Chapter 1 : photoshoot

On the set [psycho but it’s okay]

“Table read is at 2pm today.” Soohyuns manager told him.

 

“Yeah okay. I’ll meet you at the agency? I can get there myself.” He replied.

 

He was so nervous. He needed time to get ready. He was going to see her again. 

 

“What should I wear?” He said to himself while looking through his closet. Should he go classy with a button up or keep it cool? Not too casual that he looked like a bum? Not too classy that he looked like up a try hard?

 

“Aissshh” he said has he put his hands in his hair frustratedly. He flashbacked to last week...

 

He couldn’t believe his eyes when she walked in that door during the meeting with the producer. He honestly hadn’t seen her in what? 6 years? Since that pudding commercial they were both in. She looked like she had matured, blossomed into a beautiful woman.  It’s true she had recently joined Gold Medalist with him earlier this year but he had been so busy he honestly hadn’t even seen her around the agency yet. He was barely there. She seemed to be quite busy as well. 

 

“Oh annyeonghaseyo!” She warmed greeted him as she opened the door. 

 

“Ah ye annyeonghaseyo” he greeted shyly as he stood up and bowed. 

 

“I see you two should be well accustomed, having worked together before.” The  producer said.

 

“Ah yes it’s been a while Yeji sshi. It’s good to see you again.” Soohyun said nervously. He couldn’t help but feel shy around her. Perhaps it was her overwhelming presence of beauty as she walked in and sat down.

 

She smiled and that honestly blew him away. It was one of the most beautiful smiles he had ever seen. Something has changed, she was different. Confident. He enjoyed this new aura that surrounded her. He was interested.

 

“I am honoured to work with you again Soohyun sunbaenim,” she replied sweetly.

 

………

 

He arrived at the table read 15 minutes earlier and started to greet some of the staff that was there as well as the other actors that would be joining him in this drama.  He chatted vividly with Oh Jung Se about how excited he was to start this new project with him.

 

She had walked in and stated greeting everyone shyly, her low and husky voice pierced his ears as his head turned around. She bowed at him slightly and went around the room to greet the rest of the cast.

 

She decided to sit opposite him and Oh Jung Se. And started to flip through the script. He noticed she had colourful tabs and highlighted a lot of the script. She must had studied very hard he thought to himself. 

 

 

They started the table read. Episode 1 where kangtae and moon young meet at the hospital.

 

She was very elegant in the way she delivered her lines. With grace, she was already getting a good feel of the character she was portraying. 

 

“Do you believe in destiny....?” She read. 

 

He stared at as she read her line. Her small face was very cute, and the way her eyebrows scrunched up as she focused on her lines. He studied her face.... from her short black hair, to the small mole on her cheek...but then she looked up. Straight at him. Her eyes opened wide as if she was waiting for him. 

 

“Ahh kangtae? What’s wrong?” The director blurted.

 

“Oh! Sorry everyone...” Soohyun cleared his throat and continued with the script.

 

The rest of the table read went by fairly smoothly. Except for his small mishap. He said goodbye to the staff and his cast as he was going home for the day. The first day of the pictorial photo shoot for the drama was tomorrow. It was a pretty tight schedule but he enjoyed the rush of this industry.

 

As he reached for the door handle, another hand appeared. They both held it together for a second until she pulled her hand away. 

 

“I’m sorry sunbaenim!” She said,

 

“Ah yeji sshi. It’s okay... how about we drop the honorifics and speak casually since we will be working together for the next 3 months?” He opened the door for her. He wanted to become close to her. He was usually a down to earth and fun guy and wanted everyone to feel comfortable around him.

 

“Okay, Soohyun oppa.” She said shyly as she exited.

 

He swear his heart literally just skipped a beat as he froze when he heard her attractive voice again. 

 

“What the hell is happening to me...” he muttered under his breath as he closed the door after him.

 

 

………

 

 

FIRST DAY OF PHOTOSHOOT

 

Soohyun rocked up to the shoot in a casual white tshirt and black jeans and was ushered to the wardrobe where he was fitted with a checkered button up shirt and a beige blazer. His hair was styled downwards as this was the look the director wanted kangtae to have. He started to chat to the staff members who were in awe of his good looks and continuously told him about it. He smiled and shook his head denying all of their comments but was thankful they were interested in him. 

 

Just then, Yeji walks in. She spotted him, “oh!” 

 

He replies “oh so you’re looking that splendid today?” He said.

 

She was in a long flowing dress and in moonyoung style makeup and glitter under her eyes. They had given her long hair extensions and pinned back the sides of her hair. He felt like he couldn’t even get close to her. She looked like a goddess. 

 

The shoot began and they did a series of test shots. He was mucking around and joking with the photographer when he said “maybe we should do a shot where we’re looking at each other?” He asked

 

“Okay let’s give that a go.” 

 

They both stared at each other. He was finding it hard to keep eye contact and he started to feel shy looking into her eyes for that long. She on the other hand seemed fine.

 

“Ahh maybe I shouldn’t have said this..” he joked and he broke the eye contact and laughed. She laughed as well.

 

“Okay how about both of you hold hands.” The photographer stated.

 

Before he could even react, she bend slightly and picked up his hand in hers. He froze. And smiled for the camera, trying to act professional.

 

The rest of the cast members were ready for their photoshoots and it went very well. Soohyun and Yeji had another wardrobe change which was for the cover photo of the drama. Both wearing cream coloured clothes they were instructed to sit on the floor, her in between his legs and he rested his head on her shoulders.

 

He was feeling fairly nervous about these poses, he was lightly sweating. 

 

“I’m sorry if I feel wet” he joked.

 

“It’s okay” she laughed with him.

 

He was flustered with this position and played around with his hand positioning. On her shoulder? On her knee? He rested his head on her neck and stared at the camera. Their bodies were so close, he was practically hugging her from behind. He wondered how she felt about it. Was she as nervous as him? He tried to shake off the feeling and focused on the shoot, it was going to be a long day.

 

This was only the beginning.