just close your eyes

within your reach
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She was ready. She was born for this. She sacrificed everything for this. Winning every title of every pageants she joins is her goal. Having every glorious crowns in every pageant put on her head is the biggest win she'll ever achieve.

That's what she thinks. That's what she says.

Sana takes her breaths, she takes everything she can have to calm herself.

It was a mantra she always does when she joins these contests, breathing in and holding everything in her, every worry, every sensitive nerve, before she takes the final step on the stage where she'll finally reveal herself to the awaiting crowd.

"Deep breath Sana. You're going to win. You're taking home the crown tonight, just like every pageants you've joined and conquered. You're the star."

"Hey Sana." She turns from looking at the monitor where Chaeyeon, the contestant before her, can be seen still waltzing through the long runway leading to other stage across from where they are, to look at Nayeon who called her, the second oldest among the contestants.

"I bet you'll do great out there. You're not named the Hurricane of Japan for nothing." Nayeon sends a comforting smile towards the blonde haired girl who smiles back at her, Sana reaching out her hand to hold the older's hand.

Nayeon reaches out too, giving a warm squeeze on Sana's hand.

The two smile again at each other, letting each other go as one of the coordinators signals Sana that she's needed to go out.

"Deep breath."

And she takes the step on the stairs leading to the stage.

Lights. And screams.

Those are the things that welcomes her as she takes her first step on the stage. It was overwhelming, just like the other times she joined but everytime she tells herself to get used to it, she never does.

It was a never-ending loop.

As soon as she takes her place on the middle of the stage, an easy smile quickly falls on her face as the lights dim in her sight and the shouts become more little as they enter her ears.

She opens her eyes and the screams intesify, but it doesn't irritate her ears, and that calms her nerves a bit.

Just a bit.

She turns her head a little when a small red light bleeps from the other stage, a signal their coordinators had said that meant that it was time for them to do their catwalk.

And so Sana does.

But before she can, she sees a pair of familiar eyes in the middle part of the crowd, on the right side of the stage.

Everything stops for a moment, just like the cliche stories. But can it be really called cliche if it really happens in real life?

It was the same pair of eyes that had captured her attention one Saturday morning when she was looking for a dress she can use for the pageant she had joined that time.

It was the same pair of eyes she had longed to see when that fateful day ended.

It was the same pair of eyes she had longed to see when that fateful day ended.

It was the same pair of eyes she was always excited to see when they had agreed to meet each other on Saturdays.
It was the same pair of eyes that reflected the love she had on hers.

But it was also the same pair of eyes that held the tears when she decided that it was better to stop reflecting the united love from both of their eyes.

It was the same pair of eyes that held the utter devastation that she had always feared to see.

It was the same pair of eyes that said goodbye with a smile.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter