Prologue

Perhaps Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kim Jongkook was getting ready for his private wedding. He was about to wed to his long-term high school girlfriend, Yoon Eunhye. He promised to her that once he became famous, he would marry her and will keep it a secret.

 

In the beginning, she agreed to marry him.

 

After much consideration, she told Jongkook, “Oppa. I’m sorry. I don’t think I can marry you.” Jongkook looked at her in disbelief, “Why not?”

 

“Oppa. You’re too famous and I’m just a nobody. If your fans find out about us, God knows what will happen to you and me.” She said worryingly, while looking down. She took his hand and gave back the wedding ring to him. “I hope, you’ll meet someone who loves you as much as I do. Thanks for the memories, oppa.”

 

She gave a light peck on his cheek and a smile. He has no choice but to accept her decision. Deep down, he still loves her. He would put on his wedding band on his finger.

 

Weeks later, he went to numerous of dates with non-celebrities. Most of his dates are non-Korean and none of them know who he is. He does this to forget about her. Still wearing on the wedding band, the women he dated thought he’s married. “Oh. We’re going through a divorce. My Korean wife used to hit me when she’s very drunk.”

 

“Oh my, you must’ve been very hurt.”

 

Jongkook shook his head, “She’s a monster! I’m glad that I’m able to divorce her. We never had after we got married.” His date would bite on her lips and started to flirt with him, and he did the same. “You know, why not you sleep over in my home? I’ll treat you better than your wife.”

 

Jongkook smiled and accepted her offer.

 

The girls he dated and had with, were just one-night stands. He never thought that a simple wedding band and a lie would get him to sleep with them.

 

Months later, Jongkook’s new make-up artist was assigned to him. His previous make-up artist quit her job due to some personal issues. The newcomer greeted herself, “Annyeong haseyo. Song Jihyo imnida. Bangapsumnida.” She said with a smile. She was wearing a pair of black glasses; her hair is tied into a ponytail. She was wearing a white long sleeve shirt with baggy pants and a pair of worn out sneakers. To his eyes, he never thought a girl like her dressed up so poorly could become his make-up artist.

 

At first, he didn’t care about her and let her do her job. When he happened to see that she was wearing on a wedding ring. He looked at her, “You’re married?”

 

“Huh?” Jihyo gave him a confused look. “That ring on your finger. You’re married?” She chuckled and smiled, “Yeah. I was married very young because I was pregnant with my first daughter. She’s three ye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter