaeyoung didn’t come home again?”

“How did you even know it was me?” Nagyung asks her same-aged friend as she takes the place on Jiwon’s study chair, the aforementioned girl going back under the blankets with her girlfriend, cuddling with her panda.

A smirk makes its way on Seoyeon’s covered face. “I smelled Chaeyoung’s perfume when Megan opened the door, but she didn’t scream so I knew it was you. Megan always screams as a welcome greeting when it comes to Hayoung unnie or Chaeyoung. It’s a weird thing that they have going on between the three of them.”

Nagyung only chuckles as she watches Jiwon tease Seoyeon about knowing way too many things about her, the younger answering that it’s only natural since she’s her girlfriend and that she loves her.

That made the squirrel thinks about the most mentioned yet absent girl in the room. Chaeyoung knows her. Just like how Seoyeon knows Jiwon. She knows how Nagyung prefers eating green tea ice cream above anything else. She knows how insecure Nagyung gets when her roots become black once again (explains why Chaeyoung always has a beret or a hat inside her bag when they go to school). Chaeyoung knows her more than she actually knows herself that somehow amazes and scares the blonde girl. Because she doesn’t know what it meant, and she doesn’t know if she’s even supposed to put meaning into everything.

She knows things about her just like how Seoyeon knows things about Jiwon. But the thing is, they’re different because, she’s definitely not her girlfriend (like how Jiwon is to Seoyeon) nor is she in love with her. She…just knows Nagyung.

More than Nagyung knows herself.

Much to the girl’s chagrin.

“I’m tired of pining over her.”

Jiwon peeps out of the blanket with a curious look, moving a lot to get herself to sit up, earning her a groan from Seoyeon. “Who are we talking about?”

“Wait,” Weirded out by Jiwon’s question, Seoyeon peeps out of the blanket as well but stays lying. “are you pining on anyone else other than Chaeyoung?”

Nakko shakes her head.

“She’s pining over Chaeyoung?” Jiwon turns to Seoyeon.

“Surprise? You’re the last one to know.” Seoyeon chuckles. “Before Chaeyoung, of course.”

“No, I just thought that you were already together,” Jiwon says as she turns towards Nagyung who’s been listening to the couple the whole time. “You know, with all the super close faces and hand-holding and stuff.”

“Babe, friends hold hands.”

“But not the way couples do. Couples…have a different way of holding hands, you know. And when you see it, you just go ‘ah, that’s a couple right there.’”

“How do couples hold hands, unnie?” Nagyung asks because she can’t and doesn’t understand what Jiwon was trying to say.

“Couples hold hands like this,” Jiwon interlocks her fingers with Seoyeon and raises the blanket for Nagyung to see. “like they’re holding onto something so special.” Jiwon stares at her and Seoyeon’s intertwined hands. “Like they’re holding the most fragile thing in the world so they go so gently but at the same time they’re holding it with such tightness as if they let it go, it would slip away forever.”

Jiwon looks up and smiles at Nagyung. “You don’t really get what I say when I just say it, but you’ll know when you get held like it.”

“And this is why you’re an English major.” Seoyeon teases Jiwon who only leans down to drop a peck on Seoyeon’s lips.

“If you and Chaeyoung aren’t really together, Nakko, just wait for a while. You know how oblivious Chaeyoung is. She’ll realize what she feels soon.” Jiwon reassures their friend.

“No offense babe but Chaeyoung is a dead case. She’s never going to get it unless Nagyung yells it at her face and we both know Nagyung’s not that brave.”

Nagyung wants to protest about the quip targeted to her, but Seoyeon’s got a point.

She is not brave.

“There’s no sense waiting for someone so oblivious, Nakko.” Seoyeon suddenly says as she sits up, a very scary, determined look on her face. Jiwon and Nagyung watch as Seoyeon crawls off the bed and walks towards where Nagyung is, suddenly plopping herself on Nagyung’s lap and puts her face near Nagyung’s, their nose bumping.

“YAH LEE SEOYEON!”

“U-Uh, Se-Seoyeon, what a-are you doing?”

When Seoyeon doesn’t react and only inches closer, Nagyung finally breaks and stands up, fleeing towards Jiwon who’s staring angrily at her girlfriend.

Seoyeon turns to look at them and shrugs, taking Nagyung’s seat and opening up the computer on the study table. “I wanted her off of the chair.”

“YOU CAN JUST HAVE TOLD HER TO MOVE AWAY!” Jiwon yells at Seoyeon.

“Where’s the fun in that, Megan?” Seoyeon raises an eyebrow at Jiwon. “Why? Are you jealous?”

“Yes!” The abrupt agreement surprises the panda, whose cheeks turn crimson red as Jiwon continues to stare at her angrily, still not over with the thing Seoyeon pulled with Nagyung.

Nagyung only watches from Jiwon’s side on the bed. “Why are you even using the computer? Are you going to make an assignment?”

“No, I’m going to find Nagyung a date.” This earns the panda some frowned looks from her friend and her girlfriend.

“What?!”

“S-Seoyeon, that’s not rea---”

“You’ve been pining way too long and I don’t like you getting sad because your aegyo comes spilling out. Not all of us are like Chaeyoung who can handle and ride your aegyo.” Seoyeon grumbles.

“Where are you even going to find Nagyung a date?”

“Easy. Tinder.”

The search for a date begins.

The two girls on the bed crawl and place themselves beside the panda, looking at the computer as Seoyeon makes Nagyung an account.

“I don’t like that!”

“We need a y picture of you Nakko! How can we attract potential dates?”

“But that’s just Nakko posing with a peach??”

“Exactly,” Seoyeon says before pulling Jiwon’s face and pressing a quick peck on Jiwon’s cheek. “thanks for making my point across, babe.”

After that, Jiwon leans back and shares a look with Nagyung, a confused one.

Sometimes, Seoyeon has her times when she doesn’t make complete sense.

Well, that’s one of the things they all love about her.

“How about…this guy?”

“No, he’s what? 7’10?? I don’t want to look like a freaking dwarf beside him!”

“Well, how about this guy? He’s cute.” Jiwon had long since retired from her girlfriend’s silly plan, lying on their bed with her phone raised above her face, scrolling through her IG account.

“That’s just him being shirtless, Seoyeonnie.”

“Babe, strike one,” Jiwon warns, still keeping her eyes trained on her phone. Seoyeon smirks from staring at the computer.

“You cannot, for the life of Geureum, not take this one.”

“Why do you find half- people so suitable to date, Seoyeon??” Nagyung voices out her concern. “That girl’s practically…wearing lingerie on the beach.”

“Strike two, Miss Lee,” Jiwon says a bit louder, her eyes now glaring at her phone.

Seoyeon ignores Jiwon, still scrolling through the long list of potential dates.

“OKAY, I KNOW THAT THIS IS YO---”

“That guy is plain Seoye---”

“That’s it, you’re coming back on the bed with me.” Jiwon jumps off of the bed and pulls Seoyeon aw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter