What The Members Want

What The Members Want

Monday. The day most of the world’s population hates. The day when you usually find yourself questioning how and why the weekend by so fast. But for Jong Kook, Monday is the day he always looks forward to. Monday is the day he always considers the best out of the seven days of the week. Because that’s the day he gets to see his other family. Because he got to see her. He got to see Song Ji Hyo. The Mondays and occasionally Tuesdays they spent together brought them to be a couple today. From shy strangers to bickering siblings to a loving couple. And now they’re married! Thanks to the show and to the Mondays they spent together, they’re happily married. But today, he hates that he should get up by now and go to the venue where the shoot will take place. He hates that he will leave his wife in their house. It’s the first time he’ll not be with her during the shoot. During Monday. It was their decision. Actually, it was her idea. They knew that when they will announce their engagement and be married, one should leave the show. In order to let the show continue, to let the members continue their running, one of them should stop. Jong Kook was ready to throw his hands in the meeting they will hold. But Ji Hyo, herself, volunteered to resign from the show. The members looked at her like she was too ridiculous to even say that.

 

“Yah!” The Running Man members chorused.

 

“Seong Im-ah! Are you out of your mind? We know how this show is important for you. And we also know how you heartbroken you were before. You can stay! We will all stay. We’ll talk to them!” Jae Suk pointed out.

 

“You of all the people present here in this room should know that this industry we work in, doesn’t work that way, Oppa.” She smiled at her Jae Suk Oppa. “Just like you said, this show is very dear to my heart. It helped me, it made me who I am today. As it is very important to me, I don’t want it to end. I want it to continue, I want you guys not to stop running, even if it means I need to. And also, I won’t be heartbroken this time. These guys in front of me don't have the courage to get me out of this show, am I right Bo Pil?” She asks, that made the man nod his head. “I’m still one of you. It’s just that I won’t be here every Monday and Tuesday. But of course, I’ll always visit. You know I can’t resist you guys.”

 

And with that, the meeting ended with the decision that Ji Hyo will leave the show. She wasn’t let go that easily. The members still tried to change her mind, but knowing her they didn’t get any chance to persuade her. So they filmed a lot of episodes, making sure it’s enough because they’ll have a break before starting filming without Ji Hyo. As the last filming of Ji Hyo is about to end, the staff brought in a cake, a banner, and a gift they prepared for Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo is already crying as they wheeled in the cake, which makes the others also tear up.

 

“Today’s my last filming as a permanent member on the show.” She started as her tears flowed in her cheeks which were immediately wiped by Jong Kook. “I am very happy to be part of this show. Thanks to this, I was able to be the person who I am today. I was able to meet people who eventually became my family. And I was also able to meet the person I’ll share my life with.” She looks at Jong Kook who smiles at her sweetly. “I won’t say goodbye, because I’ll surely visit all of you from time to time. Maybe, I’ll suddenly come on the show, even without my husband knowing.” She winked at the cameras and made a sign to Bo Pil to consider her idea. “Please continue to support and love the show, as the members and the staff will always work hard to provide a great show. Thank you and I love you all.” She bowed and tears suddenly surged. The members all hugged her as they also saw themselves crying.

 

They got married, had their honeymoon trip in Boracay, spent their time together before going back to work. And now, their break came to an end. Jong Kook dragged his body to the bathroom and took a shower. He changed to a new set of clothes and did everything he needed to do before going out. All this time, Ji Hyo was still having her best sleep in their bed. She really never changes. He kissed her goodbye and finally went out.

 

Ji Hyo felt her husband’s lip brushed against her forehead. She waited to open her eyes right after he left. She checked her phone and saw that it was Monday. Oh, it’s Monday. Oppa will go to film Running Man today, while…. I’m not. Ji Hyo felt a little sad at the thought she’s not going to film today and tomorrow and even on the succeeding Mondays and Tuesdays. She made her rethink her decisions on leaving the show. But she quickly shook off her thoughts and thought it was the best for all of them. As she goes by her day, she still thinks of the show and the members. She thinks about the missions and the lunch and the stories they will share today. She also thinks about how Jae Suk is constantly picking up at the members especially the tall one, how Suk Jin is complaining nonstop, how HaHa will tease the youngest about their loveline, how Kwang Soo will always be suspected as the spy even if there was none, how So Min will do something ridiculous that will make the other members scratched their heads, how Se Chan will get bossed around by her husband, and how Jong Kook will dominate all the missions today. She sighs, thinking about them makes her really miss them. 

 

Jong Kook received a mission today. He’s the spy and there is no one helping him today. They are filming without any guests today, so he thought it would be possible as he knows how to deceive the members every time. Just like Ji Hyo thought, he dominated all the secret missions he received while pulling off a disguise as a normal person on today’s episode. When it was time for the last mission, which is the classic nametag ripping, he surely proved that he was worthy of the nickname the Commander or the Sparta. Before they ended the episode, Dong Hoon suggested to call Ji Hyo with which all the members agreed.

