Paper Plane

Paper Plane (SAIDA)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am walking home with my head looking down as I watched every step I take. With one earphone on and the other hanging on my shoulder, I couldn't help but think of someone as this song is playing- way back into love. This isn't my kind of jam, but I only borrowed this iPod from Momo, and most of her songs are this type, so I can't really complain, can I?

"Hey, Sana-unnie!" I raised my head and saw her standing somewhere far ahead from my direction. Hands are waving up in the air, and her wide smile is visible even in the distance.

I smiled and waved back before I slowly diminish the gap between us. She just waited there looking at me as I slowly walked towards her, and when I was close enough. "Where did you go?" She spoke.

"Nowhere," I giggled before linking my arms on hers, and she nodded her head quietly. "You know how I am. I stroll around when my head is full of silly thoughts.

"Well, I know what you mean when you say silly," I could only smile a little. All of my friends know me too well, and I can't deny, "That silly one is coming back."

"W-what?" I furrowed my brows in both surprise and nervousness. "Tzuyu, what do you mean?"

"I heard from Chaeyoung," She chuckled, before looking at me suspiciously. "The feeling is still there, right?"

"Hell, n-no. I don't c-care whether she comes back or not." I answered in a tiny voice, and honestly, I want to smack myself from stuttering. It only makes it visible that I do care even after all that bull from before.

Tzuyu laughed at me while shaking her head, "Yeah, it looks like you don't care. I believe you, for real, no jokes." She said, and so I slapped her arm lightly.

"So, how are things going to be?" She asked, and for a second, I was puzzled. It looks like she noticed it, so she made it clear, "Her home is literally in facing yours, that means you will see her again even if you try to avoid it."

"Yeah, it's not like I have a problem with seeing her again. It's just talking that I don't like, well, she's not going to talk to me anyway. So yeah, no problem, and I don't care. I don't even know why I am explaining." I rambled, and that's not new. Every time it is her getting talked about, I kept on blabbering nonsense.

"Okay, chill! I'm just a little worried about how things will go." Tzuyu said, and I could only sigh as a response. "You know we are all here if you have something you want to talk about, nonsensical or not."

"It's all nonsensical, I mean, but-" She chuckled, "talk to us, and stop stacking it all inside your heart."

"I don't know if I should feel grateful." I rolled my eyes, and silence ate us up as we traveled our way.

When I got home, I saw my mom sitting down by the couch in the living room, laughing while she watched a variety show. "Hey, I'm home." She looked at me, then back to the television.

"I heard your childhood sweetheart is coming back tomorrow." She said with a smile on her face, and I'm pretty sure that she is teasing me. "You should greet her with a warm hug."

"Mom!" I exclaimed, and how irritating it is that she only laughed at me. "You know what happened."

"Hey, Sana, it's not like she cheated on you or anything. She just went abroad to study, and you are sulking there like she did something, really- bad."

Well, that's a fact, but she left me saying that everything we had is nothing but young love. "She didn't take me seriously, and that is really bad for me," I told her, and she only shook her head.

"What? Ugh!" I groaned in defeat as I didn't want to explain anymore. I might just go on and spit random and ununderstandable words again. "I'm heading to my room."

"Sure, and please do get some sleep. Your eyebags are-" Mom used her pointing fingers to round above her eyes, then she pulled off a displeased face. "Go, and take a rest."

I plopped down on my bed, "Why do you have to come back? I haven't still figured out how to forget you and-" I sighed, "I am going to see you again."

That's when I, again, remembered how we met.

I was only seven when we moved here from Japan. I honestly had no idea about how to communicate with anyone, so I thought I would not be able to cope up easily. Well, I thought- and I was wrong,

That is because I met Dahyun.

I remembered how I tugged on my mother's skirt when we walked up to their front door to offer them a banana cake. My mom knew how to speak Korean, so it was easy for her to talk to neighbors, and I don't even understand even a single word.

The door got opened by this pale little girl, Dahyun. "Hi, who? You?" She wasn't looking at mom, though. She was looking at the cake with her eyes glimmering, and I will never forget that- because it never changed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter