Chapter 1

Mistakenly in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Look at him Matt! That smiles, aww it could melt me any day!”

Matthew could only shake his head in disbelieve toward his best friend attitude.

“You’re so whipped.”

Somin sighed loudly, it’s been 3 months since Somin realized her feeling toward an upper classmate Kim Taehyung. He was 2 years older than Somin, same age with her best friend Matthew. She first saw him when Matt asked her to bring him his wallet that he left in the dance club room, and Somin being a kind best friend that she was, compiled and took it to the basketball court where the two boys hang up.

Somin still remembered when she first saw Taehyung he was drenched in sweat while dribbling the ball, Somin saw how attractive he was when he focused on his game. Later when she told Matt about her love in first sight at his friend, Matt just laughed at her and shrugged his shoulder.

“Well, Tae is popular among the girls, but he doesn’t have a girlfriend, maybe I could set you guys up together.”

But the dimwit won’t stay true to his word, He simply introduced the two of them, and that’s it no blind date, no phone number, no nothing.

And that was 3 months ago, and today Somin still likes Taehyung, she admired him from afar with Matthew being useless as always, just teasing her but no helping at all.

“You’re not helping you know.” Somin slapped his shoulder hard making Matthew jumped a little in surprise.

“Calm down woman!”

Somin just glared at him and continued to watch Taehyung’s every movement.

She looked at the man who was now running from the court to the sitting area where a certain woman sitting with her earphone and eyes buried deep in her book.

“Hey, are you still close with Jiwoo?” Somin asked Matthew curiously.

“Jiwoo? Jiwoo Jeon? Hmm, you could say that. Well, definitely not as close as I am with Tae, but we do talk regularly.”

Somin nodded her head at this and continue to look at the man that she likes and the woman that happened to be his best friend.

“Is she always like that?”

“Like what?” Matthew rose his eyebrows in confusion.

“Untouchable.” Somin muttered under her breath.

Matthew laughed loudly this time.

“You mean, intimidating? I must say, if I didn’t know how shy and introvert she was behind her cold aura, I would agree with you. But Jiwoo isn’t like what people think she is. She is much more tender than she looks, yes, we don’t talk that much, but when it’s just the three of us, she opened up a little, she would laugh at Tae silly jokes, laughed at me when I tried to lighten up the mood. She is the epitome of what people called Tsundere, I guessed.”

Tender was something that Somin didn’t expect from Matt when she asked about Jiwoo, who could blame her though? Jiwoo was very quiet, she’s full of mystery, she didn’t talk to people unless it was necessary, she put on intimidating make up especially around her eyes. She also happened to be a genius, she skipped grades and although she’s in the same age as Somin, she was already in the same grade as Tae and Matt. Despite being no vocal at all, Jiwoo managed to be the most popular person in their university, tons of men and women tried to get inside her pants, but Jiwoo didn’t seem interested like at all. Well, to put it simply, Jiwoo was a pain in the that happened to be attractive as , and Somin didn’t like her. Not hate her, just simply not fond of her.

“She’s too closed with Taehyung.” Somin huffed loudly when she looked at the pair and Tae would carelessly ruffled Jiwoo’s hair which earned him a slap on the arm.

“What do you expect? They were best friend since they were in diapers, and Tae really loves her as a younger sister, I bet half of the men that tried to get inside Jiwoo’s pants actually backed away because Taehyung threaten them to go away from his sister.”

“Yeah? Sounds awfully familiar to me.” Somin eyed Matthew annoyedly.

“Men are trash Somin, I won’t give you to them that easily.” Matthew shrugged at her and Somin rolled her eyes in disbelieve.

“But you are okay with me liking Taehyung though.”

“Well, he is decent. And this is also the first time I saw you liking someone and not the other way around, so I guess it’s fine.”

Somin chuckled at him and shook her head.

“Yeah, but the problem is, he doesn’t like me back.”

“Come on Som, if you really wanted to be with him, you gotta confess!”

“It’s not that easy Matt! What if he rejected me?”

“Well, then you need to make sure he won’t. Confess to him in public, I mean, he is a good guy, he won’t reject you, not when you are in public at least.”

Somin gapped at Matt’s idea, he must be crazy.

“Are you nuts? Why the hell would I do that?”

“Well, the chance of him rejecting you in public is very low you know? He is one of the kindest men I’ve ever known and I believe he won’t humiliated you, especially in public.”

Somin was left silent after that, the thought of confessing to Taehyung in front of her friends was too ridiculous to her, but she also knew that Matt was right. Tae would never humiliate her in public, at least he will accept her confession first and if he didn’t mean it, he will tell her in private.

“Y-You sure that will work?”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter