Prologue.

Trouvaille
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Below the stunningly shining sapphire sea water, there existed a completely different universe than what mankind had been assuming and creating tales about. In the deepest root of the sea, where no human could reach till this day, or even if they had somehow reached, was absolutely unable to survive and return back to the surface, was the kingdom of the ocean's royal race. The only ruler of the seven seas, the mermaid folks who had been ruling and maintaining the balance of sea and the creatures that belonged to the enormous ocean for centuries. They were supposedly bestowed with numerous abilities by the goddess of the sea herself, so that the massive oceans wouldn't engulf the whole earth, or the powerful creatures who held the ability to wipe out most of the human race, would be kept within shackles of control.

Despite playing such huge role in protecting the peace of both worlds, lives of the mermaids weren't just full of hectic workloads or plain boredom. They had their own shares of fun as well in between their duties. The royal family ensured safety and proper regulations in the seven seas, thus everyone was able to lead a peaceful life.

 

It was just another typical day for Kyungsoo and Jongdae as they ventured around the upper portion of the abyssal. The most used name of their world was abyssal, named by their beloved king's ancestors. Even though the mid and upper portion of the sea could sometimes appear a little too dangerous to be patrolling around for just two male mermaids, Kyungsoo and Jongdae were exceptional since they also belonged to the royal family and thus, they also had some special abilities that would keep them safe from dangers. To be precise, the most common danger in their world was the sharks, they were apparently the goons or bad boys of underwater. And any member of the royal family was capable of handling a few bad boys alone, they'd been given training since their childhood to nourish their powers in order to protect themselves and their race. There were also a few number of seen and unseen deathly creatures, but the royal family had also managed to keep them suppressed in a sacred route of their abyssal.

The two merfolks swum through the calm bluish upper surface of the sea, sharing top gossips of their neighborhood mermen or sometimes even teasing every other group of small fishes. Their main agenda was to stroll the area they were assigned to, specifically checking around the area whether there's any irregular circumstances or even whether any sharks were causing any troubles or not. 

"Hey, look over there! It's another of those outer world giants!" Kyungsoo nudged Jongdae, who was messing with the large red crab with whom the older merman had some beef with last week, and pointed at the silhouette of a ship that was passing just a few meters over them. 

"Not them again! These evil giants give nothing but pollution to our world!" Jongdae groaned, very annoyed as they just had to silently watch people from the outer world doing stupid things like dirtying their precious home and they couldn't even teach them any lessons for being this rude, as it was their ancestors' orders to not mess with the beings or anything related to outer world. 

"You're right." Kyungsoo sighed while the two of them watched the giant ship going further away, allowing the sunrays to fall over them again. 

"Sometimes I really wish our hands weren't tied by the words of our great king from centuries ago, and we could've actually break one of those giants-" Jongdae was going on with his venomous thoughts for the trouble makers but he had to stop when beside the silhouette of the giant, they noticed a really tiny sign of something's existence. "Wait, what's that?" He pointed at the direction, a little wary as he didn't trust the human beings at all and he was certain that whatever it was that had fallen into the sea, it had fallen from the giant ship.

"I don't know. It looks like a person? Let's go and check!" Kyungsoo mumbled and started flapping his shiny greenish tail hastily to reach towards the seemingly struggling figure of what seemed like a human being.

Jongdae was fast enough to grasp onto kyungsoo's tail to stop the male,  "Are you crazy? What if the human has any explosive device with him?" he yelled at his younger brother, eyes widened in alarm.

"Let me go, Jongdae! And I think it's a she! Don't you see her long hair?" Kyungsoo corrected Jongdae, "Also, she looks like she needs help!" The green-tailed merman pointed out to the lighter green-tailed male.

"No way! We aren't allowed to mingle with them! Father would be displeased with us!" Jongdae protested. He let out a frustrated groan when Kyungsoo used his ability to shove Jongdae down with a forceful wave of his tail.

"Don't forget that we are allowed to help if they are dying!" Kyungsoo yelled back as he swum closer to the now seemingly lifeless female. 

Seeing Kyungsoo going alone towards the human being and actually holding her in his arms was enough push for Jongdae to leave his stubbornness behind and swim towards his brother as well. "Check her first, whether she has any weapon with her or not!" He suggested as soon as he reached near the two figures.

"Jongdae! Don't you see she is dying! Be a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter