fin.

and truth be told...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's the beginning of the month, and just like other office workers like her, it means grocery shopping. It was expected that the supermarket would be full of people who just received their pay. Bora is strolling along the instant food aisle while pushing her cart. Living with Yoohyeon means their ramyeon must be stocked up at all times, and with different types and flavours. As a growing teenager, her sister sure eats an unhealthy amount of ramyeon. Yoohyeon eats it as if her life depended on it. Bora knows all that artificial seasoning and MSGs won't do good for Yoohyeon but it's the only thing that motivates her sister to pull an all-nighter. So, it isn't that bad... she thinks?  Anything to make that girl study. 

She's just about to make her way to the next aisle when her gaze falls on someone familiar.

, that's Minji.

She doesn't know why, but her first instinct was to hide behind the nearby boxes.

She peeks at Minji and sees that there's another person next to her. Minji is laughing at something the girl has said.

Wait, why am I hiding? I've done nothing wrong.

Bora scoffs at herself and decides to act as if nothing happened. She has nothing to hide and no reason to avoid Minji. She also has no reason to talk to Minji too. So, she plans to quietly disappear. 

But luck really wasn't on her side that day.

Bora accidentally knocks off the boxes and she looks at the scattered boxes on the floor in horror. The noises caught the attention of other customers. Bora quickly apologizes to the store worker, which in return said to her: it's okay, it comes with the job.

Way to make a quiet exit, huh? This is so embarrassing.

"Bora? Is that you?" The one person she doesn't want to see right now makes her way to her. This is going veeeery well.

"Oh? Minji? Hi!" her voice goes a pitch higher. "What are you doing here?" Bora nearly slaps herself because that's a stupid question. What else would people be doing at a supermarket? To shop, of course!

"Just doing some shopping," Minji replies with that smile of hers. The one that Bora was once weak for. She's not weak now. Totally not. Because she has moved on. "Oh where's my manner. Bora, this is Siyeon! My girlfriend." 

Bora looks at the girlfriend, what was her name again? Oh yeah, Siyeon. She's almost as tall as Minji, and definitely taller than Bora. Bora has to crane her neck to look at her. Siyeon is smiling at her, not a friendly smile, but more of a back off from my girlfriend,  kind of smile. Sheesh. Does she think she's intimidating? She looks more like a cute small baby wolf than whatever she's trying to look like right now. Come on Minji, you can do better. Sure, Siyeon is pretty, but she's no Kim Bora. 

"Hi Siyeon. I'm Bora, Minji's e-"

"Friend!" Minji cuts her off, "She's my old friend." Okay, rude? 

"Yeah, yeah," Bora nods. She notices Minji did something to her hair, "Oh.. you dyed your hair..." her voice trails off, "Red looks good on you," she can feel her voice trembles but she hides it well enough that no on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter