love in seasons

love in seasons
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Fell in love spring …

 

 

 

 

Wendy watched in awe as pink petals surrounded her and the sea of people joining the annual Yeouido Spring Flower Festival. It’s the first time she’s seen it, not from the thin screen of her phone but with her eyes, cherry blossom flowers dancing in the air as she walked around the walkway of the park. She’s glad to be back after spending ten years abroad and coming back to such a timely festival just made her miss home more.

 

 

 

Inhaling the spring air as she walked towards the lake, the busy street filled with families and couples and friends spending their time outdoors, appreciating the beauty of the cherry blossom trees, she felt a tinged jealous to be coming here on her own. Arms linked behind, sling bag swinging lightly , her hand resting on the camera slung around her neck as she strolled and took in the beautiful scenery around her, smiling as she snapped a few photos.

 

 

 

The concrete walkway turned into cobblestone path that lead her into the quieter corner of the park where less cherry blossom trees lined the area instead, pine and ginkgo trees are littered creating a colorful scenario with pink petals floating aimlessly in the air. She observed the few people who visited place, mostly couple holding hands and taking pictures of themselves and the scenery. Wendy smiled wistfully as she passed them by, feet taking her to the benches shaded by the huge pine trees lining the path by the lake.

 

 

 

Benches left empty as people took a liking to strolling around the park rather than merely staying in one place. She eyed the bench that sat between a ginkgo and cherry blossom tree, yellow and pink littered on the ground beneath, taking out her camera to capture the fluttering leaves floating like pink and yellow wings of small faeries around the lone bench.

 

 

 

Click! Click!

 

 

 

Clicking the camera shutter continuously, as she timed every flutter of the leaves to the ground, eyes still on the view finder as she snapped a few more. Satisfied, she checked the photos on the camera, smiling at every shot that’s taken quite well, the colors playing in every photo as she scrolled through it. Scrolling at a few similar shots, she found something that made her eyebrows drew together, confused as she found an anomaly.

 

 

 

She kept scrolling through it until a certain shot, candidly taken at an angle that displayed the individual, that accidentally became her muse instead of that lone bench. Wendy stared at it in awe, mouth shaped into an ‘O’, seemingly unaware that the person she had been gawking at is just sitting a few feet from where she’s standing, a pensive look on her otherwise beautiful face.

 

 

 

Wendy snapped out of her daze when a petal floated near her nose, a loud sneeze escaping from her, evidently making her tilt her head up, eyes screwed shut as she rubbed her nostrils with the back of her hand. She blinked away the stray tears caused by sneezing, freezing as her gaze was caught by the person who heard her. Wendy gulped, embarrassment coloring her cheeks as the person didn’t break eye contact, standing up and taking slow steps towards her.

 

 

 

Stopping just a couple of feet away from her, the individual started, “You must be allergic to pollens. Here,” handing out a crisp white handkerchief with a small smile on her face. Wendy stammered a response, “I-I- I’m us-usually –“rubbing the tip of her nose when it itched, sniffing, “I’m not – not usually allergic. Thank you,“ accepting the handkerchief handed to her.

 

 

 

“Really? But you seem to be having a hard time right now,” she said, eyebrows knitted together, “Allergies can happen anytime, you know.”

 

 

 

“I’ve never been allergic to anything … until now,” Wendy said uncertainly, nose pinkish from constantly rubbing and sneezing in between.

 

 

 

“It’s better if we take you far from the park. I’m Irene, by the way. Irene Bae,” she said, offering a hand but Wendy shook her head, referring to her allergic reactions and the possible repercussions if she took her hand for a handshake, Irene chuckled and just patted her shoulder good-naturedly.

 

 

 

“Thank you for the handkerchief, Irene. I’m Wendy Son, can I shake your hand later?” Irene laughed, eyes crinkled in delight at the eager look on Wendy’s face, uttering ‘Sure, sure’.

 

 

 

 

 

Have loved you like summer …

 

 

 

Joohyun slumped on the balcony chair near the wide open window, eyes closed with a fan in hand moving constantly to chase away the humidity drenching the clothes on her back and chest. Even when she’s wearing a tank top and cotton shorts, it’s still hot. She could usually endure the heat but right now it’s above the usual temperature, hitting at 41°C.

 

 

 

What’s worse is that Seungwan made a schedule on when to use the air conditioner, she grumbled under her breath she could’ve argued about it – 10AM-2PM is the hottest time of the day yet Seungwan really choose to put it there, heavily highlighted that it should remain off for four hours. She let out a huff, reminded that it was partly her fault for getting easily swayed by a kiss and what followed after when she dissuaded Seungwan about it.

 

 

 

Joohyun’s hand is starting to ache from constantly fanning herself – even the electric fan they bought is barely doing its job.  The warm summer air making her feel sleepy despite sweat trickling down her cheek and perspiration making her neck and shoulders glisten, feeling her eyes droop to close, Joohyun yawned, succumbing to slumber.

 

 

 

Joohyun barely felt herself dream when a cold sensation hit her forehead, moist left in its wake as it moved to her cheek to the bridge of her nose, she opened an eye to a Seungwan smiling mischievously at the cold wet trails she made on her face. Screwing her eyes shut once again, Joohyun felt the chair creak, Seungwan leaned an arm on the space behind her, still playing with an unopened Melona on her face.

 

 

 

Crinkling her nose, she heard Seungwan chuckled, body leaning away from her, Joohyun whined, “Don’t go,” a hand shot out blindly to hold Seungwan’s arm.

 

 

 

“But it’s melting inside its wrapper. I’ll only put this back,” Seungwan said, tugging her arm but Joohyun held on, muttering a ‘No’, turning around to pout at Seungwan, stubbornly clutching at her arm, she tilted her head before sighing.

 

 

 

“Feed me,” Joohyun said, opening adorably, eyes closed.

 

 

 

Joohyun can be such a baby when she wants to, Seungwan thought, rolling her eyes when Joohyun glared at her unmoving figure, “Fine, fine,” plopping beside her as she unwrapped the treat – as she expected its already starting to melt.

 

 

 

She stared at the popsicle in her hand t

Please log in to read the full chapter