in rumors i’m knee-deep

i swear i don't love the drama, it loves me

The only good thing about all those boring business galas were the after parties; not that Handong necessarily attended them all but sometimes she just couldn’t say no to Gahyeon’s puppy eyes.

So here she was, in an underground club surrounded by the elite of the country, drinking some fancy craft beer while dressed to the nines.

Her eyes scanned the crowd and at the sight of all those sweaty bodies on the dance floor she shuddered, this was so not her scene.

“Live a little, Dongie”, Yoohyeon, her other best friend, nudged her with her shoulder.

Handong rolled her eyes and took a sip of her beer, “I didn’t come here to enjoy myself, I’m only here because Gahyeon promised to stop trying to steal my Ferrari if I came”

Yoohyeon looked at her incredulously, “As if you don’t lend it to her every time she asks”

Her friend was right, Handong always gave Gahyeon everything she wanted, from clothes to food to weird hang out activities, whatever Gahyeon wanted, Handong gave it to here. It was the least she could do for the one that had always been by her side through the worst times of her life, even though Handong had been weirded out by Gahyeon’s sunny and outgoing personality, the youngest proved that her friendship was true and she wasn’t in it for Handong’s reputation. Gahyeon didn’t see her as just the heir of Han Consolidate, but as just Dongie.

“You know her puppy eyes always get me”, Handong smiled at her friend, while they both looked at Gaheyon dancing with a stranger.

“What about mine?”, Yoohyeon pouted at Handong and blinked several times trying to seem cute, making Handong choke on her drink.

While Handong tried to get back her bearings with Yoohyeon laughing at her, Gahyeon came back to the table and downed her drink in one go.

“What’s so funny?”, she leaned against Handong and wiped her sweaty forehead on her clothes.

Handong pushed her away with a disgusted look on her face, “You’re so gross”

“You love me anyway”, Gahyeon stuck her tongue out at her.

They bickered for a while until Yoohyeon’s loud gasp interrupted them.

“Is that JiU?”, she pointed at the dance floor, making all of them gaze to the blonde woman she was pointing at, “I didn’t know she was back?”

“I thought she was backpacking through Europe?”

“I heard her family send her to the US for a while as a punishment for sleeping with the daughter of Cube’s CEO and breaking her heart, thus ruining a big business deal?”

Handong’s eyes tried to focus on said woman’s face, trying to figure out if she new her from somewhere, but the distance was making it tricky for her.

“Who is JiU?”

Her question shocked her friends, how could Handong not know who JiU was? But then again, once they thought about it, it didn’t seem that weird; Handong was never one for gossip and she preferred to bury herself in work and trying to make Han Consolidated the number one communications company out there than socializing, in fact, if it weren’t for Yoohyeon’s and Gahyeon’s constant begging and effort, she wouldn’t make it out of the office most days, if they hadn’t forced her to be roommates with them, she would have probably made an apartment somewhere in the company’s building so she would always be there.

“She’s the heir to Kim Global Union”

“I thought the heir was Yeri?”

“Well, she’s while JiU is… undisposed”

“Undisposed? More like unwhiling”, Gahyeon murmured under her breath.

The trio watched as JiU danced happily between two beautiful women, so immersed where they in her that they didn’t notice the figure approaching their table until hands slammed forcefully on it, making them jump on their places.

“Bora! You !”, Yoohyeon pushed the newcomer, who only laughed at them.

“You should have seen your faces!”, she sat down on the table and flashed the trio her best smile, “Fancy meeting you here”

Handong looked at her seriously before her face broke into a smile, “We thought we would never see your ugly face around here after what happened at the last party”

Bora gasped and placed a hand on her chest, “My ugly face? You wound me, Dongie”

Before Bora could start bickering with Handong, Yoohyeon’s voice interrupted them “They seem to be very good friends”, she pointed with her head back at JiU and one of the women dancing with her; the other occupants of the table followed her gaze and found JiU kissing the woman.

“I don’t think they’re just friends”, Gahyeon pointed out while Yoohyeon blushed, “You don’t kiss your friends like that”

The taller girl nodded furiously, “You’re right”.

Bora shared a look with Handong before saying, “Halloween 2016”, those words made Yoohyeon choke on air and start coughing, her face turned a deeper shade of red, while Bora and Handong shared a high give and Gahyeon looked at them with confusion.

The four talked and drank a bit more, their main topic of conversation was JiU, how she was always on the tabloids for all the crazy things she got into and her never ending list of conquests, the more she heard about this Jiu, the more Handong was intrigued by her, since she had never crossed paths with her or the other members of the Kim Global Union since they ran in different business circles.

Handong got up to stretch a bit and left her friends behind with the promise of getting more drinks, she gave one last look over the dance floor trying to find the woman that was apparently in the mouth of everyone but couldn’t find her again.

Maybe it’s for the best, Handong thought while she waited at the bar. It wouldn’t do her any good to get distracted by someone that she didn’t know and that seemed to be the complete opposite of who she was, no matter how gorgeous she was.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a body leaning next to her, trying to get the bartender’s attention.

Oh, it’s her, Handong’s eyes swept over JiU’s figure, she was even more beautiful up close; it seemed like the other woman didn’t come directly from the gala, if her ripped jeans were any indication.

So immersed was Handong in looking over JiU that she didn’t notice how the other woman smirked at the attention.

“You can take a picture, it’ll last longer”

Handong almost blushed at being called out, but years of practice had helped her perform her calm and collected persona, they didn’t call her “The Ice Queen” for nothing.

“I was just wondering what brand your jeans were from”

JiU looked at her with amusement, she leaned over and whispered into Handong’s ear, “You could always follow me and find out”.

Handong felt a hand trail over her arm, and if she were anyone else she would have probably fallen for the blonde girl’s tactics, but after everything she had heard tonight she knew that the woman in front of her was bad news.

She pushed the blonde away, “Thanks but no thanks, I like my life STD free”, her words seemed to stun the other woman into silence, the blonde had been so sure the woman in front of her would fall into her arms without blinking, since she had seen her and her friends watching her a while back.

Before the blonde could respond, Handong took the drinks she had ordered and left, without sparing another glance at JiU.

“Ah, it seems like the mighty had fallen”, a voice startled the blonde and broke her form the trance she was in.

“Shut up, Siyeon”, JiU shoved her friend away from her.

“You could always shut her up like you did in the dance floor, Minji”, another voice joined the conversation from behind.

Two bodies leaned against her sides and followed her gaze, Handong had already arrived at her table and seemed to be telling her friends about the exchange they had just had, as they all tried (but failed) to subtly look her way.

“Gotta give it to you, never thought someone would have the balls to proposition Ice Queen over there”, Siyeon said while flagging the bartender for a drink.

“I heard the last person that tried was banned from every single restaurant and bar from the country”, their other friend, Yubin, pipped in.

“Didn’t she make some foreign prince cry once?”

“I thought she had slapped a prime minister when he got a little handsy with her?”

Siyeon and Yubin started telling all the rumors they had heard about, some sounded pretty credible while others seemed out of this world, so Minji took everything they said with a grain of salt since she knew how things functioned in their world.

There was something about her that seemed familiar to Minji, but she couldn’t figure out where she knew her from.

“Who is she?”

Her friends seemed to be surprised at the interruption, how could Minji not know the name of one of the most powerful women of the country? But then again, Minji had been abroad for the past few years.

“Are you living under a rock? How can you not know who the heir of Han Consolidated is?”

“She was number one of Forbes 30 under 30? One of the youngest CEO’s of the country?”

“Han Consolidated, you say?”, since her friends were once again talking a while to relay the exact information she asked for and went of a tangent talking about the other woman’s accomplishment, Minji decided to do a quick google search to find more about the woman that had stole her attention, it was not everyday that she was turned down.

As she scanned over the results, she finally saw the name of the current CEO of Han Consolidated, only one thought ran through her mind.

Ah, Dongie, we meet again