seven

seven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is ridiculous and funny at the same time how people never really get tired no matter how much they say they are. Repeating the same cycle, same routine, and same pain over and over again. And out of everything, Chaewon never gets tired of nursing over and over a broken someone. Stuck in reverse.  

“Hey Min, where are you? I’m coming to pick you up, stay where you are, please?” Chaewon said as she hustled her way to her car, rushing to get to wherever Minju is at 2 am in the morning.  

Chaewon has been through this exact situation for exactly seven times. The only difference is that she drives to a different destination every time. And what makes her do it all over again every single time?  

Driving to downtown Seoul from her apartment would more or less take about 20 minutes, and in every minute that passes, a particular life gets broken more.  

“Damn it, Yena! Please ing pick up!” Chaewon hollered as she tried contacting the only person who won't judge her for what she is about to do. Her hold on the steering wheel keeps getting tighter and tighter every passing second. And the boiling feeling inside of her is uncontainable.  

“Kang Hyewon, I swear to God, if I see your face anywhere or hear you breathe near me, I'll ing kill you.” She whispered, almost inaudible.  

Same situation for the same reason. And that’s no other than Kang Hyewon. Minju's first love. The cause of the two’s unending misery. The only person responsible for everything Minju is experiencing.  

And honestly, Chaewon could've just let Minju be on her own. To stay away from the mess and from the pain. After all, she did all she could do to save her, over and over and over again. But the piercing pain in her heart whenever she shrugs Minju away won't let her live. All because of a stupid promise she sealed with a kiss during their prom. 

“Chae, hey, look at me.” Minju said as she slowly shifted Chaewon’s face towards her, making both of their gaze lock at each other.   

“Hmm? Yes Min?” Chaewon asked, as she tucked a piece of her hair at the back of Minju’s ear. Clearing her view of Minju’s beautiful and breathtaking face.   

The several inches left in between them was never an issue. Maybe it was because they are well too used with each other's presence or all the times they became more than just best friends. The little space was their haven, their peace and bubble.   

“Can you promise me something?” Minju averted her gaze to Chaewon’s lips then to her eyes again.  

“Min, whatever it is, just tell me.”   

“Please be there always to save and fix me.” Minju stated. Obviously aware how heavy the words she uttered is. Also ashamed that of all the people she could've asked, it was her best friend who she knew loves her more than just.   

“Hey, look at me. Even if you didn’t ask me I would still. You know that right? Wherever you are, I’ll be there. And whatever happens, I’ll come running to save and fix you unlimited times.” Chaewon reassured the younger one as she engulfed her in a tight and warm embrace. Not minding the noisiness their world possesses. She kissed Minju’s forehead, running her hair through the bright pink strands. Inhaling the addicting sweet floral scent only Minju owns.   

“Kim Minju,  just remember that as long as you can see lights around you, I will be there.  Okay? Now smile because Eunbi unnie won’t stop bugging us tonight if we don’t take a picture with her new film camera now!”   

Chaewon knew that the moment she picked up the phone call, she was already entering a new but awfully familiar world. She knew that answering her call means fulfilling her promise. And she knew from the moment she uttered her name; she is going to come

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter