Its me

My Promise

 

Huff

Chaeyoung blew a deep breath. "This is it." She chanted in her mind, walking into the big building in front of her. A big plate engraved above the automatic door. 'MYOUI CORP'

She walked to the receiptionist and asked the way as per stated in her letter, and walked to the mention place. She knocked on the door and entered after a soft voice mentioned her to come in.

"Ah. Ms Son. You have arrived. Please have a seat and we will start with the briefing." the woman behind the desk said. Chaeyoung with nervous face just sat as the woman was glow up with charismatic pose eventhough she has a smile on her face.

"Well. My name is Park Jihyo. We met for a brief during your interview for this position." Jihyo said. Chaeyoung just answered with a small yes.

"Oh dont be nervous. We are going to be teammate soon." and Jihyo started her long briefing on Chaeyoung's job. But nevertheless. Jihyo forgot to mention some part of it.

_

A few days of working, Chaeyoung had no hussle. She just stand, watched people walking here and there. It was quiet boring I must say. But for Chaeyoung, she was entertained with every person that walk by. Even, she made friends with some of them. Dahyun, the PR executive was one of them. Fist bump was a must everytime they meet. Jihyo was not that strict either. She was quiet aloof when they were hanging together. And more other people.

She got quiet some admire. Who doesnt? Cute face, dimples, fit body, and damn that suit fits her like hell. Yes. She worked as security. Along with Jihyo. Thats why all her did is standing and watch people. 

_

Things get entertaining when they finally met. Which is a part of Jihyo forgot to mention to her.

"Sorry but no outside food is allowed." Chaeyoung extended her arm to prevent the person from coming in.

"I'm sorry?" the person obviously dumbfounded.

"I said. No outside food is allowed. Please leave it behind before you entering." Chaeyoung repeated again.

"Do you even know who you talking with?" the person furious.

"I'm afraid not, Maam. But a rule is a rule. I don't want my boss to be mad." Chaeyoung answered with politeness.

"Well then. Your 'boss' would'nt mind if I come in with a coffee with me." the person crossed her arms.

"Welp. Don't want to take the risk. Maam, if you still want to have a coffee, you may buy it from out own cafe. It serves the best coffee." Chaeyoung tried to ease the woman.

"Oh god." the woman facepalmed and called someone. "Park Jihyo. Come here right now! Your stupid kid is getting on my nerve." the woman almost lost her temper.

"Well, Maam. You can't get away even if you know Jihyo. Rules is rules." Chaeyoung frown. 

"I'm not talking to you until Jihyo come, kid. So shut up your mouth or you will loss your job." the person said. Jihyo came running furiously.

"Son Chaeyoung, you stupid!" she cried outloud. "Ms Mina. I'm sorry for her stupidity. Please have your way." Jihyo said as she bow to 'Ms Mina'. Mina smirked to Chaeyoung before she sassily get into the building.

As Mina loss from their sight, Jihyo hit the back of Chaeyoung's head. "Son Chaeyoung! Don't you know she is? I briefed to you already all the important person in this company."

"Aww. I swear you never mention this woman. Whoever she is!!" Chaeyoung held her head where Jihyo hit her.

"That, Son Chaeyoung, is the one and only Myoui Mina. The heir of Myoui Corp. How could you didnt know her?! For god sake, you and I almost loss our job just now." Jihyo now crouched beside Chaeyoung who still holding her head.

"That is Mina? Wow damn." Chaeyoung then realised she just mess up.

" Yeah damn. All the best after this."

They continued their respective job. Chaeyoung however despite of be scared of what will happen to her, she smiled. Deep down she was happy.

"Finally."

_

Nothing happen for the next few days. Chaeyoung already remembered Mina's schedule. What time she will come, when will she get back home, her cars, and other few details.

On one particular day, Chaeyoung readied with a coffee. She glanced at her watch, 1 minute left. She was nervous but she need to get over it. By the time she waited, the person she waited walked by. She hastily extend her arms while shutting her eyes. The person abruptly stop and side glance at her. Chaeyoung then hand over the coffee the person.

"My apologize for my rudeness the other day. I'm sorry for not recognizing you. Please have this coffee and have a nice day, Ms Mina." she gave a smile with a dimple as a plus. Mina recognized the cup from their cafe and gave a small smile.

"Don't you think that you will get away with that cute dimple of yours." Mina said before she walked away. Chaeyoung didnt need to know that Mina is weak for deep dimple.

_

Their friendly batter became ocassionaly. Both them greet each other when they meet. Chaeyoung felt at ease to tell Mina jokes on some days. Mina also on the other side, anticipate it everyday.

"Don't you afraid you get home late, Ms Mina? Its dangerous for someone like you to walk alone." Chaeyoung asked one day when she walked Mina to her car late midnight.

"I don't have a choice. We are getting a lot of projects lately. And we need to catch up with the due. But then, you are here you protect me dont you? Its your job anyway." Mina sigh tiredly as she get into her car.

"Welp. Sorry for dissapoint you but actually I'm afraid of blood." Chaeyoung suddenly said.

"What??!! Are you joking??" Mina gasped.

"Well look at your face. I'm just joking, Ms. I will protect you with all my live." Chaeyoung smile. Mina to be honest was flattered. But she needs to be cool.

"No need to that extend. Well then. Goodnight, Chaeyoung." Mina waved as she drived away.

"Goodnight." 

_

"Sana. Please help me. I'm getting insane!" Mina slumped on her bed while on the other side if the phone just laughed at her. "Sana pleaseeee. God. Her dimples urgh. Why she had to say it like that??" Mina almost cried.

"Mina. My baby Mina is in love. How cute~ Momo, look at her. She so cute talking about her crush." Sana laughed again.

"I bet she said like that to every staff. Dont you see how close she is with other people. But, she is a guard. Of course she need to protect everyone. But her eyes. Damn her eyes." Mina continued to gramble.

"Mina. Listen to yourself. You are like being a jealous girlfriend." Momo said.

"I'm not. Please she can talk to anyone she want to." Mina sighed.

"Have you forget about that kid, Mina? The one that made promise with you?" Sana reminded her.

"Always. I'm still waiting for her." Mina sighed again.

They ended the conversation with some deep conversation that made Mina wondering about it.

_

Chaeyoung was nothing but being sweet to Mina. She accompanied her everytime Mina stays late the office. Not wanting to cross her boundary, Chaeyoung stays outside Mina's room, making sure she was in her sight. Sometimes, she even brought dinner for Mina if Mina too occupied with her works. 

Mina however want to stay true to her promise when she was young, she became cold towards Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung didnt know what she did wrong that Mina was getting mad at her. Even shout at her to leave her alone and said that she no need to wait for her anymore. 

Sana and Momo getting worried about Mina since they know her true feelings. They also noticed that Chaeyoung was no longer cheery like always. So instead of confronting Mina since they knew how stubborn Mina can be when she make up her mind, they talked with Chaeyoung instead. Starting with investigating her motive of getting close to Mina. Thats how they knew, who Chaeyoung is.

_

It was a bad day. Very very bad day. 

Gunshots. Screaming. People were franctically hiding theirselves under the table. Worst, being hold as a hostage. 

Mina was tied on a chair while one of the intruders talk to the phone. She was beyond terified. She saw her staff, her friends being pointed gun at. Jihyo was knocked on the floor. Jeongyeon lied beside Jihyo. Sana and Momo both tied beside her chair. Few other still under the table but guns still pointed on the table. Any wrong movement could led to more dangerous situation.

She knew what the intruders want. Money. The company downfall. And worst her family to miserable. She was crying silently. 

You said you will protect me. Where are you now, Katarina?

Son Chaeyoung you liar. You said you will protect me with all you life. Bull.

Her eyes was blurry that she couldnt realize any movement around her. All she know was someone whispering to her.

"Whatever happen, dont open your eyes until I say so. Things will get ugly." the voice, that familiar voice. She nodded.

Then she can hear grunts all over the room. Gunshots. Clashing. Table collapsed. 

"Dont move or the woman die." Suddenly she was headlocked and gun on her temple. She resisted from opening her eyes.

"Myoui. I said dont open your eyes." that familiar voice said again before she could hear grunts from the said woman. She knew that the woman was getting beaten.

What Mina doesnt know is when that woman whisper to her, the woman untied Momo and Sana and asked them to pretend that they is tied and gave them something.

Its was a matter of time, Sana realized she only has once chance. She noticed that the intruder that hold Mina was getting distracted. She took her chance. She used the taser that Chaeyoung gave her, while Momo quickly untied Mina and dragged both Sana and Mina behind the table. Thats when Chaeyoung started to fight again.

Chaeyoung knew she need to end soon before the guys get Mina again. She had no choice but to use the gun that one of the man dropped earlier. But she was not the type that kill people, so she just shot crucial part so that they cant move and attacked them again. The rest, the police should handle it.

Mina thought it was the end when she heard no sound. So she peek from the table. And there she is. Standing in the middle of the room, analysed if there was anything else. When Chaeyoung thought it safe, she walked towards Mina to see the woman had injured anywhere.

"Minari. Are you ok? You hurt anywhere?" she examined the whole body. Mina stunned when she heard that name.

"You? You are that kid? You are Katarina." Mina gasped.

"Oh that. Urgh. Katarina. Yes. Katarina Son. Son Katarina Chaeyoung. Whatever it is." Chaeyoung sighed as she grunt. The pain just kick off. The adrenaline of protecting her love was running out. Her legs become jelly and almost stumble. Mina was still disbelieved what she heard just now. She just laughed to herself when she finally accepting it.

You are with me all this time.

While they were in their own bubble, they didnt realized that the guy that Sana taser just now gained his concious and reached for his gun before shooting at Mina. His eyes might be blurry because instead of shooting at Mina, he shot Chaeyoung instead. Making her fall on her knees.

"Chaeyoung! Chaeyoung! Oh god! Chaeyoung!" Mina was crying at this moment. The guy tried to escape but the police finally there and caught him.

Chaeyoung was bleeding heavily while Mina hold her wound to avoid more bleeding. Chaeyoung was already weak from the fight before and now this. She was too tired.

"Minari. I'm sorry that I took too long. I hold to our promise. I grow up stronger. I grow up to protect. I protected you. I keep our promise." she said before she passed out from losing alot of blood. And Mina. Mina also passed out from seeing too much blood.

_

Mina stays beside her bed everyday. Crying whenever she can. Saying useless things.

"I'm not dead yet." a whisper.

"Chaeyoung!" Mina quickly call the nurse.

The doctor examined Chaeyoung and said she need to be supervise a few more days before she can be discharged and Chaeyoung can only sigh. When the doctor was out from the room then Mina finally said something.

"Stupid Katarina. Stupid Chaeyoung. Whatever you name is." Mina was mad but her gesture was not as she held Chaeyoung's hand softly and brought it to her face and hold it tightly.

"Well. Suprise. Although I want to make an event to tell you. But yeah. That doesnt go as plan." Chaeyoung smiled softly.

"Dont do that again. Dont be heroic. Let the police do their job. Just stay. Stay beside me. Unhurt." Mina plead.

"Alright Minari. I will stay by your side. Forever." Chaeyoung shows her dimple.

"I heard from Sana and Momo." Chaeyoung said while Mina played with her hand.

"I heard you like my oh so deep dimple." Chaeyoung laughed hard before grunting because of her gunshot at her stomach.

"What? No! Dont believe in them. They are prankster." Mina faced said otherwise. Its getting red and too obvious. That make Chaeyoung laughed again. But this time slowly.

"Thats ok. I said I love your body to them." Chaeyoung grinned.

"What?? Thats why!! Thats why they asked me to wear.. Oh god. This is so embarassing." Mina covered her now bright red face.

"I want to say I love something else too." Chaeyoung said that make Mina peeked from her hand. Chaeyoung then grabbed her wrist and tugged her closer until Mina's face was infront of her. Mina's breath hitched but she slowly closed her eyes as Chaeyoung kissed her.

The kiss was slow and sweet. Making the both them smile. Chaeyoung pulled away and give another peck before saying.

"I love you lips." She teased.

"Whatever Chaeyoung." Mina rolled her eyes before gave Chaeyoung another kiss.

In between their kiss, both them exchange "I love you" many times and only stopped kissing when Sana and Momo walked in saying something like watching live . 

They didnt mind and just gave each other shy smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And live hppily ever after.