gyuri, it's a rumor

gyuri the scared
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gyuri can’t help but toss on her bed.

How can she take her sleep? How can she close her eyes and take her slumber like the rest of her family when tomorrow, she’ll be joining her group again. She’ll be joining Fromis_9 again.

She’ll be able to see her again.

She tosses on her bed, again, grabbing her charging phone from the bedside table.

She opens up her phone to see her wallpaper, a small smile petting her nervousness as she sets her eyes on two people out of nine.

From all their reactions to her coming back, she’s nervous about one.

Gyuri wasn’t dumb not to keep track of her own group’s welfare while being in a survival show. Every time the practice room closes and everyone starts making their way to their rooms, she would always open up her phone and check up on her group, smiling when she sees them being their crazy selves even though she was missing.

She didn’t want her temporary absence to affect their group’s dynamic and bond.

That’s the last thing she wants.

And as she goes and scrolls through her social media one night, on her top bunk, she sees a rumor that shocks her a bit.

Roh Jisun being linked to Kim Seungmin? Are they related? Or are they something more?

Gyuri knows better than to believe the rumors, it didn’t even offer any pictures or evidence that the two people had met, just merely a statement from a source saying that they’ve seen the two eating at a kimchi restaurant not far from the girl’s dorm.

Gyuri knows better than to feed the grumbling feeling in the pit of her stomach, Gyuri knows better than entertaining the thought and pushing herself to overthink.

But that same night, that’s exactly what she did.

And as she shakily takes her steps on the stairs, each beat coming from her own feet doubled by the ones coming from her heart, Gyuri wishes that when she opens the door, she wouldn’t be welcomed with rotten fruits being thrown at her.

Might be a bit farfetched, but that’s just how Gyuri thinks.

She sometimes listens to the voice in the back of her head whispering how when she comes back, it would be her contract ripped into pieces that would be welcoming her instead of her members’ loud yellings of welcome and greetings. She doesn’t like the voice, sometimes it whispers to her quietly, and sometimes it’s the only thing she can hear in her head.

One deep breath before turning the doorknob, and then she’s met with flour all over her.

That’s it. I’m dead. They’re all mad at me and they all want me to leave the group, that’s why they’re giving me hugs and they’re lau---

“Unnie, snap out of it!” She hears a loud giggle in her ear. She steps away to see her members' wide grins, no sight of anger or evilness in their smiles.

“W-What…” Gyuri takes a look down on herself, her whole body is covered with flour, even the suitcase she’s pulling with her has some of the white powder on it.

“Oh, that wasn’t intentional. Saerom unnie and Hayoung unnie were trying to bake macaroons but our captain decided to start a flour war.” Jiwon explains, gesturing towards the two oldest members. Saerom has flour on her arms and hands while Hayoung has some of it on her face and also on her hands.

“Hayoung unnie threw it! We didn’t know you’d come walking through the door.” The maknae takes her steps towards her Gyuri unnie, wiping away the flour that was on Gyuri’s face.

After realizing that they weren’t mad, that they weren’t holding her contract paper, that they were happy, Gyuri covers with her hand as her eyes begin to pool with tears, immediately getting the attention of her members.

“Why are you crying, unnie?” Seoyeon, the first one to take a step towards Gyuri, asks the older as she wraps her arms around the girl, causing the girl to break.

The girls (minus one) gather around the newly arrived member and hug her, patting Gyuri’s head as Gyuri cries on Seoyeon’s shoulder.

“I thought you were mad at me.” The statement makes the girls confused.

“Why would we be mad at you??”

“B-Because I wasn’t c-contented with what I had.” Gyuri sobs her answer.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter