hair.

for all the things that we easily miss.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is the part where I tell you how we’ve become inseparable.

So long as there’s Jungwoo, you will find me. There’s almost no place that I’d go to without him, with just the exception of my dorm and the comfort room. Despite having his own circle of friends, he was always there. I’m still figuring out how he did that though.


Two years had passed, and I realized that there’s much of a difference from how I first met him. His calm and pure exterior is almost a façade knowing now that he is all loud and playful inside. You cannot almost believe that the gentle and innocent-looking guy can have so much mischief inside of him, but in a sort-of-funny way. Whenever I think of our memories, it’s either I am laughing so loud, or trying not to laugh, so hard. 

And oh, that ruffling-hair-thing we always do to each other. Sometimes I let it go, since the more I give him reaction, the more he does it—but there are times that I hunt him down for it, especially when it took me a few hours just to do my hair. So my band-aid solution was to tie my hair when I’m with him, so as not to trouble us both…or just me mostly. But I never really heard him rant about it whenever I do it to him. There was a time I even thought he was just pretending to be annoyed when I do it just so I can keep doing it to him. For what reason? I wasn’t sure too.

Until that certain day: we were at the school lawn – me, reading a novel and Jungwoo, playing Kart Rider on his phone. The wind was blowing so gently, I wanted to untie my hair and let the current play with it. I glanced at Jungwoo, he was so absorbed in that game I didn’t think he’ll notice so I decided to just let it all down. Plus, my scalp was starting to hurt from the bun I just had.

I combed my hair through my curls: sighing, as the feeling of it being freed from a constricted circle and finally swaying like the leaves on the trees exhilarated me. I stretched my legs and looked up the sky with eyes closed. The sunlight kissed me warmly and I couldn’t help but smile. Suddenly, I felt Jungwoo’s head on my lap and so I opened my eyes. My body felt giddy, realizing that it was probably the closest we’ve been then: his hair soft and striking against the faded denim of my jeans. I was so afraid he could hear my body talk so I attempted getting up,

“Ah, don’t. I want to nap. I just lost in the game, I’m sad.”

His lips were puckered into a pout with his arms crossed in his chest, expressing his feeling of sadness. I tried so hard not to laugh at his cuteness since I don’t think I could handle staring into his eyes if he opened them. So even though I felt the tips of my ear blushing, I played it casual and caressed his hair with my left hand. To be honest, I like touching his hair. There is something about the act that makes it so endearing, which can be seen simply as impishness.

“You almost never lose in Kart Rider. How did that happen?”

“Ah I don’t know. Let’s not talk about it.”

Despite his voice sounding sad and mad at the same time, his features displayed the opposite. He almost couldn’t stop smiling and he kept biting the inside of his cheeks to probably prevent it from showing. But Jungwoo is almost an open book to me now and knowing how sly he is, it irked me.

“You do know that you’re bad at hiding a smile, right?” I told him and flicked his forehead lightly.

“Aww! That hurts!” He looked up at me accusingly; then somehow, the world stopped. 

He caught my hand right above his forehead, the shadow it made almost covering his right eye. We stared at each other for what felt like forever (& what I thought my heart couldn't handle). Knowing that Jungwoo can really hold his stare, I did the only thing that I thought would save my reddening cheeks: cover his eyes. He cracked up, and I felt myself blush more. Even though he can't possibly see me, I looked away from him trying to hide and compose myself at the same time, eve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter