x two x

When Judy met Hussey

AN: I am mentioning the folklore of the jade rabbit ( which is why koreans among others celebrate Chuseok) in this chapter. It is not accurate and I changed it a bit to fit this story. I don't want to offend anyone culturally. Let me know if it is okay to keep it in.


Heritage is important.
Just as much as honoring her ancestors is.
Yuna knows this since she was born. She was prepared to fullfill her role from the moment when her brother Yue departed. When he returned, it was her time to replace him. She feels deep pride, fullfilling her duty.
But sometimes when she takes a break between the endless hours of preparing rice cakes she wonders...
did her ancestor really have no creativity at all?

Apparently yes, hence why she is currently stuck on the moon working her off.
It all began a few centuries ago....
Her great,great,great.......great-grandfather lived in a village alongside his two best friends whom he had grown up with. 
Despite them being so different, their beliefs were common. The Monkey, the Fox and of course her grandfather the Rabbit  devoted themselves to their religion and spent most of their time studying and practicing it. One day the Emperor descended from the Heavens and asked each of them to bring him food to test their true faith. The Fox being as smart as he  was, decided to catch a fish and the Monkey who had learned to study his surroundings decided to bring him fruits. But of course her ancestor, the Rabbit , could not find anything but grass when he looked around. To prove himself in front of the Emperor the Rabbit decided to jump into a fire to offer himself up. Touched by this sacrifice and act of commitment the Emperor appointed the Rabbit to be the guardian of the moon.
Because the Rabbit got lonely being alone on the moon, the Emperor had allowed him to bring a partner. 
As they had plenty of descendants who were crowding the moon already, they were allowed to send one guardian at the time to the moon, the rest  of them had been graced with life upon earth.

Yuna sighed, exhausted and reliefed at the same time. In a few moments she was allowed to return. A long time has passed and she was eager to see the changes she had missed on earth. Right as she had completed another set of rice cakes her cousin Mitsuki appeared with a bright light shining around him. The shining lights enveloped her whole being. It was warm and comforting, something she hadn't felt in so long. She closed her eyes for a brief moment to enjoy it to the fullest. When she opened her eyes darkness was around her. She thought that she was still blinded by the bright lights and her eyes would need a moment to adjust themselves. It seemed like she arrived at night. She could feel that she was in a cramped space, her sides being tickled by something when she moved. She looked around and seemed to  be in a deep forest. She tried to look up at the sky, through the several leaves she was able to pick out a few night stars. She then looked around trying to find a way out of this forest. She could spot a light that was moving around. Thick roots and tree branches were all around her she had to watch her step to not fall over them. She carefully took a step forward and.... saw a white paw? She frantically looked around in shock. When she didn't see anybody else she took a step forward again. The realization dawned upon her. She moved her hand up. The paw moved in synchronization. It was true. This was her body. She was now truly confused. She was supposed to come back in her human form. She could feel her heart rate speed up. Was this some kind of punishment because she thought badly of her ancestor? While Yuna tried to understand her current situation, she was surprised by something warm that tapped her head once. Yuna moved away in shock, but she was able to make out two hands that were moving towards her. Fear ran over her body. She stood frozen in place, not daring to move.





AN: The next update is coming tomorrow, I decided to split this chapter in half because it had gotten very long.
I'm happy about every kind of feedback since this is only my second fic.

Stay safe and healthy

=の.の=