 

“Hello? Aren’t you filming, Oppa?” Ji Hyo answered the call.

 

“Ji Hyo-yah!!!” The members shouted, which made Ji Hyo startled and moved her phone away from her.

 

“Why, why?”

 

“Ji Hyo, greet the audience first we’re still shooting.” Jae Suk said.

 

“Make sure you won’t curse, Noona!” Kwang Soo reminded her.

 

“Yah! They can edit it out!” Ji Hyo laughed. “Hello everyone! It’s Song Ji Hyo. I miss you already!”

 

“Unnie, I miss you already! I don’t like to be the only girl here, I need you to stop them from teasing me.” So Min whined.

 

“Noona, we need you here! So Min’s not great at taking care of us!” Se Chan said that made him receive a hit from So Min.

 

They all said their concerns to Ji Hyo as she is always there to make sure they are always okay and will always solve the problem. Ji Hyo can’t help but laugh at all of them. They are still the same. They are still childish even though they’re in their mid-30s and 40s, Suk Jin’s even in his mid-50s! As she was still giggling at her friends’ banter and complaints, Jae Suk suddenly pointed out something.

 

“Yah, Ji Hyo-yah! Can you please come back and let Jong Kook be the one staying at home? Please! He’s still brutal as ever!” Jae Suk pleaded.

 

“Yah!” Jong Kook tried to take away the phone from him, but wasn’t able to.

 

“Ji Hyo that’s true! It’s you that we want here, not this muscle man!” Suk Jin cried.

 

“Ji Hyo, we are pleading and begging you! Be sure you’ll tie him up tomorrow and come instead, okay?” Dong Hoon said.

 

Ji Hyo can’t help but to burst out laughing once again. So I was right? Oppa surely tortured them once again. 

 

“Should I do that?” She asked with which  she received a lot of approvals from the members. “Okay, okay. Bo Pil-ah, I’ll come back tomorrow! I’ll take care of Jong Kook Oppa. Wait for me tomorrow guys, okay?” Ji Hyo jokes.

 

“Yeobo, don’t believe them I’m actually the one who was bullied throughout the whole day.” Jong Kook snatched the phone and used his antics to make his wife believe him instead.

 

“Yah, Kim Jong Kook. I know how brutal you can get, I believe that you won’t be bullied or get picked up by the members! They’re scared of you!” Ji Hyo said while laughing at her husband in disbelief.

 

“Oh, you really know me well, don’t you?” Jong Kook smiled at her words.

 

“No, no, no! It’s not the time for some lovey-dovey!” Kwang Soo snatched the phone out of his Hyung’s hand. “Noona, let’s get dinner tonight!”

 

“He’s right, Ji Hyo-yah! Come to my restaurant later, we’ll meet you there!” Dong Hoon said.

 

“Sure! I’ll go get changed already, I’ll see you in a few! Bye!” Ji Hyo said.

 

“Yeobo, I love you!” Jong Kook shouted before Ji Hyo ended the call that made the members .

 

Ji Hyo immediately got changed and went to her car. When she arrived the members were already there. They ate, drank and shared a lot of stories especially of today’s shoot. They were complaining about Jong Kook non-stop to her that will always make her laugh. Before the night ended, they snapped some pictures. On the way home, Jong Kook drove for the two of them.

 

“So how was your day?” Jong Kook asked.

 

“It was boring, Oppa. But I was able to sleep the whole day!” Ji Hyo answered.

 

“Did you miss us? Did you miss me?” Jong Kook asked once again.

 

“Mhmm. I miss everyone, especially you.” 

 

“Me too. The others missed you too. They kept saying, if Ji Hyo was here we’ll get through this in no time, if Ji Hyo is here she’ll definitely get angry, so on and so forth.” Jong Kook and Ji Hyo laughed at their friends.

 

When they got home, Jong Kook went straight to their bathroom to wash up. While Ji Hyo was lounging in their living room. She grabbed her phone and  looked at the pictures they took while having their dinner. Oh, how I miss these people. She decided to post the pictures even though she wasn’t the type to post pictures in social media that often.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(A series of pictures of the members while having fun at Dong Hoon’s restaurant.)

 

my_songjihyo Mondays seem to be a little empty without these people. I miss them so much, so is the filming for Running Man. :(((

 

Ps. They all complained about my husband and said that they would like me to show up instead of him in the next shoot. Should I consider to tie Kim Jong Kook and lock him up in our house and be the one to film the show the next time??? It’s what the members want @kjk76

 

quanhaha79 yes please, Ji Hyo-yah! I don’t want to get tortured again in the next filming!

 

jsomin86 Unnie!!!! Please come to the next shooting!!! I miss you so bad the whole day :((

 

yangse2848 Noona, I’m not kidding when I say you’re better at taking care of us than So Min!!!

 

masijacoke840714 Se Chan’s right! I miss my Noona already :(((

 

kjk76 As if you’ll be able to lock me up and leave me! And yah, all of you be sure to be ready for the next filming >: <

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading this! Stay safe!