It's in the voice

A voice, specifically for you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi and Happy Seulrene day! Now, because we all know Joohyun has a very specific tone/tones of her voice when she speaks to Seulgi only. There was no way I wasn’t going to write a fic with that thought in mind, that’s pretty special to me. Her tone is reserved for Seulgi only, ah, wife things! Lol. but okay, enjoy and happy seulrene day. All flashbacks will be Seulgi thinking about specific times.


 

 

“Hey, Seulgi.”

 

A monolid woman hears the impossibly soft call of her voice as she looks back to see her other half heading toward her. Seulgi takes a moment to smile up at the shorter woman, who is smiling at her with the same equally soft expression on her face.

 

“Hey, Hyunnie. What are you doing out here, huh?”

 

A soft chuckle, and exaggerated eye roll is what Seulgi gets in response first before the verbal one. “I can’t come out into our backyard to see where my wife has disappeared to, now?”

 

Seulgi gently grabs a hold of her hand with her own laugh. “You can come check on me anytime you want, Joohyun.”


 

Though, Kang Seulgi has been married to her wife Joohyun for a long time. A very long time, as she will occasionally joke to her other half. She is ashamed to admit that it took her years to notice what was always obvious, that when Joohyun talks to her she has different tones in her voice that she won’t use with anyone else. When Seulgi came to that realization, that her wife had a voice that was specifically for her, whether it was that impossibly soft call of her name, one that always made Seulgi weak for her. Those times would be anything from Joohyun calling her name to get her attention, or the way she would reach over and hold Seulgi’s hands with an equally soft gaze to match.


 

“Hey, Seulgi.” Joohyun spoke from beside her other half, amused by how those pretty monolid eyes of hers would flutter open, only to close back. 

 

“Hmm?” Seulgi yawned, eyes closing again. She opens them because Joohyun has placed her smaller hand into her slightly larger one. The touch is gentle in nature but reminds Seulgi of all the other times they have held hands, whether it’s simply walking the streets together, or if Joohyun randomly grabbed her hand because she wanted to, it even reminds Seulgi of how they both were too shy on their first date to reach out for each other’s hands, so they spent several long moments slowly reaching toward one another, but never actually holding hands to the end of the date.

 

“Are you going to at least kiss me good morning.” Joohyun whispers while running her fingers through her wife’s blonde locks.  “I've only been waiting for a kiss for the past ten minutes, so…”

 

She’s mainly teasing, though it gets her the reaction she wanted. Seulgi’s eyes open right away and she places her hand to her cheek, before leaning forward to give her that good morning kiss Joohyun had really wanted ever since waking up herself. 

 

“Morning.” Seulgi says with a small yawn after they break away for air.

 

“Morning, Seulgi.” Again, in a soft tone of voice.


 

Seulgi didn’t know why she hadn’t noticed before. Seulgi likes to think it’s mainly because she has been with Joohyun such a long time, not including the years of marriage, that she had just become used to hearing her voice, though missing out on some very important facts. Joohyun did have a certain way of talking to her, ways she never used with anyone else.

 

“What are you thinking about?” Joohyun wondered and leaned her head onto one of the taller woman’s shoulders. She can see why Seulgi came out here to the backyard, specifically under the biggest tree in the yard, because from the view the sunsetting was absolutely breathtaking. Many times, after dinner they’d come out here together and look at the sunset, always holding hands or with heads pressed together, almost like magnets.

 

“I’m thinking I should build that tree house out here after all.”

 

Joohyun frowns, a slight pout on her face, big brown eyes looking as if she hopes Seulgi is surely kidding about a treehouse. 

 

“A treehouse?” Joohyun has such a deadpan tone of voice. “Now, why might I ask, 'Do you need a treehouse for?”

 

“To get away from you of course!” Seulgi teases. “You have your weird laundry room, why can’t I have a treehouse.”
 

“Hey, Seulgi!”

 

This time, it’s not the sweet tone, but the tone that Joohyun has when she is upset or about to be pissed. It’s funny really, how her voice will get so much firmer, and the look in those eyes to match. Seulgi laughs and grabs her hand, trying to appease her with kisses to pale knuckles.

 

“I’m kidding, honey. I don’t want to be away from you.”

 

“Better not want to be away from me.” Is a much softer mumble. But Seulgi thinks back to the first time she really noticed Joohyun’s “angry” voice, or so the monolid woman started to call it.


 

Joohyun wasn’t the monetary type who prided her relationship with Seulgi on gifts or anything like this. Sure, she appreciated the nice gift from time to time as they would always do their best to spoil the other. Whether it was going all out on birthdays, anniversaries, and special occasions like Christmas or Valentine’s day, to the more simple but also meaningful moments of buying a meal the other liked, or small love letters, all of which Joohyun saved personally in a memory box that she had made of all the special moments shared with the love of her life. With that being said, Joohyun would lose it in a moment if Seulgi didn’t say anything soon. Today was only their first year anniversary of being married, but hey who cared about anything like that.

 

“Honey?” Joohyun reaches over for her hands. Perhaps, this would be a case of hinting to her wife, though it is a bit embarrassing she even has to hint to Seulgi that today makes a year since being married.

 

“Yes, Hyun?”

 

For a moment, Joohyun nearly breaks and changes her mind because Seulgi looks too adorable, with a slight bite of her lip, one she does when she’s nervous. 

 

“Is there anything you want to say to me?”

 

Seulgi looks bewildered for a moment, like she isn’t sure what Joohyun wants her to be saying right now.

 

“Um, your hair looks nice?”
 

Joohyun tries her hardest not to face palm. “No, not about my hair.”

 

“Oh, I know, you’ve got new shoes! I love them.”

 

“No, not about my shoes.”

 

“This is a new tablecloth, looks great.”

 

“It’s…. Well, this is actually a new tablecloth.” Joohyun admits, and groans in frustration. “No, it’s not about that, do you know what today is?”

 

Seulgi looks thoughtful again and Joohyun waits to see what her other half will say, and god help her if she doesn’t have the right answer. Joohyun might be down one wife at this rate.

 

“Yes, today is Friday, of course.”

 

That was it, Joohyun’s patience was beyond wearing thin. “No, no it’s not about that! It’s…” Seulgi gently cuts her off with a k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter